Bucky game thread

I thought the McCaffery boys showed some balls. We know CM has always played with em but PM finally did last night. He doesn't always play the smartest or even remotely like a coaches kid out there. But he was aggressive and stepped up to hit some tough shots when nobody else was for a stretch.

I can't stand Wisky. Can't freaking stand them. The fact Oliver is still there just irks me too. To have been a stop or 2 away from winning that game just frustrates me. TP CM PM they really left it all out there.
From his IQ to leadership to consistent, gritty effort and production ... + his 3 shot improvement to help avoid the 5 on 4 situations ... C-Mac is becoming my favorite player on this team.

P-Mac ... seems to always take until 2nd half before he makes a difference and the very thought of him trying any sort of dribble move makes me nervous.

Also, besides my encouraged outlook, that was a win Iowa needed. They need to sneak one on the road now that we aren't expecting. FWIW, I think they lose in Lincoln. They lose to way worse teams in Lincoln every year. I give them a fighting change with Kris and Aaron tho. Without them almost 0 %
It was and, after completely dismantling ISU, even with an expected let down, I still thought it would be a W.
Wisky really isn't that good but, one thing they are very good at is mucking it up, making the refs work to manage the game to the point of getting worn out / swallowing whistles, and doing just enough to win. Also, another size disadvantage for Iowa that really had Rebraca struggling from the start. Once they made Iowa 1-dimensional and the shooters continued to clank ... it was set for them to do what they do.

Right now, the top concerns for the rest of the Hawk's season is getting Kris back / staying healthy and for Sandfort to get his shit together. His 23 minutes of 0-fers is becoming a liability.

From his IQ to leadership to consistent, gritty effort and production ... + his 3 shot improvement to help avoid the 5 on 4 situations ... C-Mac is becoming my favorite player on this team.

P-Mac ... seems to always take until 2nd half before he makes a difference and the very thought of him trying any sort of dribble move makes me nervous.
Same here with CM he's just one tough SOB on top of how smart he plays. Just invaluable to have on a team.

PM absolutely makes me nervous dribbling unless he has a straight line to the hoop. He likes to dribble right into double teams accross the lane and jump to pass and or shoot a high degree of difficulty shot... Pretty much something kids should be taught against doing habitually. Especially a coaches kid.

Same here with CM he's just one tough SOB on top of how smart he plays. Just invaluable to have on a team.

PM absolutely makes me nervous dribbling unless he has a straight line to the hoop. He likes to dribble right into double teams accross the lane and jump to pass and or shoot a high degree of difficulty shot... Pretty much something kids should be taught against doing habitually. Especially a coaches kid.
Hawks likely have him only for 3 more years.

It was and, after completely dismantling ISU, even with an expected let down, I still thought it would be a W.
Wisky really isn't that good but, one thing they are very good at is mucking it up, making the refs work to manage the game to the point of getting worn out / swallowing whistles, and doing just enough to win. Also, another size disadvantage for Iowa that really had Rebraca struggling from the start. Once they made Iowa 1-dimensional and the shooters continued to clank ... it was set for them to do what they do.

Right now, the top concerns for the rest of the Hawk's season is getting Kris back / staying healthy and for Sandfort to get his shit together. His 23 minutes of 0-fers is becoming a liability.
WI may stink but think about it, they're 2-0 in the B1G with wins at Maryland and at Iowa. They may be terrible, but they have a heck of a head start and some in the bank with that.

WI may stink but think about it, they're 2-0 in the B1G with wins at Maryland and at Iowa. They may be terrible, but they have a heck of a head start and some in the bank with that.
Pretty sure their Maryland win was in Madison but still impressive.

I keep going back to their Thanksgiving morning OT battle with Kansas. They didn't win, but games like that will toughen you up for league wars in hostile arenas. That's why I like our strong early schedule, even as some players are banged up or struggling. We will be better prepared for crunch time in Champaign or East Lansing or West Lafayette playing games like that than blowing out Quad 4 teams by 40.

Pretty sure their Maryland win was in Madison but still impressive.

I keep going back to their Thanksgiving morning OT battle with Kansas. They didn't win, but games like that will toughen you up for league wars in hostile arenas. That's why I like our strong early schedule, even as some players are banged up or struggling. We will be better prepared for crunch time in Champaign or East Lansing or West Lafayette playing games like that than blowing out Quad 4 teams by 40.
it was in Madison - I looked wrong. I 100% agree, steal sharpens steal. I like when Iowa schedules aggressively. I felt like last years schedule matched last years team and this years schedule matches this years team. Just hope we can stay healthy, we don't have the depth we've had as of late to handle that this season.

Just looked at the Ken Pom numbers, he is projecting a 20-11(11-9) record. Which based on what I have seen so far feels about right if KM is back in early January.

Sidenote: I didn’t realize Sandfort was second on the team in 3 point attempts and will surpass KM against SEMO.

it was in Madison - I looked wrong. I 100% agree, steal sharpens steal. I like when Iowa schedules aggressively. I felt like last years schedule matched last years team and this years schedule matches this years team. Just hope we can stay healthy, we don't have the depth we've had as of late to handle that this season.
I came closer to meeting Gard than I bargained. Ran into his brother Jeff (UW Platteville head coach) at a local high school game. (Last Friday I delivered to his mother's house in Cobb Wisconsin for my job)

Of course I held my tongue. No, I did. Jeff is much friendlier than his brother. My two boys attended his summer basketball camps for years.

Latest posts