Brought to you by the same guy who came up with The Safety Dance Idea

BSpringsteen

You may remember I came up with an incredible idea to play The Safety Dance when an opponent had the ball inside their own ten yard line. The entire student section could dance like they do in the video. It would have been incredible.

Well I have another idea. BIG TIME IDEA.

For every late afternoon or evening game, at the start of the 4th Qtr, the stadium lights go dark. My hit single, Dancing in the Dark is played in the Pitch Black while people go nuts. Some people may even take the moment to make love in the stadium.

So who do we call to get me the job as Executive Producer of Hawkeye gameday?

Clearly I am overqualified for the position, but because of my love for the hawks, I'll do it.

You may remember I came up with an incredible idea to play The Safety Dance when an opponent had the ball inside their own ten yard line. The entire student section could dance like they do in the video. It would have been incredible.

For every late afternoon or evening game, at the start of the 4th Qtr, the stadium lights go dark. My hit single, Dancing in the Dark is played in the Pitch Black while people go nuts. Some people may even take the moment to make love in the stadium.

Clearly I am overqualified for the position, but because of my love for the hawks, I'll do it.

Given how much I am not enthralled with your first idea SHOULD give you an idea of my feeling on this idea. Get the idea?

I don't know why this is struggling to gain traction. Jon, I was always under the impression that your crowd here was very intelligent, well refined, and the créme de la créme of the Hawkeye world. I can't be wrong about that too can I?

I'm telling you, cut the lights crank up the Boss and the place will go ape feces. APE FECES I TELL YOU.

YOU KNOW IT, I KNOW IT & VEGETABLE LASAGNA KNOWS IT!

I for one like the idea actually--that would be bad a$$---buuuuuuut i'm pretty sure the "safety" people would not allow it considering the risk of 70K + people in the dark....... is it even allowed by NCAA?

I'm sure the author of the post is probably being sarcastic, regardless it would be pretty cool but given the legal liabilites i'm pretty sure that would be a negative ghost ryder :D

I for one like the idea actually--that would be bad a$$---buuuuuuut i'm pretty sure the "safety" people would not allow it considering the risk of 70K + people in the dark....... is it even allowed by NCAA?

I'm sure the author of the post is probably being sarcastic, regardless it would be pretty cool but given the legal liabilites i'm pretty sure that would be a negative ghost ryder :D

Luckily for us, we have a legal expert on the board.

OK4P - can we get an opinion here?

Only if it still includes the Safety Dance wench. Speaking of which, she's always worth a gander:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII]Men Without Hats - Safety Dance [Official Video] - YouTube[/ame]

Personally, I'd like to see Hawkeye fans modify "owling" to become "Hawking" at football and basketball games.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_BmgczM2dA]OWLING is the new PLANKING - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know why this is struggling to gain traction. Jon, I was always under the impression that your crowd here was very intelligent, well refined, and the créme de la créme of the Hawkeye world.

Well, I CERTAINLY fit this description but can not believe this is the first I've heard of even your original idea - which is GEEENIUUUS! (snap, snap!)

On a side note ... is it a mandate that any sort of middle-ages renaissance scene include a midget minstrel. Makes me wonder if middle earth and the shire are for real legends.

Well, I CERTAINLY fit this description but can not believe this is the first I've heard of even your original idea - which is GEEENIUUUS! (snap, snap!)

On a side note ... is it a mandate that any sort of middle-ages renaissance scene include a midget minstrel. Makes me wonder if middle earth and the shire are for real legends.

I'm telling you, within one game, Iowa Football would be on the front page of ESPN for having some of the most intense noise building and hilarious audio/video programs in College Football.

Really, really, really, really dumb idea.

Let's see: Lights go dark. Old lady falls because she can't see. Breaks hip. Or worse. Dies in hospital from complications. U sued for 3 million.

Get the idea?

If you don't think that can happen, you are wrong. I work for a company that has probably defended 100 slip and fall cases. Most of those "accidents" happened in broad daylight with bright lights. I can't even imagine what would happen if people trip in the dark.

As the Russian boxer said in Rocky IV: "You vil lose"

Actually, based on these ideas, I think we should ship you to Siberia so you can replace Peggy as the new credit card service guy.

I do have to admit that the "card show" was predicted by many to be a disaster, and it was just the opposite: A tremendous success.

The Iowa fan base at these games is way above average in intelligence and ability

Even if this brilliant idea was attempted, I'm not sure the stadium lights would return to full brightness in time for the start of the fourth quarter. My understanding is that type of bulb takes several minutes to light and warm up. There may even be a shut-off timer that prevents them from being turned back on until they have cooled enough.

But I like the way you think. And either way we need the strumpet.

Bolded text made me chuckle. Nice work, 'Steen.

I gotta believe that midget might have been in the "Stonehenge" scene for "This Is Spinal Tap".

Mandolin? Check.

Midget? Check.

a bunch of big greezy iowans getting it on while the lights are out at the stadium, what's not to love...

Even if this brilliant idea was attempted, I'm not sure the stadium lights would return to full brightness in time for the start of the fourth quarter. My understanding is that type of bulb takes several minutes to light and warm up. There may even be a shut-off timer that prevents them from being turned back on until they have cooled enough.

But I like the way you think. And either way we need the strumpet.

Agreed, generally lights of this nature take quite awhile to warm up and get bright. So while not a terrible idea i'm not sure it's totally feasible, also I can see several boys copping feels, and wallets lifted, etc. but who knows.

Latest posts