Bruce Is In The Portal

Also, Nico has to know he isn't a real NFL prospect, pay him $200,000 plus an apartment and car lease to use his COVID year.

He gets to start a masters degree, and if he plays lights out maybe still get an NFL sniff afterwards.

Liestikow says there is one more WR and one RB departing for sure, won't release names before they announce.

Dang....not even Cade coming here is stopping the bleeding at some positions. Money also must be good at some of these other destinations.

Dang....not even Cade coming here is stopping the bleeding at some positions. Money also must be good at some of these other destinations.
I wouldn't call it bleeding at anywhere else than WR, and even then these guys aren't really world beaters.

Johnson hasn't really done anything and is hurt more often than not, and Bruce had 19 catches all year. Not saying they suck, but that kind of production can be made up for. They'll pull someone in from the portal at WR.

As far as RB, there's always attrition at that spot even before transferring and NIL were unrestricted.

I wouldn't call it bleeding at anywhere else than WR, and even then these guys aren't really world beaters.

Johnson hasn't really done anything and is hurt more often than not, and Bruce had 19 catches all year. Not saying they suck, but that kind of production can be made up for. They'll pull someone in from the portal at WR.

As far as RB, there's always attrition at that spot even before transferring and NIL were unrestricted.
I think you are ultimately right here.....doing some further reading this morning...it is entirely possible that these guys are also leaving because they know what may be coming in to replace them....I'm seeing rumors it is possible WRs from Alabama and Ohio St coming to Iowa that Cade is reaching out to.

If so....and take it a step further and we get a new OC.....Iowa may go from a dumpster of an offense to a respectable one.

With Keegan and Bruce I don't even think it's about money.
Yeah I don't either. Both didn't seem happy with the fit how they were being used and have places closer to home to go... If Keegan ends up anywhere other then Neb and Bruce anywhere but KSU I'll be surprised.

Both decent players that havent got to the next level and werent goin to at this point while at Iowa. The new norm wholesale changes every year. You either get on board as coaches or go 7-5 every year or worse here on out. Cade may need to bring a bunch of guys to correct this side of the ball.

Yeah I don't either. Both didn't seem happy with the fit how they were being used and have places closer to home to go... If Keegan ends up anywhere other then Neb and Bruce anywhere but KSU I'll be surprised.

Just curious, why are we assuming K-State is wanting Bruce? Honestly I'm thinking a MAC school is where he winds up.

Feels odd to think there are other P5 schools lining up to pick up pieces from an offense that finished 122nd in scoring.

I like both of those WR we are losing, and I don't think we really know how good they were. I am confident that we can find adequate replacements who can produce, but I am not confident that can happen if we run back the same system and architect next year.

I really want to know what is going on behind the scenes regarding addressing 2 straight years of offensive putridity. Because if it is just, "We are going to do the same thing, but work at it even harder," I will be going into the season very pessimistic.

To K-State apparently.
Question?? Any chance BIG $$ = Boosters gives Proctor money. Match other offers. Correcting a "situation" needs step forward.Qb great but Proctor? Grew up Hawk. PR value huge. But wish Proctor the best where he chooses. Best

Exactly.. Neither really did squat production wise. Both flashed potential sure. I would say their ceilings are higher then what they've been able to show. Johnson has to be able to stay healthy. Having a hammy keep him out almost all yr is pretty concerning. That may be a tough thing for him to overcome going forward who knows if it just keeps aggravating him.

With McNamara in the fold we'll get a Wr or two from the portal worth getting. Hell that Bama receiver is in the rumor mill hot and heavy I guess. Not to get hopes up or anything but any Bama WR that's been on scholarship is probably an athlete worth having. (so long as he's not a complete and total headcase that would be a locker room cancer)

RBs are constantly coming and going. So long as it's not Kaleb Johnson leaving I think we're good. Any of the others can pretty much leave and it really won't move the needle.

Pretty large gap between the success Jones had at Iowa compared to the success Bruce has had don't you think?
Yes, but Jones didn't set the world on fire as a WR at Iowa and is now first-team all Big10. Time will tell, Bruce may be closer to Tracy, but Tracy still got a Big10 scholarship at another school.

Latest posts