Brinson?

I don't think anything has ever been solidly confirmed but some have claimed they have seen him in a boot nursing an injury of some sorts.

He is in a boot. Kirk confirmed it on Hawktalk last week. Said the ankle has been an issue for sometime now.

It's unfortunate.

As pleased with A-Rob and Wegher as I have been, I was looking forward to seeing how Brinson did this year. I hope we find a way to get all these guys the ball next year.

It is going to be hard to keep all of them around.

GO HAWKS

I thought I had heard someone say he played on Special Teams against Wisc. That could be wrong though, I would have to go back and watch the game again to be sure. Anyone else?

How is he being played, and is his status as tailback changed?
havn't heard much of him.

Per Kirk last week - Brinson has struggled with a high ankle sprain, and is now in a cast because he needed surgery on that ankle.

This was per TOS.

Not sure why people are still bringing up Brinson's name. A-Rob and Wegher have done very well for a red shirt freshman and true freshman. Brinson has missed a ton of time and will probably fall behind Hampton, Robinson, and Wegher for next year (that is if Jewel's rehab goes smoothly). I look for Brinson to be used in special teams next year.

Not sure why people are still bringing up Brinson's name. A-Rob and Wegher have done very well for a red shirt freshman and true freshman. Brinson has missed a ton of time and will probably fall behind Hampton, Robinson, and Wegher for next year (that is if Jewel's rehab goes smoothly). I look for Brinson to be used in special teams next year.

I agree with that before Wegher hurt his hand this week, I would guess if he couldn't go Paki would be the next guy in with ARob taking almost all of the snaps.

He did say that he has a good chance of playing this week. Even joked about him being in a cast!

Yeah, in today's presser Kirk said that the cast idea was a joke. He did hedge some on how he was actually doing--par for the course with our coaches, so we'll see.

On Brinson, Kirk said he was in a boot.

When you think about it...Iowa is dangerously close to duplicating the epic 2004 season in dipping into our rb depth...Shonn Greene? gone. Jewel? gone. Brinson? Gone. Wegher? possibly hurt. Walkon Adam Robinson...still standing. ARob is this years Sam Brownlee? Both Iowa prep walkons. Both could argubly be considered the #5 rb at the end of the prior year. If Shonn comes back,and everyone stays healthy,ARob is buried. Life is strange. ARob has stepped up and shone.

Just hope Jeff Brinson gets healthy eventually and is there just in case we need him.

Why does Brinson keep on getting brought up?

Well, it's because he WAS the heir apparent for the RB spot after Hampton went down. However, shortly thereafter Brinson had a major reinjury of his ankle ... and that then put him out.

Thus, you can anticipate that BOTH Hampton and Brinson will be BACK in the RB discussion for 2010! Obviously both Robinson and Wegher will be incumbents .... but that doesn't mean that they'll be a lock to hold down the spot. After all, look at what happened at Alabama ... in 2007, as a FR, Terry Grant had a very solid SR helping out the 'Bama RB situation when guys ahead of him were injured. Then, when 2008 rolled around, not only did Grant get supplanted by veteran runner, Glen Coffee .... but TR FR Mark Ingram also burst onto the scene and jumped ahead of Grant. As the Alabama situation proves ... you can NEVER have too much talent at RB!

Why does Brinson keep on getting brought up?

Well, it's because he WAS the heir apparent for the RB spot after Hampton went down. However, shortly thereafter Brinson had a major reinjury of his ankle ... and that then put him out.

Thus, you can anticipate that BOTH Hampton and Brinson will be BACK in the RB discussion for 2010! Obviously both Robinson and Wegher will be incumbents .... but that doesn't mean that they'll be a lock to hold down the spot. After all, look at what happened at Alabama ... in 2007, as a FR, Terry Grant had a very solid SR helping out the 'Bama RB situation when guys ahead of him were injured. Then, when 2008 rolled around, not only did Grant get supplanted by veteran runner, Glen Coffee .... but TR FR Mark Ingram also burst onto the scene and jumped ahead of Grant. As the Alabama situation proves ... you can NEVER have too much talent at RB!

YIPEEE!!!!!!! Homer is still with HN.

Glad to see you over here too.

Latest posts