Brian Ferentz is still awful

Having had the benefit of watching and of course 20/20 hindsight. Just a few less free rushers and a couple tds vs. Fgs vs Mich and Wisc.... maybe not 5-0, but a West title, trip to Indy...yes.

An avg to above avg oline(interior oline) by Iowa standards, with this defense....

I dont know man. I would've taken 9-3 in a heartbeat prior to the season. That said, having watched them all.... the interior oline...thus the poor protection vs Mich, PSU and lack of running game...

Just missed by a couple pieces, a couple yards, a catch here and there, a td vs a fg just a few more times....

Having seen it all play out, it just feels like we were so close....

I'll happily take 10-3 with a bowl win and a top 15 finish. A West title, even with a loss to OSU, would have been awesome. It felt soooo close.

It was close. But the whole season was close. In the end it probably evened out.

Iowa was on the ropes against ISU, trailed most of the game, finally got the lead but KF did his best to blow it with clock management but ISU made a critical mistake late and it cost them.

Iowa was on the ropes vs Minnesota too. They were a dropped pass from one of the conference's best WRs away from pulling even with Iowa late.

Nebraska's beleaguered defense dominated Iowa for 3 quarters and all the momentum was on their side. Then the D got their second wind and somehow Nate pulled them out of the fire and 3 did what 3 does.

Its pretty crazy to think how incredibly close this team was to 11-1 or 12-0 but also how dangerously close they were to being 7-5 or 6-6.

Before the season we all expected growth from the players AND coaching.

We also expected teams like NW, and Purdue to be good and they flopped. We all knew UM and PSU would be tough games

It comes down to the experience and how we lost to them. Iowa looked so lost, so inept (1 TD against both teams) that any sort of offense and we win those games.

Those teams gave up plenty of points against lesser competition so why does Iowa coaching and scheme hold is back against the better teams ?

It held us back against every team honestly. So In hindsight this was a team that had a playoff level defense, but a lower conference level offense. So where we finished seems to make sense

As of right now, Phil's defense is ranked 13th in Total D & 5th in scoring D.
Brian's offense is ranked 98th in Total O & 101st in scoring O.

We lost by 7 to Michigan, by 5 to Penn St, & by 2 to Wisconsin.

One has to be a dipshit to not understand how we could easily be undefeated right now if Brian wasn't so damn incompetent.

To be honest, none of us really knew how good we would be this season after losing our best TE’s. I don’t think anyone had much hope about how our WR group would do considering it wasn’t a strength in the past. And who would of thought that our O-line would struggle so mightily? I think BF did a helluva job considering the personnel he had. Now next year’s schedule looks just daunting, but I feel better going into next year seeing what we will have to work with.

One has to be a dipshit to not understand how we could easily be undefeated right now if Brian wasn't so damn incompetent.

You think we should be 5-0 vs top 25 teams? If so, wow, that is stuff even the majority of National Champions never accomplished.

When you play 5 games that are all 50-50 games, the odds of winning them all is very, very small. You just want to select a few plays out of a few close games and act like it is simple to just flip the script on that and come away with the win like magic.

You think we should be 5-0 vs top 25 teams? If so, wow, that is stuff even the majority of National Champions never accomplished.

When you play 5 games that are all 50-50 games, the odds of winning them all is very, very small. You just want to select a few plays out of a few close games and act like it is simple to just flip the script on that and come away with the win like magic.

6 actually

I don’t feel like a dipshit.

14 points in 3 losses with the 85 rated offense in the country.

If we have the 55th rated offense we are 12-0.

Piss Poor play calling and stubbornness. Goodson is this good after we are eliminated and Sargeant was not worthy of time after we lose the West?

Ferentz head games.

Latest posts