Bruce Davis Leaves Football Program

Best of Luck to him. Leaving on good terms, you'll always be a hawkeye to me. Even though he was a scholarship player, its Just like Hundreds of walk-ons across the midwest that reach and fall on a long shot at playing for the team they love. Their just as much part of the program as everyone who is well known, that has the good fortune of success. More often times than not, it is the efforts of someone like Davis that push others and force them to live up to the Hype (signed James Morris). He will be missed.

He graduates in December. Even if injured, you are still a part of the TEAM. Only excuse is if there is a reason to leave school to be with ailing family or something. This sounds like sour grapes to me. Quitter.

He graduates in December. Even if injured, you are still a part of the TEAM. Only excuse is if there is a reason to leave school to be with ailing family or something. This sounds like sour grapes to me. Quitter.

the list could go on forever as to why he left. If it was pertinent that the public knew, then we would. But I like the AD/Ferentz play here by not calling out or labeling a student athlete as a quitter, this is just smart PR.

so basically........ZIP IT!

This isnt like going out for the high school track team and quittin. Think about how much time these guys put it.

Poggi? Is Getz still hurt?

Pretty sure Poggi had shoulder surgery in the off season and isn't expected to play this year and Getz is out for the year from the ISU game. Probably looking at getting Quinton Alston ready sooner rather than later.

Have any of the Glenville players made it all the way through the program? I can't think of any.

Damn that stinks. Might we see more nickel now as slim as the depth at LB is getting? Get Bernstein Sleeper and Miller on the field. Bernstein as a rover would be kinda nice let him just fly to the ball and make plays kind of like a bob sanders.

Bernstine is the next Troy Polamalulu. The dude is sick. In my dynasty on XBOX NCAA 12 I have used Bernstine's likeness as a rover like that and I control him. Dude gets about 3 bags, 2 picks and 7 tackles per game on average. I see no reason Bernstine isn't doing this now other than Norm holding him back.

Is it just me or do we lose more than our fair share of three and four year guys who struggle to crack the starting lineup.

Bernstine is the next Troy Polamalulu. The dude is sick. In my dynasty on XBOX NCAA 12 I have used Bernstine's likeness as a rover like that and I control him. Dude gets about 3 bags, 2 picks and 7 tackles per game on average. I see no reason Bernstine isn't doing this now other than Norm holding him back.

don't sell Bernstine short.

if norm blitzed more, Bernstine would be the next Eric Hutchinson.

Our depth at LB is very, very poor now.

Getz is out for the season.
Nielsen appears to have sprained ankle.
Our primary depth at LB now might just end up being a TR FR (Collins).

Is it just me or do we lose more than our fair share of three and four year guys who struggle to crack the starting lineup.

It came back to bite this program hard last year with Junior Cody Hundertmark leaving as he would have been starting at guard ahead of Josh Koeppel the last third of the season.

Lebron Daniel is a 5th year senior right now.

Derrick Smith, Arvell Nelson, Willie Lowe, Davis and now Lebron Daniel has lost his starting spot, I'd say the Glennville experiment hasn't turned out so well for the Iowa program.

Latest posts