Bruce Davis Leaves Football Program

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
University of Iowa linebacker Bruce Davis has left the Hawkeye football team. Coach Kirk Ferentz made the announcement Monday. The senior from Cleveland, Ohio (Glenville HS) will graduate in December.

“Bruce Davis has decided to leave the football team, citing personal reasons for his decision,â€￾ said Ferentz. “Bruce was a part of three very specials football seasons. The coaching staff and I appreciate Bruce’s contributions over the past four-and-a-half years and wish him success in finishing his degree in December and beyond.â€￾
Davis recorded four assisted tackles while seeing action in each of Iowa’s first three games. Davis suffered a major injury in the Arizona game early in the 2010 season and missed the remainder of the season.

Iowa (2-1) plays its final non-conference game of the season Saturday, hosting ULM at 11 a.m. (BTN HD) in Kinnick Stadium. The game is sold out.

Is this because of lack of playing time? How do you go 4 and a half years and then quit? What happens if a injury occurs now?
I never liked quiters

Unless of course there is something going on in his life we do not know about. If so i am sorry. But if he quit just to quit i stand by my statement

Iowa is very thin at LB anyway...now this? We need Tyler to get healthy,and then pray we stay healthy the rest of the way.

Is he upset about lack of playing time? We did not play power downhill running teams yet this year and they would be his kind of opponents....like PSU,MSU and Wis...unfortunate. Can we get Marcus Collins and Quinton Alston ready? Poggi? Pryor?

Last edited:
Iowa is very thin at LB anyway...now this? We need Tyler to get healthy,and then pray we stay healthy the rest of the way.

Is he upset about lack of playing time? We did not play power downhill running teams yet this year and they would be his kind of opponents....like PSU,MSU and Wis...unfortunate. Can we get Marcus Collins and Rafer Alston ready?

Oh snap, was that a Skip 2 My Lou reference?

Is he upset about lack of playing time? We did not play power downhill running teams yet this year and they would be his kind of opponents....like PSU,MSU and Wis...unfortunate. Can we get Marcus Collins and Rafer Alston ready?

Skip 2 my lou?!

200px-Rafer_Alston.jpg

I think you mean Quinton Alston.

holy crap skip would look nice in the starting lineup this winter! herren is clean now, perhaps we can pick him up too.

I can't imagine quiting during the middle of my final season of college football. I hope if he really is leaving for personal reasons that it is nothing too serious.

Damn that stinks. Might we see more nickel now as slim as the depth at LB is getting? Get Bernstein Sleeper and Miller on the field. Bernstein as a rover would be kinda nice let him just fly to the ball and make plays kind of like a bob sanders.

Damn that stinks. Might we see more nickel now as slim as the depth at LB is getting? Get Bernstein Sleeper and Miller on the field. Bernstein as a rover would be kinda nice let him just fly to the ball and make plays kind of like a bob sanders.

No

Well, that sucks. Best to him.

Aside: First glance, I skipped over reading "Bruce" in this thread title and about had a heart attack. I can't imagine the meltdown if you had actually done that, JD.

He could plug the gap admirably but couldn't cover BEFORE the injury. I'll bet his wheels aren't up to the speed of the game and he's saying what's the point? Time to get on with my life, graduating in December.

Is this because of lack of playing time? How do you go 4 and a half years and then quit? What happens if a injury occurs now?
I never liked quiters

Never played a college sport eh? you cant blame a kid for wanting to have one normal semester of college before entering the real world. He worked hard for 4.5 years for us and lets leave it at that.

So now the question is who is the #3 mike backer who will move into the 2 deep?

Not liking this lack of depth at LB after 3 weeks......

Latest posts