BTN plus

Honest question...Why would anyone in a residential setting need 1G? I'm at 75/10 and I can run multiple 4k feeds and stream anything else I need at the same time. I can download an entire movie in like 3 minutes.

I mean I get it that some people want an 800 horsepower car just because, and that they'll never take it over 85 MPH, but to me if you aren't doing a bunch of file transferring for a business use then anything over 100 is never even close to being tapped out.

It's the buying bigger is better mentality. Most people buy way too big of grills to, just in case they have that one get together every 5 years they may need all the space.

I just did a speed test from little Durant:

Ping ms =24
Download = 93.05 Mbps
Upload = 38.13 Mbps

Are these decent numbers?

Honest question...Why would anyone in a residential setting need 1G? I'm at 75/10 and I can run multiple 4k feeds and stream anything else I need at the same time. I can download an entire movie in like 3 minutes.

I mean I get it that some people want an 800 horsepower car just because, and that they'll never take it over 85 MPH, but to me if you aren't doing a bunch of file transferring for a business use then anything over 100 is never even close to being tapped out.
I have 1 Gig with Mediacom because of the data caps. If I didn't have it I would pay $80 a month more for going over the limit.

I have 1 Gig with Mediacom because of the data caps. If I didn't have it I would pay $80 a month more for going over the limit.

If you can get CenturyLink in your area

That is a better option

$60 a month 1 Gig for life

The difference between CenturyLink and Mediacom is Vast

Audio and VIdeo are much better

Mediacom is not a customer-friendly source

After a year they usually raise your internet price

They raised my price from $80 a month to $130 a month
I called them to get a lower rate and they offered $10 less,
I told them that I could get CenturyLink for $60 a month, total
price, tax included, For Life

They wouldn't give me a better price, so I called CenturyLink and
the next day they installed it

I have Youtube TV and Century Link and am very satisfied

That is a better option

It’s different for everyone. I would never use or recommend Century Link. If it rained in my neighborhood we lost internet for a week…moisture in the whatever that had to dry. Every situation is different.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t be with CL. But it’s not even an option for me. And when I canceled their service a few years ago they made Mediacom customer service look like saints.

That is a better option

I would if I could...
1636754508827.png

Next Tuesday I am FINALLY getting real internet speed. I live out in the country and the max I can get is 12 Mbps download and under a 1 upload and that's if I'm the only one at home and the neighbors are gone. They ran fiber in my area, I'll be getting 100 Mbps on Tuesday. I can't wait!

I just think it's stupid that BTN does that. Their main platform is in place to show live sports. The $ making live sports they have are football and hoops. They should be airing damn near every game they have the rights to. To have this on the side way of sticking people and making it inconveinent really sucks. Not to mention it not working very well with 2nd tier everything all the way down to the announcers is just just cheap.
Agree, sports like field hockey, track, and other sports are the ones to put on BTN+ and leave the football, basketball, some baseball and hockey on BTN. That's why people fought for BTN to get on the major carriers. Their stupid network shows instead of playing sports is stupid too. I would be nice if they could aim the content to the regions represented as well.

That is a better option

Century Link in Dubuque was terrible, lied about the price, wouldn't answer phone calls or e-mails until I dumped them. Then they finally explained the charges and other problems but I was past caring at that time. Course they demanded the balance of the contract I told them to suck it. They sent it to collection and I won every time I challenged it. I think they sent it to 3 different collection companies and all three sided with me. I finally stop replying. That's a bad business model. Hope they go out of business. I pay monopolyMediacom 92.00 a month for internet up from 65.00 I started at about 8 years ago. Unlimited streaming, service is very inconsistent.