BTN broadcast stinks

tweeterhawk

The director in the truck has absolutely no clue how to produce this game. No clue. Cut-aways at the wrong time, missed Iowa first down pickup. Poor calls from the booth on ball spots.

waambulance.jpg

yeah these guys need some more time to practice. You can tell they don't know the players and don't know the game as well as some.

the announcers are clueless as well. one guy was freaking out when Roberson walked upbehind the right tackle to relay the play..." OMG, he's not under the center!! He is under the wrong guy!!!....oh good, he figured it out! That could have been ugly."

dumass

The director in the truck has absolutely no clue how to produce this game. No clue. Cut-aways at the wrong time, missed Iowa first down pickup. Poor calls from the booth on ball spots.

Not trying to call anyone out here but they also showed Keenan Davis running a route on the replay of McNutt's 80 yard TD.

You're surprised? The BTN is totally amateurish from top to bottom, and always has been.

No, it's actually a very good young network, with very competent studio personnel and decent live coverage.
Is teh BTN perfect? No. Are you, at your job?

I totally disagree with this post, at least these commentators know something about the players on the field unlike anything aired on espn. They actually show replays of penalties for both sides and they don't act like this is the first time they have seen any of the players. I don't have to listen to Pam Ward or that dbag from Ohio St Speilman. If we didn't have this network you wouldn't be watching the game today. Your all a bunch of whiners, can't you be grateful for anything???

I totally disagree with this post, at least these commentators know something about the players on the field unlike anything aired on espn. They actually show replays of penalties for both sides and they don't act like this is the first time they have seen any of the players. I don't have to listen to Pam Ward or that dbag from Ohio St Speilman. If we didn't have this network you wouldn't be watching the game today. Your all a bunch of whiners, can't you be grateful for anything???

Congrats, you're the first person I've heard of who thinks Speilman is bad as a color guy.

As for the BTN, I like today's broadcast team and the studio guys however the game production is poor IMO. They miss live plays coming out of comercial at least once a game, show replays that are not relevant to the game, first down line is absent occasionally, camera men have a difficult time following the action.

Overall it isn't to the level of ESPN. However to their credit no Pam Ward or Beth Moen (sp?) on play by play.

The Big Ten Network certainly isn't spending money to provide professionals that can do a game or edit a game. I've never seen anything as bad as this network. BUT they are happy to take your money and give you a horrible product. If you send them an email, you don't even get the courtesy of a reply...

The Hawks are on TV, so with that the BTN is good in my book.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I could give a crap less if the commentators are good or get the names of the players right, they and the production crew are going to screw up from time to time. most of the time I miss it because I'm not watching the game under a microscope.

The Big Ten Network certainly isn't spending money to provide professionals that can do a game or edit a game. I've never seen anything as bad as this network. BUT they are happy to take your money and give you a horrible product. If you send them an email, you don't even get the courtesy of a reply...

What the he11 is your problem today, old man?? You've been b!tching non-stop around here for about six hours. :mad:
Seriously, give it a rest and go walk around your friggen garden or something.
Sheesh, what a sourpuss.

I LOVE the BTN, in that since they were formed, I can't think of a game I've missed except for games at Iowa State. More with basketball even than football. I agree that their production leaves a lot to be desired. Mainly 2 things. Not showing the down and yards to go until often, within 10 seconds of the play, and not showing the play clock unless there's under about 8 seconds to go. Clock management is very important to the intelligent observer & you can't do that if you can't see the play clock. I got no answer, and have seen little improvement in those areas.

They are NOT good. I like the money. I like the access. But the broadcasts are about the worst college football broadcasts I have seen.

No, it's actually a very good young network, with very competent studio personnel and decent live coverage.
Is teh BTN perfect? No. Are you, at your job?

No, it's a very bad network, that offers nothing anyone wants to watch except live games, and even then it is terribly amateurish.

No one expects them to be perfect, but they are miles behind the competition. I'm not perfect at my job, but I also don't have another guy who does the exact same job but much more professionally than I do.