Bush Leage Prices for kids

ICHAWK3

My wife and I got some tickets for the Penn State game and we were told that kids tickets for the game were at a reduced price. So we all went to the game made a big deal of the game all week to the kids which are 4, 4, and 8 months. So to a 4 year old its a big deal. Got to Carver full price. tried to get them on the street no tickets to be had. So had to pay full price the three kids cost $75. That is complete crap. I am calling the ticket office to complain when they open on Tuesday morning. Does anyone know who I should as for when I call.

Five kids. That's why I don't go to games. I'd have to take out a loan.

Switching the channel to Mylie Cyrus or LOST usually puts me in better light anyway after a first half 0-14 point dry spell.

Five kids. That's why I don't go to games. I'd have to take out a loan.

Switching the channel to Mylie Cyrus or LOST usually puts me in better light anyway after a first half 0-14 point dry spell.

Me too. ticket prices are over-the-top. I considered going to the wrestling meet Saturday, and even that would have cost $50 for the 3 kids and two parents.

I would love to take my kids to a BB game, but they have priced the game out for me.

A question, imported_ICHAWK3.

If you were "told" kids tickets were at a reduced rate, and they really weren't, isn't that your fault. I am assuming they never were at a reduced rate and you just heard wrong from someone other than the ticket office, right? Then who should you be mad at?

If I am mistaken about how it went down, please let me know.

Re: A question, imported_ICHAWK3.

If you were "told" kids tickets were at a reduced rate, and they really weren't, isn't that your fault. I am assuming they never were at a reduced rate and you just heard wrong from someone other than the ticket office, right? Then who should you be mad at?

If I am mistaken about how it went down, please let me know.

Well make no mistake about it you are definitely a doucher...the point is kids SHOULD/it would be a nice gesture if they could get in at a reduced price...

Send an e-mail to Barta. He's the one who ultimately sets the ticket pricing policies. If you call the ticket office to complain, you're going to end up bending the ear of someone who doesn't set policy.

A call to the ticket office before you went to the game would have been more helpful to you.

Last edited:
Shame on you for not knowing ticket prices prior to a game. I've never gone to an athletic event with kids in tow not knowing what it will cost. What a ticket should cost is irrelevant to your poor planning.

I attend nearly every home game and I have yet to attend a game where there wasn't a scalper outside trying to sell tickets. I have a hard time understanding how you could have missed him.

Me too. ticket prices are over-the-top. I considered going to the wrestling meet Saturday, and even that would have cost $50 for the 3 kids and two parents.

I would love to take my kids to a BB game, but they have priced the game out for me.

$50 for five people and over 2 hours on entertainment? Do you guys expect Iowa to give away tickets for free? I am not sure how much cheaper you can than $10/ticket for a major sporting event.

My wife and I got some tickets for the Penn State game and we were told that kids tickets for the game were at a reduced price. So we all went to the game made a big deal of the game all week to the kids which are 4, 4, and 8 months. So to a 4 year old its a big deal. Got to Carver full price. tried to get them on the street no tickets to be had. So had to pay full price the three kids cost $75. That is complete crap. I am calling the ticket office to complain when they open on Tuesday morning. Does anyone know who I should as for when I call.

who told you?

If the Ticket Office told you that kids would be a reduced rate I'm sure they'll make it right. If you 'heard it from .....' or were 'expecting it because .....' then that's on you.

Granted, given the state of affairs (economy, our attendence, etc.) it would be nice if tickets for kids were at a reduced price. However, the job of the ticket office isn't in the business of doing because it would be a 'nice gesture'.

In all my years of attending D1 and/or major sporting events I have come to expect all people attending the the game/event need to have a ticket regardless of age. I also expect to pay full price.

As my four year old would say- "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit"

Have you taken the kids to a football game? Only the games that mean very little have "kids" prices. I take my two boys every year to a football game and a wrestling meet. The wrestling is a much less expensive trip. Both are a great times and well worth the money.
I cannot take the family of four out for a crappy meal for less than fifty dollars when you add in a drink and the tip, so 50-75 for a sporting event does not seem too steep. A kid takes up the same space as an adult, just like in a plane. Now, I would agree that for basketball with the arena half empy, yes the athletic department should have half price seats for kids to fill the place up. I bought my tickets through the athletic web site BEFORE we head to IC so I know before hand what I will pay.

We have two boys (3 and 7) and have not taken them to a men's basketball game where we had to buy tickets. In the past, we took them using my company's tickets. Having to pay full price for kids for a BB has priced us out of going. Now, for wrestling, they have special prices for kids and for those 3 and under, you are allowed in for free. The exception to the 3 and under rule is the big meets, which this year include Okie State, Penn State, and Ohio State.
We too, take the boys to a football game where they can get in for a reduced price.

Have you also "Heard" that the football team is going to the Fiesta Bowl? Better buy your non-refundable plane tickets and put a deposit down on a hotel room right now.

should lower bball and raise wrestling. iowa never fails to put in a big crowd for duals

if the games were free still don't think stands would be full

Well make no mistake about it you are definitely a doucher...the point is kids SHOULD/it would be a nice gesture if they could get in at a reduced price...

From a business standpoint, lowering prices for kids is stupid. They take up a seat, which could have been purchased by an adult.

In the midst of rebuilding years, it's hard to accept this, but in only makes sense that kids are charged the same as adults. If it's too expensive, then just don't bring them.

If anything the University could reserve seats for kids and when those are sold out....the full price kicks in.

should lower bball and raise wrestling. iowa never fails to put in a big crowd for duals

if the games were free still don't think stands would be full
One difference is there are many more home bb games than wrestling meets, although this year that might not be a factor.

$50 for five people and over 2 hours on entertainment? Do you guys expect Iowa to give away tickets for free? I am not sure how much cheaper you can than $10/ticket for a major sporting event.[/QU

I'm sure hawkeye athletic events are always sold out (especially when the wrestling team is hosting #4 ranked OSU), and you are right, the athletic department shouldn't change a thing.

And I guess you're pretty good at name calling, clicheusername3.

It would appear that most of the responses think like me. And last I looked he was complaining because he was told the price was less for kids and it wasn't. So it looks like you don't have very good reading comprehension skills either.

That's okay though, I'm sure you have plenty of strengths somewhere to draw upon for your insightful posts. I don't break the forum rules by calling posters names and I can comprehend a post properly. Those appear to be my strengths.

Fire away, clicheusername3, as we all await your next nugget of wisdom.

Re: And I guess you're pretty good at name calling, clicheusername3.

It would appear that most of the responses think like me. And last I looked he was complaining because he was told the price was less for kids and it wasn't. So it looks like you don't have very good reading comprehension skills either.

That's okay though, I'm sure you have plenty of strengths somewhere to draw upon for your insightful posts. I don't break the forum rules by calling posters names and I can comprehend a post properly. Those appear to be my strengths.

Fire away, clicheusername3, as we all await your next nugget of wisdom.

Maybe he is having trouble because the things you write are incomprehensible. Your first paragraph is a syntax nightmare. I honestly think it will cost me sleep.

Latest posts