OL:Bulaga
TE:Hockenson
WR:DJK
WR:McNutt
QB:Banks
HB:Greene
HB:Wadley
Res: James Daniels, CJ Jones, Ricky Stanzi, Dallas Clark, Ed Hinkle

Same deal as the Defense. Interested to see what others lineups might be.

OL:Gallery
OL:Yanda
OL:Blythe
OL:Scherff

Bro, can Wadley even dunk?

And I just looked, Brandon Scherff had zero points his junior year.

You need to take this thing back to the drawing board, son.

OL:Gallery
OL:Yanda
OL:Blythe
OL:Scherff

On second thought, I think your roster is pretty close. The only change I'd make is swapping out Woodbury for Bulaga. Bulaga was a little iffy at times under the basket so I had to give the edge to Woody.

But other than that you're right on.

You cannot put Banks ahead of Beathard. You just can't. Beathard with good receivers would have set records that would never have been broken. Frankly, put beathard on that 2002 team and Iowa might have won the national championship, assuming you get a healthy Beathard.

I think nobody else is going to do it, so I am going to send a little love to Iowa's all time leader in total receptions.....

Kevonte Martin-Manley

KMM should at least be a reserve on the all time Ferentz team.

T - Bulaga
T - Gallery
G - Yanda
G - Scherff
C - Blythe
TE - Hockenson
WR - DJK
WR - McNutt
RB - Greene
FB - Brett Morse
QB - Beathard (healthy)

Backups/shout-outs: Kevonte Martin Manley, Tevaun Smith, Riley Reiff, James Daniels, Albert Young, Mark Weismann, and ALL OF THE TEs

Team woulda-coulda-shoulda (skill positions):
TE - Fant (just kidding), Ike Boetteger ;)
WR - Dominique Douglas
WR - Derrick Willies
RB - Take your pick here
FB - Parker Hesse
QB - Jake Christensen

T-Galley
T-Scheriff (played tackle at iowa, guard in nfl)
G-yanda
G-Steinbach
C-James Daniels
TE1-Hock
TE2-Clark
WR1-Mcnutt
WR2-Clinton Solomon
RB- Greene (1st half), Wadley (2nd half)
QB- Drew Tate

K-Nate Kaeding
P- Ron Coluzzi

Returner- King/hinkle

Honorable mentions- Stanzi, Blythe, KMM, Bulaga, Tony Mo, DjK, Ed hinkle, Fred russel

Based only on what they did at Iowa, weighing a combination of their overall career and their peak, here are the 11 players who would "start". I think this overall offense gives Iowa the best chance to score points against a variety of defenses from across the KF era.

QB--Drew Tate
LT--Robert Gallery
LG--Brandon Scherff
C--Bruce Nelson
RG--Eric Steinbach
RT--Bryan Bulaga
TE--Dallas Clark
TE--Noah Fant
WR--Marvin McNutt
WR--CJ Jones
RB--Akrum Wadley

QB- Banks
RB- Greene
FB- Morse
WR- McNutt
WR- Solomon
TE- Hockenson
TE- Clark
LT- Gallery
LG- Scherff
C- Nelson
RG- Yanda
RT- Bulaga

Reserves- Fant, Hinkel, Stanzi, Wadley, Blythe

OL was tough to pick

Kinda surprising how many people have omitted Steinbach on the offensive line. 2 time 1st team All B1G. He was the best OL in the B1G in 2002 year and was a good pro for a long time. Some don't even have him on the reserve list.

And no love for Mo Brown? When healthy he was probably the best WR of the KF era.

Kinda surprising how many people have omitted Steinbach on the offensive line. 2 time 1st team All B1G. He was the best OL in the B1G in 2002 year and was a good pro for a long time. Some don't even have him on the reserve list.

And no love for Mo Brown? When healthy he was probably the best WR of the KF era.
Like I said, OL was a tough choice. Also, I seriously considered Mo Brown as well. His 2002 was big for us, and I feel like of he hadn't been hurt in 03, he may have gotten a pro shot.

Not a lot of love for DJK either. While McNutt probably put together the best career at WR, DJK was the best WR I think Iowa has had. He could literally do it all, he could run every route, deep threat, catch screens, run after the catch, score, incredible feel for the first down line, return kicks, showed up in big games.

Like I said, OL was a tough choice. Also, I seriously considered Mo Brown as well. His 2002 was big for us, and I feel like of he hadn't been hurt in 03, he may have gotten a pro shot.

Hey to each their own. I get it. There would be a lot of tough choices at many positions.

Really there are probably 5 no-brainers that everyone would have on O & D. Because they were generational, best player or very close to best player at their positions ever at Iowa type of players.

LT Gallery
DE Roth
DE Clayborn (AJE will be on this level a year from now)
LB Greenway
S Sanders

Even the big award winners: Banks, Greene, King, & Jackson could be argued against because of guys like CJ, Wadley, Spievey, & Hyde

Latest posts