BTN Network coverage of Spring practice

iowachief

I thought the BTN was covering Iowa but it shows Michigan in that time slot today. Does anyone know when its going to air?

it is only on Bigtennetwork.com as a live stream... It will cost you 8 bucks though. Big 10 network made a bunch of promises and now charging ridiculous $ to watch a spring game on your computer (I guess you can watch a months worth of womens lacrosse if you want)..... They got us by the NADS now.

Michigan and penn State get aired multiple times this weekend. Indiana is on once on sunday, so eventually Iowa should be on.

They aren't going to advertise when they will show it on air, they want you to pay 8 bucks to stream it. Iowa doesn't have a game so it isn't as marketable, but yet the B10 network airs hours of non-watched sports such as womens lacrosse and crap like that. They did the same thing during basketball season. I wrote the network about my displeasure....

You can do so too. Contact Us - Big Ten Network

Last edited:
Obviously this is just my feeling and I apologize in advance, but we are able to watch a spring scrimmage on the internet and we have to pay to see it. At least we have the option…

Honestly of all the things to be bothered by this seems low on the least.

Chad

Obviously this is just my feeling and I apologize in advance, but we are able to watch a spring scrimmage on the internet and we have to pay to see it. At least we have the option…

Chad

I just can't stand how the BTN double dips like that. People are ALREADY paying for the cable network. They shouldn't also have to pay for watching programming online. I know it's ESPN, but ESPN3 is free, and games that are a hell of a lot more important than the Iowa spring game are available on it.

Should of really not expected much more than this... Only in Iowa. I wanted to go as well, and I'm all for snow during the regular season but this is a bit on the extreme side.

Current conditions: Snow/Fog and a wind chill of 24.

Last edited:
I don't particularly like it, but the thing you need to remember is your $8 is going to be redistributed for the good of the conference.....I'm going to cancel my subscription right after the spring game and look at it as an $8 donation to a good cause.

One thing that does **** me off a bit: why does ever other team's spring game get re aired, but Iowa's doesn't?

Chad
Don't you find it ironic that you being bothered by someone else's pet peeve means you win the "pettiness" contest?

Anybody wonder if this has anything to do with Camp Kinnick privacy codes? Seems hard to believe this is only a BIG decision. Also, are other teams actually having a spring game?

Iowa has done a pretty good job of taking any fun or excitement out of their spring event.

Last edited:
Anybody wonder if this has anything to do with Camp Kinnick privacy codes? Seems hard to believe this is only a BIG decision. Also, are other teams actually having a spring game?

Some of them are, I think the same thing happened last year, because we dont have an actual game the BTN isnt too keen on covering a controlled practice hence the online streaming only.

Some of them are, I think the same thing happened last year, because we dont have an actual game the BTN isnt too keen on covering a controlled practice hence the online streaming only.

And I have to say I agree. I remember when the event was fun. Now, not so much. However, I am pretty sure it got changed due to injuries. So, I am willing to give up the spring event to keep the team healthy.

And I have to say I agree. I remember when the event was fun. Now, not so much. However, I am pretty sure it got changed due to injuries. So, I am willing to give up the spring event to keep the team healthy.

Yeah, Ferentz doesnt like having the guys go full contact which I agree with, better to be safe than sorry, especially with this team.

Latest posts