BTT predictions

Half time right now of Nebraska and Wisc on the BTN. Talking about the tournament. They said "Iowa is the sleeper even though they have lost several games, they can score in bunches, even though they couldn't guard a chair right now."

Andy Katz tweeted following the MSU game Thursday saying he was very interested to see us play in the tourney..he thinks getting away from conference play will make a difference. I agree

Half time right now of Nebraska and Wisc on the BTN. Talking about the tournament. They said "Iowa is the sleeper even though they have lost several games, they can score in bunches, even though they couldn't guard a chair right now."
sheeesh. Sleeper for final four.

Now playing poorly and the Hawks are a sleeper in the BTT?

< shakes head, hunches shoulder, turns and walks away rather than wait for another kick to the stones game ending buzzer beater >

On to the NCAAs

sheeesh. Sleeper for final four.

Now playing poorly and the Hawks are a sleeper in the BTT?

< shakes head, hunches shoulder, turns and walks away rather than wait for another kick to the stones game ending buzzer beater >

On to the NCAAs

I know very frustrating. Turn on BTN Nebraska is beating Wisconsin right now. They're going crazy.

The same BIG studio crew also said that if Iowa didn't win their first round game vs NW in the BIG tourney they can start worrying about making the NCAA tourney.

I predicted fOSU beating MSU in several posts over the past week+. While I never fathomed the Hawks crapping their way down to the 6 seed, I thought it possible by fOSU and Nebby winning out to get 11 wins. Since it wasn't likely Iowa would get the 3, I was hoping they would get the 6. I just believe they will fare better on that side of the bracket.

So, hoping to God last night was the bottom. Also hoping that the Hawks have an ounce of pride left (and McCaffery has an ounce of competence in bench management) to allow the following to happen...
1) Hawks take care of the layup on Thursday, beating the Cats 88-66.
2) Gaining a little confidence and realizing what's at stake, Hawks exact revenge on Izzo's minions on Friday, 77-72.
3) A 3rd shot at Becky sees the return of the bench contributions. Uthoff and Oglesby combine for 28 and Woody / Gabe get Kaminsky on the bench with early fouls. Hawks do what they should have done twice before, 75-69.
4) The rubber match with UM awaits. Let's not get crazy, here. Michigan drops 12 3's on a tired Iowa staff and team and Hawks lose 64-77.

They fall short of the tourney title but have done enough to be the talk of the town (in a January way, not last 2 weeks' way). They get back up to the 6 (maybe 5) seed in the dance and, most importantly, believe in themselves, again. That gets them their 1st NCAA win in over a decade.

All this depends on pride, effort and McCaffery. If Hawks struggle to beat NwU (or, God forbid ... no not gonna say it) and then get embarrassed, again, by MSU ... they're a guaranteed 1st round loss in the dance.

Drub Northwestern, take down Sparty (see what I did there?), and probably lose to Wisconsin in the semis. It's just blind faith at this point, logic is telling me Iowa won't win a men's basketball game until November.

If we find a way to lose out, that would make for a really long off season for Franny. I really hope the northwestern game isn't close late, because I fear for what will happen. Crawford with a half courter at the buzzer.

Hawks rally after a full blown melt-down and ejection for Fran against NW. Fran is banned for the rest of the season by the NCAA due to the multiple infractions. Hawks go on to win the BTT and make it to the Elite 8.

I'm pretty much thinking the same thing SB. But if the Hawks are going to exercise some demons in quarters- and semis- why not the finals?
I predicted fOSU beating MSU in several posts over the past week+. While I never fathomed the Hawks crapping their way down to the 6 seed, I thought it possible by fOSU and Nebby winning out to get 11 wins. Since it wasn't likely Iowa would get the 3, I was hoping they would get the 6. I just believe they will fare better on that side of the bracket.

So, hoping to God last night was the bottom. Also hoping that the Hawks have an ounce of pride left (and McCaffery has an ounce of competence in bench management) to allow the following to happen...
1) Hawks take care of the layup on Thursday, beating the Cats 88-66.
2) Gaining a little confidence and realizing what's at stake, Hawks exact revenge on Izzo's minions on Friday, 77-72.
3) A 3rd shot at Becky sees the return of the bench contributions. Uthoff and Oglesby combine for 28 and Woody / Gabe get Kaminsky on the bench with early fouls. Hawks do what they should have done twice before, 75-69.
4) The rubber match with OSU awaits. Hawks win when Craft misses a last second buzzer beater 71-69.

The crazy thing is, given Iowa's talent level and demonstrated potential, no one should fall out of their chair if they win the whole damn thing. The problem is mental state, I think. This has looked like a team SERIOUSLY doubting itself for a long stretch of time. Can the 2nd season snap us out of that?

Latest posts