Brian’s F’s pre-game press conference

...which could be seen as a gutsy move by Brian. However, he had to know if he appeared, all the questions would be addressed to him -- which undercuts his repeated assertion during the presser that he was so disappointed and upset that all the attention had recently been on him instead of the players and their accomplishment. When I heard that, all I could think was "I don't know what the heck he's talking about -- until this moment nobody has been talking about him at all the past few weeks -- he's been old news for awhile." So it all seems disingenuous to me -- if he really wanted all the attention on the players, then don't show up for the presser and be a distraction.
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

He appears at the presser (which was for the offensive coordinator while most thought he wouldn't show), he's stealing attention away from the team. If he doesn't he's hiding and doesn't have the balls to show up and face the questions.

I understand that the guy can't do any right in some peoples minds.

I'm wondering if this is a bit of deception. I remember before the Holiday Bowl with USC, he was interviewed and he said something like, ' we like to run the ball, sometimes I think I'd like it if we ran the ball all the time'. And this is exactly what USC aimed to stop. And as it turned out they threw just as much as they ran...and threw the ball very effectively.

After thinking about it, inserting the freshmen, without any film or info, might be just the wrinkle they need. Wild cat, QB Draw, or just a boot or naked boot. Of course it won't happen a lot but I won't be surprised.
Im hoping this is a brilliant ruse by BF / KF.
Talk about playing Deacon and running the usual Iowa offense. But trot out Lainez passing and running all over the field for 400 yds TO.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

He appears at the presser (which was for the offensive coordinator while most thought he wouldn't show), he's stealing attention away from the team. If he doesn't he's hiding and doesn't have the balls to show up and face the questions.

I understand that the guy can't do any right in some peoples minds.
I know it could seem that way. But I don't know anyone who would have begrudged Brian if he didn't show up at the presser. I certainly wouldn't have criticized him.
If everyone -- including Brian -- felt it was so important to keep the focus on the players, once Brian decided he would do a presser, the UI should have scheduled a presser just for him, and another seperately for the players.
But it's pretty much BS for Brian to show up, then criticize the press for asking him honest, sensitive questions they haven't been able to ask him directly for 2 months.
Frankly, I think it's fine Brian showed up -- the UI Public Relations/Communications team simply shouldn't have allowed him to be in front of the media the same time as any players.

I know it could seem that way. But I don't know anyone who would have begrudged Brian if he didn't show up at the presser. I certainly wouldn't have criticized him.
If everyone -- including Brian -- felt it was so important to keep the focus on the players, once Brian decided he would do a presser, the UI should have scheduled a presser just for him, and another seperately for the players.
But it's pretty much BS for Brian to show up, then criticize the press for asking him honest, sensitive questions they haven't been able to ask him directly for 2 months.
Frankly, I think it's fine Brian showed up -- the UI Public Relations/Communications team simply shouldn't have allowed him to be in front of the media the same time as any players.
Again, yep, spot on, in reality he shouldn't have been allowed to coach out the season, extremely impressed with the players to accomplish what they did, considering that weight around their necks. It's not like, Iowa football would have been operating without an offensive genius. As I posted previously will not miss his ego, which is un-founded, other than existing in a family business promoted by Barta at a public University, skating the nepotism policies, good news those days are done, and I think father realizes there is a new sheriff in town. Oh, if your counting, t-minus 23 and a half hours until Brian's lift off from the Iowa program.

What greater mistakes could Marco make. Throw an interception in the endzone and then fumble on Iowa's 2?

Latest posts