Burroughs

My guess would be Rutgers, since he's a Jersey guy.

I think Molinaro is the young guy they have in training there. i know he really has taken a huge role at Rutgers. i don't think Burroughs will take any major coaching job until after 2016. He loves training w/ Brian Snyder who is one Neb staff and obviously loves working w/ Manning. i would guess he'll split time between Neb and the OTC until after Rio and then decide. But he'll be a name everyone will want obviously.

I agree with CR that Burroughs still has a few years to dominate the sport. After that he could be handed the keys to a lot of different programs. I can't see him coaching at Nebraska but who knows.

His plans are to wrestle through 2020 at least. MMA has gone away since the announcement of wrestling being reinstated.

His plans are to wrestle through 2020 at least. MMA has gone away since the announcement of wrestling being reinstated.

I'm not saying you're wrong Pin, but i'd be shocked to see him compete until 2020. he's 25 right now so he'll be 28 after Rio. lets say he has 3-4 world titles as well as 2 olympic titles under his belt i bet he'd at least consider stepping away and doing something else (i.e. coaching) then maybe making a run of it a few years later if he decided he wanted to. That's just a lot of wear and tear on his body to think he'll just wrestle full time until he's 32 at that level. Even if he's stated his intentions are to compete through 2020, i'd be surprised if it actually happened that way.

"I’ve kind of erased the MMA thoughts. The 2020 Olympics in Tokyo is a realistic goal. I still have a lot of wrestling left in me." - Jordan Burroughs

Like I said, i don't doubt he's saying that now, i'll be surprised if he's still competing full time when 2020 rolls around.

Latest posts