Brian Ferentz Midseason Transcript

Reading the transcript, it's hard not to like him. He seems like a pretty self aware guy.

Last edited:
ferentz makes somewhere between 600 to 800 thousand dollars a year. I wonder how much money he would be making if he wasn't the son of kirk ferentz.

"the first thing we need to do is establish our run game with consistency..."

"What we need to do is establish the run game."

"So we need to get back to controlling the football. We need to get back to running it."

This seems stubborn and inflexible. I think a single-minded priority of 'establishing the run game' can be self-defeating.

I would prefer to hear:

We will take advantage of what the defense gives us.
If they play us to run - we will pass.
If they play us to pass - we will run.

"So we need to get back to controlling the football. We need to get back to running it."

This seems stubborn and inflexible. I think a single-minded priority of 'establishing the run game' can be self-defeating.

I would prefer to hear:

I agree with you scratch where it itches which I frankly think seems Brian's inclination and I felt encouraged about the Illinois game where we passed to set up the run. Do Brian's comments simply mean that the running game has to get better as it most certainly does? Whether Brian has Kirk's establish the running game first mentality or not doesn't seem all that set in stone to me.

I would prefer to hear:

I took that as a preference, not an absolute.

Latest posts