Burrito Lift or no burrito lift?

The burrito lift is really freaking lame, as is the "put a smile on your face" promo from delta dental, as is most of the music (Bush's "Machinehead" played 30 times a game), as is the semi truck driving to kinnick and plowing over the helmet of the other team, as is the giant video boards that are almost constantly wasted on advertisements instead of replays. Also, every game now feels almost like a job for the fans...."today is a blackout, wear all black", "today we're all holding up signs to spell out how much we need farmers", "today odd sections wear gold and evens wear black", "today we're all waving pom-poms". Iowa needs to evolve to the new age and stop with all the cheese-dick promotions.

I had some Gopher friends come with me to the game at Kinnick a couple years back and they just ripped on the fan experience the whole time how it was like going back in time to the 70s. Its like every stereotype outsiders have of Iowans is magnified at our stadium during the game.

The only thing my friends and I enjoy at Kinnick outside of the actual games are the swarm coming out onto the field and the I. O. W. A after a score. Those things make sense. The forced promotions do not.

I agree with absolutely everything you just said! After being at Kinnick for every Saturday for the past 15 years, I sort of got worn out because I was spending too much time being frustrated with the things you mention in your post ... One of my biggest annoyances ... the stadium announcer ... BORING ... And "Please be kind to your neighbor and treat ..." ... Seriously!?

The TV timeouts are absolutely infuriating. If the game is on ABC, I guess they make sense, but for games on BTN or ESPN where the subscribers are having a small fortune tacked onto their cable bills, it seems like we should be able to cut the TV timeouts down. Heck, BTN has improved bince the days of Rotel being the only advertiser, but there are still 10+ minutes of university and BTN ads on during the games. The games seem to run over the old 3 hour rule of thumb allotment quite regularly now and it is a shame because the ball is only live for maybe 10-12 minutes anyway.

Amen ... the tv timeouts nowadays are killers. After 15 years, I now spend Saturday's at home in front of the big screen and no longer have to listen to Star Wars music ... A lame stadium announcer ... and blaring commercials about how I can become a women's volleyball season ticketholder ...

The biggest problem with Kinnick and the game day experience is the same problem with amerca. It's full of idiots. Every person at Kinnick is a foozeball expert and can predict every play we call and knows every play we should have called instead. Every expert there will yell at the refs for every call they clearly miss. THIS is the biggest problem with kinnicks game day experience.

The biggest problem with Kinnick and the game day experience is the same problem with amerca. It's full of idiots. Every person at Kinnick is a foozeball expert and can predict every play we call and knows every play we should have called instead. Every expert there will yell at the refs for every call they clearly miss. THIS is the biggest problem with kinnicks game day experience.

Agree ... Listening to "Bob" from Bondurant enlighten all of us around him on how Iowa needs to do this or do that .... is ... well ... just as it sounds coming from him ...

You do know bob was third team all conf, east Central Valley right? I believe he's earned the right to make his voice heard.

There's nothing like Kinnick, on a sun drenched Saturday, when we are good, playing a good team, playing a good game, scoring a touchdown, high fives all around. Hawks scor me hawks score. What's not to like. I'll even high five some of the idiots because I'm happy.

Definitely accurate. Add to that all the heavily intoxicated ones around you, the idiots that can't get there on time and make everyone get up so they can get to their seat during play, and then the one guy (or in my case lady last year) who take up 3 seats with no regard or respect for those around them and don't move the entire game. Lady's butt hung over the seat so far in front of me last year I couldn't see my feet let alone move them. Only benefit was during the really cold game I guess I had insulation to keep my feet warm...

Yeah I forgot about all the ding dongs that have to get up every five seconds because they are parched and have to stay hydrated. STFD and watch the game. And don't even think about stepping on my lawn f tard

The TV timeouts are absolutely infuriating. If the game is on ABC, I guess they make sense, but for games on BTN or ESPN where the subscribers are having a small fortune tacked onto their cable bills, it seems like we should be able to cut the TV timeouts down. Heck, BTN has improved bince the days of Rotel being the only advertiser, but there are still 10+ minutes of university and BTN ads on during the games. The games seem to run over the old 3 hour rule of thumb allotment quite regularly now and it is a shame because the ball is only live for maybe 10-12 minutes anyway.

This is a decent point re: BTN games. A lot of time could be cut out by eliminating B10 school advertisements and BTN advertisements. There is no reason why the games need to be on the same TV timeout schedule when on BTN as they are on ABC/ESPN. Let's get moving, boys.

Also, I believe you and I are about the same age. I faintly remember when I was real young that people thought cable television would not have/need commercials due to subscriber fees, but here we are, paying for 250 channels, of which a normal person regularly watches about 5, with ads.

This is a decent point re: BTN games. A lot of time could be cut out by eliminating B10 school advertisements and BTN advertisements. There is no reason why the games need to be on the same TV timeout schedule when on BTN as they are on ABC/ESPN. Let's get moving, boys.

Also, I believe you and I are about the same age. I faintly remember when I was real young that people thought cable television would not have/need commercials due to subscriber fees, but here we are, paying for 250 channels, of which a normal person regularly watches about 5, with ads.

Yeah, the talk back in the day was that cable wouldn't need ads. Of course, that didn't pan out as planned.

HawkIPA I hope you are wrong... anything in common with the vag-heads is too much in common with the vag-heads. The difference being ours is a marketing ploy theirs is not... taint amount to PSU with the Seven Nation Army thing or FSU and their hatchet-wave thing.

Latest posts