Bucky game thread

You could make just as big an argument that if Sandfort hits ONE shot, we win in regulation
Well of course. That's BB. When Conner is your main catalyst, not many BIG games will be won. When he is the feeder, scorer and instigator..... He should be getting points by getting fed after as the feeder he creates an opening.

Need healthy Hawks soon for a top-tier finish.

Sorry my dudes. Without Fran’s T we win.

I love Fran, still do, but you can’t do that shit in tight games.
...or waste a TO early in the 2nd half on a phantom 'hook & hold' which almost never gets called.
...or be up 6 pts with 10 min remaining and leave Kingsbury and #4 on the floor as Wisky goes on a 9-0 run while 2 of your best players (PMac & Rbraca) sit in front of the scorer's table.
Horrible TO and roster management the last 10 minutes -- not even mentioning the idiotic Technical. Those are the kind of mistakes you expect from a rookie coach, not an experienced coach.

UI / UW basketball games often look similar to UI / UW football games. Lots of factors went into tonight’s loss. I’ll go with poor outside shooting for #1………20 three point misses.

...or waste a TO early in the 2nd half on a phantom 'hook & hold' which almost never gets called.
...or be up 6 pts with 10 min remaining and leave Kingsbury and #4 on the floor as Wisky goes on a 9-0 run while 2 of your best players (PMac & Rbraca) sit in front of the scorer's table.
Horrible TO and roster management the last 10 minutes -- not even mentioning the idiotic Technical. Those are the kind of mistakes you expect from a rookie coach, not an experienced coach.
As said... Fran's had some doozies over the years but that 5 guard lineup that included ur #8 &#9 option... Oy Vey! At least have Big-O for something inside.

Second time this week he's lost a TO because he thought he saw a hook and hold.

Can't blame him for PMac and Rebraca rotting at the scorers table. He tried to get them back out there. This isn’t hockey. You can't do a line change on the fly though that would be cool to watch.

He's running out of bodies to turn to if two starters are down and Sandfort can't shake out of his slump and Bowen is inconsistent. PMac and Rebraca needed breathers. Perkins probably did as well but never got one that I could recall.

The lack of development from Ogundele and Mulvey is puzzling.

Just got home from work watched the game, Iowa got punked by this officiating crew. Talk about see no evil, so many uncalled fouls by Whisky, did this crew owe Guard money? I don’t remember Iowa being treated like a visiting D2 school like this before. Whisky should have fouled out every starter by halftime. Freaking disgraceful.

I think you had to be at the game. W’s inside game success was allowed by officials not calling obvious traveling violations. Pretty easy to score if you are allowed to walk around in the lane, shuffle your feet, change your pivot foot a couple of times until you get open for a bunny. Don’t believe me ? DVR does not lie

I think you had to be at the game. W’s inside game success was allowed by officials not calling obvious traveling violations. Pretty easy to score if you are allowed to walk around in the lane, shuffle your feet, change your pivot foot a couple of times until you get open for a bunny. Don’t believe me ? DVR does not lie
Oh, you saw it on TV believe me. A couple of times they changed time zones without a dribble, but called every close travel and OOBs play against Iowa. Guard must be giggling all the way back to Madison, and the smirk by Whal and wave, well I got to check the schedule cuz this game needs a rematch with a healthy Murray and Ulis and some decent refs.

Oh, you saw it on TV believe me. A couple of times they changed time zones without a dribble, but called every close travel and OOBs play against Iowa. Guard must be giggling all the way back to Madison, and the smirk by Whal and wave, well I got to check the schedule cuz this game needs a rematch with a healthy Murray and Ulis and some decent refs.
February 23 in Madison.

I thought the McCaffery boys showed some balls. We know CM has always played with em but PM finally did last night. He doesn't always play the smartest or even remotely like a coaches kid out there. But he was aggressive and stepped up to hit some tough shots when nobody else was for a stretch.

I can't stand Wisky. Can't freaking stand them. The fact Oliver is still there just irks me too. To have been a stop or 2 away from winning that game just frustrates me. TP CM PM they really left it all out there.

This program would be F'd with out Pat and Connor. Talk about tough. This team showed a lot to me this week meaning there are some players on this team besides Kris. But take Ulis out? Your best defending guard and the one of the few players who can get to the hoop? And Kris Murray? That DOES change everything. This team isn't going to be a top half of the conference team without their leading scorer and best rebounder and best defender. They just aren't. That can be said about most teams in the country though.

Roster management kind of goes out the window when you lose 2 guys who play a lot of minutes and are big contributors. You're just looking for a spark. I thought Fran wringed as much as he could out of the team last night.

His T - literally did NOT cost them the game. They were down before it, they were down after it. In fact, it could be argued that his T actually sparked his team and fired up a bunch of guys running on fumes.

I feel like there aren't a lot of people who watch college basketball outside of the Hawks on this forum. The lack of understanding of the game is sometimes astonishing. But that's what makes these boards great, everyone gets a voice!

Also, besides my encouraged outlook, that was a win Iowa needed. They need to sneak one on the road now that we aren't expecting. FWIW, I think they lose in Lincoln. They lose to way worse teams in Lincoln every year. I give them a fighting change with Kris and Aaron tho. Without them almost 0 %

Latest posts