Brian's last stand, Iowa vs Vols Game Thread

You don’t have a clue. I’ve listed their games against top 20 opponents repeatedly in here and the defense gets exposed in nearly every case
I agree, those stats are recorded against the competition of the Big west. Let me see the stats when half the schedule is against any of the top 18 teams from the ap 25.

Last edited:
I agree, those stats are recorded against the competition of the Big west. Let me the stats after playing the top 12 or 18 teams of the ap poll.
Agree. Iowa's D is very good, but not elite. Not enough quickness. Next year they will be exposed more with the addition of the quicker athletes from the PAC12.

However, without the D's toughness, Iowa would have been 3-10 instead of 10-3.

Serious Q: Does this blowout loss make it more or less likely the remaining players with stay or go decisions opt to return?

I respect and honor everyone's opinion on these forums, but this is a mess! There is not an easy fix. Not like the tank is empty and just add gas. We got plug problems. O2 sensor problems and fuel pump issues. All have to be addressed make the damn car run efficiently and effectively.

Kirk has done good at Iowa but I would like to see a new young coaching staff. I think the timing is right with the big ten changing next year.
Really at this point what we got to lose ? We are already the laughing stock of the college football.

I respect and honor everyone's opinion on these forums, but this is a mess! There is not an easy fix. Not like the tank is empty and just add gas. We got plug problems. O2 sensor problems and fuel pump issues. All have to be addressed make the damn car run efficiently and effectively.

If Kirk sees it…I think they will be fine moving forward. If he doesn’t, then you will have to decide to get a rebuilt motor or a new one altogether.

Kirk has done good at Iowa but I would like to see a new young coaching staff. I think the timing is right with the big ten changing next year.
I think what we need to realize though is in next year's landscape of football the bar is going to be set to high for any of the Iowa's. Really what we've gotten in the last twenty years is about all your going to get and have to get used too. I hope I'm wrong but there is another hundred and ten to fifteen teams going to have to be content with the same.

If Kirk sees it…I think they will be fine moving forward. If he doesn’t, then you will have to decide to get a rebuilt motor or a new altogether.

Please tell us you're being sarcastic with your first sentence. KF hasn't seen the light for years that is modern day college football.

Really at this point what we got to lose ? We are already the laughing stock of the college football.
You are right this is not a easy fix it took us years to get to this point & might take us years to get out of this mess . This didn’t happen overnight.

Goodness no way we give up on Marco. That first series was FUN. And as to the defense. Are people forgetting how we shut down Michigan’s offense? If I understood it right lowest yards in game in the harbough era. Any decent offensive production and we would have been in that game. This game sucked but no reason to tear down our successes or a kid who should have played more to develop. I am excited about next year. Probably not ten wins but hopefully more enjoyable to watch. Go hawks.

There were numerous times where the camera was focused on the Tennessee coach with his play list in his hand calling in the play. The few times they focused on BF it was after another disastrous series of downs. The contrast between the offenses furthered defined what a bad choice it was to hire BF as an offensive coordinator. The game was over before it started on several levels, but the coaching level was night and day. Josh Huepel forgot more than BF ever knew.

Next year starts a new era of college football in my estimation. The Expanded Conferences has made it harder for about 120 programs to ever win their conference championship. Iowa going into 2024/2025 isn't ready for the improved competition offensively. It appears that it has a lot of development to do with the players on offense. There is no way that Hill should be kept on scholarship and the offensive line has to improve. I hope they can get to 6 and 6.

Goodness no way we give up on Marco. That first series was FUN. And as to the defense. Are people forgetting how we shut down Michigan’s offense? If I understood it right lowest yards in game in the harbough era. Any decent offensive production and we would have been in that game. This game sucked but no reason to tear down our successes or a kid who should have played more to develop. I am excited about next year. Probably not ten wins but hopefully more enjoyable to watch. Go hawks.
We will see how Michigan does against Alabama…….

Latest posts