Bryce Cartwright Used Basketball to Escape Life on the Streets of Compton

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP0OaUOQGCg]Ice T - Colors - YouTube[/ame]

I read the title of this thread, and it really took me back to my childhood. I used posting anonymously on a message board to get off the streets of Compton. I had to go to the public library because we couldn't afford a computer, and the computer at the library only worked on the days the electricity wasn't shut off. When I wasn't doing that I was honing my skills at dice. I think that's why I'm so good at math now.

Love Bryce Cartwright. Another reason why we want to play in a post-season tournament - to give Bryce some more opportunities to play for the Hawks.

He was terrific against the Cornheads last night

Love Bryce Cartwright. Another reason why we want to play in a post-season tournament - to give Bryce some more opportunities to play for the Hawks.

He was terrific against the Cornheads last night

That is a good story and Bryce hit a huge 3 last night, but he was far from terrific against the Cornheads.....and I'll bet he would tell you the same.

"Saturday is Senior Day at Carver-Hawkeye Arena for Andrew Brommer, Matt Gatens and Bryce Cartwright."

Missed one.

So was it John Campbell asking the odd "gangs" questions in the presser the other week? That would make sense now.

Cartwright is the only athlete to ever play a sport from a rough neighborhood to stay off the rough streets they may be from.... Take a survey of the entire NFL NBA and see what percentage you get that give the same answer. I mean good for him, but not really uncommon.

whether you like the way he plays or if he met your standards for him this year, he is still a great hawk. He helped us big time last year after cully got hurt early and has had his ups and downs this year (mostly due to injuries). The guy is a success story and he deserves a huge ovation from the crowd.

Latest posts