Bye Week headed for 5 November games

NCHawker

I'm watching Wisconsin dismantle Maryland. They have thier QB back and look like Wisconsin again. Their D has no problem with Maryland's O. Nebraska is destroying Rutgers - whom I think probably resembles Iowa the most. We've seen Iowa play a good half of football against PITT and a half against Indiana with a quarter or so against MD. I don't see any reason to expect Iowa to win another game this year. Don't tell me how bad the competition is....Iowa's that bad too.

Fingers crossed you are wrong. I see jNW, Minn and Illannoy as wins.... probably 3 point wins... Wisky and Nebby a split. Nebby will be out for blood for the past 2 years Iowa beat them...

Fingers crossed you are wrong. I see jNW, Minn and Illannoy as wins.... probably 3 point wins... Wisky and Nebby a split. Nebby will be out for blood for the past 2 years Iowa beat them...

Iowa didnt beat Nebby in 2012 although it was close.

This is more what I see. One game at at time of course with the next 3 but they are winnable.

But as the OP said, if the hawks cant play even close to 60 minutes we lose to Minny, Nebby, and Wisky. Those three games are winnable but will need, I hate to say it but, great execution and a more open offense.

Perception. It's all perception. Minny is supposed to be improved but Minny's 6-1 schedule is just as bad as anyone else (except TCU). They have a QB that cannot throw less accurately if he were blind-folded. Yet everyone looks at their schedule, applauds and then sees v. Iowa, v. OSU, at Neb, at Wisky and then goes "Yikes, that's a tough schedule."

But we're still told Iowa and Wisky aren't what they thought they were (Miller w/o Brinson to name one). Which is it? A tough schedule or a couple of "mehs" and "oooos"?

There's always this:

B00dG8vIcAAHsLA.jpg

The Illinois win was surprising.

Wisky made both Maryland and Iowa look bad. Getting harder and harder to find sure wins on the upcoming schedule. Outside the two sure losses (Wisconsin and Nebraska), the games are probably all coin flips. Two weeks ago, I was impressed by the Indiana performance and changed my prediction to 9 - 3 from 7 - 5. Now I'm definitely back down to 7 - 5, leaning towards 6 - 6.

With Beathard, all bets are off. With Riddick, 7-5 is the rosiest outlook. We stand zero chance against Neb and Wis with Riddick. Nil. And we'll lose another one for sure too albeit more closely.

Latest posts