BTN's Dienhart is bullish on Hawks after loss

ColoradoHAWKEYE

Well, to be honest, different eyes see different things from different perspectives. Some people formulate an opinion after reading or seeing another's opinion. Dienhart more than once points out an increase in Iowa's presence increasing through the season and gives high kudos to Rudock. While I didn't fully agree on all his gradings of all the games and boxscores that I saw (he gave Nebby a B, they clearly underwhelmed Wyoming), he is more an expert than I. For the record, he gave the Hawk's a B- and added them to his bowl game projections list.

Dienhart: My Week 1 honors, grades, top 10 & more « Big Ten Network

Dienhart: Iowa enters Week 2 bowl projections « Big Ten Network

Some of the fans that head to Detroit might not come back alive, and we can't afford to lose any at this point. I say we offer the trip to Clown U instead.

If we get selected for Detroit, we should offer the trip to Clown U or UNI. What an embarrassment that would be for the program.

4-8 was an embarrassment brah. Detroit may not be glamorous but it's a bowl game and it gets Iowa to those ever so important 15 extra practices. Besides, this shouldn't be an argument anyway. If Iowa gets eligible the highest remaining bowl will pick us. No way we drop to Detroit if we are tied record wise with some other teams.

4-8 was an embarrassment brah. Detroit may not be glamorous but it's a bowl game and it gets Iowa to those ever so important 15 extra practices. Besides, this shouldn't be an argument anyway. If Iowa gets eligible the highest remaining bowl will pick us. No way we drop to Detroit if we are tied record wise with some other teams.
Those extra practices sure helped following the 2010 and 2011 seasons.

Little Caesars Pizza, Dec. 26 Big Ten vs. MAC Iowa vs. Bowling Green

Crap. Bowling Green looked good in their first game.

I hate to say it, but this year I would take any bowl game. I hate that I feel this way but after Saturday's loss, anything above 6 wins would surpass my expectations. 7 or more wins is a great season..THIS year. I expect 8+ next year

Why do you see more wins next year? We lose a trio of sr lbs.Our dline will still be a mess. CJF gone.. Scherf will be gone.

Little Caesars Pizza, Dec. 26 Big Ten vs. MAC Iowa vs. Bowling GreenCrap. Bowling Green looked good in their first game.
They're also a MAC team, which would indicate a loss. However, it's not at Kinnick Stadium, so that leaves us an outside chance at victory.

Why do you see more wins next year? We lose a trio of sr lbs.Our dline will still be a mess. CJF gone.. Scherf will be gone.

As goes the DL, goes the team. Our DL will be improved next year - we have some good DL in house, but they are just young and inexperienced. The LBs are good, but can be replaced moreso than a OL/DL. Scherff will be around next year, barring injury.

Little Caesars Pizza, Dec. 26 Big Ten vs. MAC Iowa vs. Bowling Green

Crap. Bowling Green looked good in their first game.

Could possibly help us extend the MAC losing streak to 4. Thank God Ball State came to town in 2010 and lost otherwise we would have a MAC losing streak that dates back to 2007.

Experienced QB, Dline more experienced and deeper, WR depth. CJF has not been significant yet so I am not sure its a huge loss, we have some younger talent at LB that has already seen snaps. Scherf is definitely a loss... but the one position we have shown we can replace is online.

I also believe recruiting has improved a little*last year and attrition has decreased a little. Along with likely an easier schedule.

I may be wrong in all of it, but those are my reasons to believe in a better year.

Latest posts