Brian's last stand, Iowa vs Vols Game Thread

Played 3 ranked teams all year and scored 0 in each game. Playing such a weak schedule in the west division creates a false sense in the program and the athletic department.
Iowa is never as good as we think they are or the media thinks they are. Most of Iowa wins are against very poor football teams.
TBF this is true of the majority of ranked teams at any given time. Most teams aren't elite. We have a 13-1 team in the league this year that was not elite.

Played 3 ranked teams all year and scored 0 in each game. Playing such a weak schedule in the west division creates a false sense in the program and the athletic department.
Iowa is never as good as we think they are or the media thinks they are. Most of Iowa wins are against very poor football teams.
95-0

I'm going to go Kirby Smart on this.
The country needed to see this, Hawk fans need to figure out whan they want from this, and the direction they want to go.
I for one am actually happy that this shit show went down on New Years day!
You all know, even the Homer's and kool-aid drinking apologist know that this isn't getting fixed next year or the year after even with a new OC. This is going one way and one way only. And I do appreciate Kirk and what he has done for half my life but this isn't fucking football in today's landscape. I know it, you all know it, now what the fucks going to take to fix it? With the new conference starting next year you have seen the last of Iowa having a chance to compete for big championships in your near future . Besides entertainment value a day at the game with family and friends there isn't much more to it.

He's a true freshman. No sense in having him leave. Deacon should absolutely be thanked for his services and politely encouraged to hit the portal.
You are probably right, but remember, he played behind the worst QB I have ever seen in the Black and Gold. Regardless of KF‘s decision, maybe he was just stuck with two bad QB’s. The new OC’s first priority should be to completely rebuild the QB room. Next job: Rebuild our wide receivers room. And, replace the O line coach.

You are probably right, but remember, he played behind the worst QB I have ever seen in the Black and Gold. Regardless of KF‘s decision, maybe he was just stuck with two bad QB’s. The new OC’s first priority should be to completely rebuild the QB room. Next job: Rebuild our wide receivers room. And, replace the O line coach.

And everything you want will be dependent on Kirk. He has to see it.

Is are D really as good as you think? I don’t think so playing in the west division makes them look good. The talent difference is very obvious.
By all measures they are likely the top 2 or 3 defense in the country. Not just me, not just the schedule. Smarter analysts than you, or me, put them there. You don‘t know siccum about how to judge talent by watching a couple of games.

You really aren’t getting it. This wasn’t just not having a qb. That’s just the start. It’s a combination of a ton of things led by complete and total ineptitude from the coaches

When all the new conference start next year, all the teams in all leagues below the top two are really scrimmage games for the top dogs to build a resume and prepare for the playoffs. I'm pretty sure we can all pretty much fill out next year's playoff bracket right now with the teams that will be in it off the top of our heads and pretty much get it right before any of next seasons games start.

Oh, totally agree with all of this. I honestly might bump a full rebuild of the Receiver room above even the QB room. We might have the least talented receiver room in collegiate football. Note that I didn't say FBS. But there may not be any single person in football I trust to evaluate a QB less than KF. If KF just let the guy he thinks should be the backup at the start of each season start he might well have averaged close to an extra win per season over his career.

Talk is cheap, Garandx. Iowa has been a top rated D for years against all kind of competition. Just like all the other D’s in college football. We come out near the top.
You don’t have a clue. I’ve listed their games against top 20 opponents repeatedly in here and the defense gets exposed in nearly every case

It's a little early to be selling Marco. People have been screaming for mobility. Well, today we all finally got some mobility. It is not surprising that Marco entered the game throwing a little wild.

It is almost impossible to imagine Hill staying ahead of Lainz. Marco will have had plenty of time by next fall. Identifying the right receivers, hitting the right guys with catchable balls are skills that can be learned. That great running instinct is not.

Latest posts