BTN coverage of the wrestling match...

The thing that makes me mad is that "due to time constraints" they cut out parts of some matches. I understand that they have to run commercials so no complaint there, but if you're going to cut out something, cut out a period where no scoring occurs, like the first period of the Dennis match. They cut out the entire first period and all but 8 seconds of the second period in the Marion match. They picked up that match with the score 3-0 Marion. That was the one match I was really looking forward to seeing.

i was thinking the exact same thing! just makes wrestling look bad....and the gibbons had some BAD interviews

Rankings way off when they had them up, cut away from live action multiple times to show some stupid stat, cut out the biggest upset for the big ten team, but they made sure to get the OSU kid flipping off the crowd so that wrestling looks even worse. Thanks Big Ten Network for all you do but if you are going to show events that are not live do a better job of editing them.

They also lost the score board for half a match...how can you not fix that in the 24 hours you have before you show it???? I dont think they really care about how the wrestling broadcasts look because the only people who will watch them are big enough fans that they will watch no matter what happens.

The thing that makes me mad is that "due to time constraints" they cut out parts of some matches. I understand that they have to run commercials so no complaint there, but if you're going to cut out something, cut out a period where no scoring occurs, like the first period of the Dennis match. They cut out the entire first period and all but 8 seconds of the second period in the Marion match. They picked up that match with the score 3-0 Marion. That was the one match I was really looking forward to seeing.

I was there and I'll tell you what I saw. Marion was the more aggressive and better conditioned wrestler...but IMO not the better wrestler of the two...or at the very least not the stronger of the two. Multiple times in that match Marion attempted to take the OSU kid to the ground but didn't have the strength. The only reason he was able to keep the kid from getting out on a couple of occasions was because the OSU kid was absolutely gassed. You probably saw after the match was over that he just laid on the mat for a few seconds...reminiscent to when Bubba Jenkins couldn't get off the mat after Metcalf whooped him in CHA a few years ago.

I'm not saying this like it's a bad thing...it's a tribute to the way Iowa wrestles that we can overcome physically superior athletes with determination and conditioning. Marion was the aggressor and wrestled the better match. If I've learned one thing after following wrestling a little closer over the last few years it is that when a guy gets gassed like that...it's not likely to be something that he can just work harder and turn around the next time around...it's mental and likely won't get fixed. I'm not even sure if Bubba even wrestled Metcalf again after that beatdown in Iowa City...IIRC he would be good to go the match before Iowa and good to go the match after Iowa...but hurt when it game time to wrestle Metcalf...maybe with the exception of the National Championships.

To make a long story short I liked what I saw from Marion...as opposed to Morningstar who has irked me to no end just as he seems to do every time I watch him.

Help my memory, who covered IA wrestling before? Other than IPTV? Did Gibbons do those as well?

I hate the edits, and what is up with showing the meet the next night at 10? You couldn't fit it in on Saturday night instead of those stupid basketball shows? I like the opportunities to see wrestling via the BTN network, but parts of their scthick are just frustrating.

Not an excuse, because I would much rather watch the wrestling live, but the BTN had a double header of basketball games late Saturday afternoon/night. Which, I am guessing is why the wrestling was shown on a tape delay.

I believe that Gibbons and Tim Johnson, along with Gable sometimes (just so he did not make too many Cyclone fans to angry) all did the IPTV coverages.

Latest posts