Buzz the tower!!

JLoss

So I am still caught up in how AMAZING the stadium looked last week. I personally don’t think Kinnick - or any other stadium for that matter - has looked that cool before. But as I think about other major sporting events in comparison, what is one thing that is missing? Buzzing the tower!! How sick would it be to scramble some F-16's from the Viper squad (if they aren’t in the Middle East) and just rock Kinnick before kick off! And if they are over seas then let’s gets some cool old school trick Bi-planes with smoker’s barrel roll above the stadium while dropping black and gold smoke! Throw that on a panoramic and hang it in the office!

I still think it would be cool to have 3-4 skydivers drop into the stadium, the last one being Herky of course, carrying the TigerHawk flag.

So I am still caught up in how AMAZING the stadium looked last week. I personally don’t think Kinnick - or any other stadium for that matter - has looked that cool before. But as I think about other major sporting events in comparison, what is one thing that is missing? Buzzing the tower!! How sick would it be to scramble some F-16's from the Viper squad (if they aren’t in the Middle East) and just rock Kinnick before kick off! And if they are over seas then let’s gets some cool old school trick Bi-planes with smoker’s barrel roll above the stadium while dropping black and gold smoke! Throw that on a panoramic and hang it in the office!

Regular occurence at Falcon Stadium and yes you just wouldn't believe how the hair on the back of your head stands up when those boys come thundering overhead. On some days they light up the after burners and you literally cannot hear the person standing next to you.

How about buzzing the tower with teh same black/gold scheme we had against ohio st. when we're talking rose bowl and we have about 5-5star recruits in house and the stadium is electric ;)

Regular occurence at Falcon Stadium and yes you just wouldn't believe how the hair on the back of your head stands up when those boys come thundering overhead. On some days they light up the after burners and you literally cannot hear the person standing next to you.

They did that one time when I was at Wrigley Field (came from behind me)
I must have jumped 6 feet in the air! You could see right up the tail pipe.
It was amazing!

FWIW - The 124th Fighter Squadron, Iowa Air National Guard, is know as... wait for it, wait for it... The Hawkeyes. The Squadron's mascot is below. Notice anything familiar about it?

AFG-090527-021.jpg

One of the joys of living in the most military friendly state in the nation - I think we have had skydivers and/or flyovers at every NC State game I have gone to. The flyovers, if timed right, are ficking awesome.

Although on a side note, my favorite stupid pilot story, skydivers were supposed to jump into Keenan (at UNC), it was too cloudy so they circled around for a while, saw an opening and a stadium below, and the divers jumped, the only problem is that they were 8 miles north and jumped into Wallce Wade (Duke) while the game was in progress. I have seen both stadiums from the air - no comparison - Keenan is more than twice the size.

One of the joys of living in the most military friendly state in the nation - I think we have had skydivers and/or flyovers at every NC State game I have gone to. The flyovers, if timed right, are ficking awesome.

Although on a side note, my favorite stupid pilot story, skydivers were supposed to jump into Keenan (at UNC), it was too cloudy so they circled around for a while, saw an opening and a stadium below, and the divers jumped, the only problem is that they were 8 miles north and jumped into Wallce Wade (Duke) while the game was in progress. I have seen both stadiums from the air - no comparison - Keenan is more than twice the size.

That is funny. Good story.

Kinnick used to get some flyovers last year (two years ago maybe?). Anybody know why they stopped going that? Are all the jets deployed? Or did the University not want to spend money on it anymore? Assuming they had to "rent" the jet's time and pay for fuel costs.

I think someone should buy an F4F Wildcat, the plane that Kinnick was flying when he died, and have it fly over the stadium at the start of every game.

Kinnick used to get some flyovers last year (two years ago maybe?). Anybody know why they stopped going that? Are all the jets deployed? Or did the University not want to spend money on it anymore? Assuming they had to "rent" the jet's time and pay for fuel costs.

The UIHC requested that they not be done anymore after the 2008 PSU game which resulted in the jets buzzing the hospital, very poor planning on whoever picked the flight paths, should of been from north end zone to south. I would not be opposed to the Golden Knights Army Parachute team doing something, but I don't want anymore fly overs at least until they can guarantee the least amount of disturbance to the hospital as possible.

The UIHC requested that they not be done anymore after the 2008 PSU game which resulted in the jets buzzing the hospital, very poor planning on whoever picked the flight paths, should of been from north end zone to south. I would not be opposed to the Golden Knights Army Parachute team doing something, but I don't want anymore fly overs at least until they can guarantee the least amount of disturbance to the hospital as possible.

Will never happen unless the aircraft is prop driven.

Depending how things shake out, they should do this for the Ohio State game!!! Black and Gold Spirit Game Part 2 and SCREAMING FIGHTERS right before Kick-off!! Yes I love it!!!!

FWIW - The 124th Fighter Squadron, Iowa Air National Guard, is know as... wait for it, wait for it... The Hawkeyes. The Squadron's mascot is below. Notice anything familiar about it?

AFG-090527-021.jpg

We'll just add this to the list of ISU slights.

Though I have heard the laundry crew aboard the Enterprise is nicknamed the "Scrubbin Cy's"

I still think it would be cool to have 3-4 skydivers drop into the stadium, the last one being Herky of course, carrying the TigerHawk flag.

Geez, I'd hate to be the guy trying to skydive and see where he's going while wearing that helmet.

Well since the apparently picky Doc's don’t want to deal with the rumble of a fighter jet shaking the hospital walls (the nerve!) then we should wrangle up the crop dusters and put Herky on top of the wings WITH the smoke streams rocking black and gold. Do that for the 2:30 kick vs. OH State and hope for brilliant blue skies!

I remember the 08 Penn State game flyover. We were upstairs waiting in line to get a beer (club level) and you could see them out the glass for 2 seconds, frickin awesome. By the time I told my wife to look up all you could do is hear what passed..

Maybe we could just get a group of jet pilots to play volleyball on the 50 yard line while Kenny Loggins performs live! Kinnick would be electric. Barta. MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Latest posts