BTN dissing IA/Penn St as No storyline!

Another comment was that is was the two best defenses in the Big Ten going head to head so that wont be appealing. This is also why people talk down about the Big Ten. They would rather see a shootout in the south. I would rather see good defensive game than a slam dunk competition.

Hard to believe Iowa is so favored/expected to win against PSU that they are looking beyond this game, but that is the only thing that makes sense. The BT season hasn't even opened yet and this is the BTN-don't think the AZ loss has anything to do with this game being overlooked.
-Greg

Coach Mason wants everyone to know he had no part in this one...not kidding...he asked me twice in five minutes if I came back here to defend him...he is really funny. He was just telling me a story about his call in show at Minnesota. The Sid Hartman show...I doubled over laughing a few times

Living in the Twin Cities and occassionally tuning in sports talk radio on my drive home from work, Coach Mason does a call-in interview to the Dan Barero show on KFAN on occassion. While I didn't really think much of him as a coach, he's a great interview, is always funny, and gives a great perspective. Whenever he's on I listen- definitely my favorite segment of the show. He seems like a good guy.

I think it had more to do with what they thought of Penn State, not Iowa. I think they said something along the lines of Penn State possibly being a bottom half of the Big Ten team.

I felt this the case as well, however...trying not to be too bias, this is IOWA (defending BCS Orange Bowl Winner and conference runner-up) VS. PENN STATE (a perennially top 20 team/top tier Big Ten team)! Two great defenses...The proverbial "Smashmouth football" Big Ten style! After all, the Big Ten covers a lot of households who love this Big Ten style of play. How can our own network not be classifying this as the Big Ten game of the week? (Or is the BTN selling out since game is over on competing network).

Jon, do us proud tonight.

Latest posts