Brian Ferentz is still awful

STLhawkeye20

Iowa was marching down the field with ease in the first quarter and then we took a timeout to prevent a delay of game penalty. The drive then stalled and we kicked a field goal to go up 17-3. Ever since the timeout, Iowa hasn't done SHIT on offense. The horrible decision to take the timeout and stop the rhythm completely took the wind out of the sales and the offense has stagnated since. The awful, bizarre call on the pick 6 (Stanley's fault), and pretty bad play calling overall on runs, passes, etc.

Well Nebby, has sent Iowa 3 and out for awhile now..I think Iowa ran 3 plays in the last 45 minutes. Now 2nd possession of 2nd half and we'll see if IOwa has an answer

Right now Iowa is gettign whipped.... still up 24-17 but two times with the ball and 2 3 and outs.

BF is an idiot. We have 17 yards since the first quarter. Should have stayed with Goodson running, not even let Nate throw. The pick 6 changed the game.

Its the end of 3rd quarter. Iowa has run 8 plays this half. I think brian hit his head on the ceiling. The O only produced 17 points so far. That's too much. That's the max. 17 yards of offense this half. They have to be cold and stiff....flip the script.

upside down turtle, getting pinned, pick your favorite expression.

Brian is a guy who has had a silver spoon shoved up his butt by daddy, and his dad paved his career from the Patriots to Iowa for him. Do you think Bill Belichik would have just hired Brian? No! Kirk picked up the phone and got Brian into the Patriots coaching staff and then to Iowa handing him the OC position when he clearly didn't have the experience for it and he's proving it all the time.

false start on 3 and 5 to go. 5th year senior jumps. this is not a 9 win team ...they run a draw to a slow running back . Now 4th and 6 going for it.

they let the clock run and have to call T/O twice in 4th quarter. Now 1 Time out in a tie game.

not looking like a 9 10 win team

Brian is a guy who has had a silver spoon shoved up his butt by daddy, and his dad paved his career from the Patriots to Iowa for him. Do you think Bill Belichik would have just hired Brian? No! Kirk picked up the phone and got Brian into the Patriots coaching staff and then to Iowa handing him the OC position when he clearly didn't have the experience for it and he's proving it all the time.
Exactly

He was also handed the OL of the year award with his daddy's connection to the Joe Moore familiy. #Fact

His mix of play calling is just terrible. It’s like he will never call a successful play more than a few times.
I was watching a Hawk game from the early 90s I believe and they ran a simple swing pass to the back for about 20 yards. Next play ran the same thing to the other side for over 20. Then inside the 5 yard line I don’t know how many times they ran the 2 back cross misdirection.
Hayden always said scratch where it itches, it seems like we BF is comfortable with the itch

we ran the PA boot a few times in the first half and were successful. Don’t think we saw it again until midway through the 4th quarter. Run that till they stop it. It essentially an extension of the run game anyway.

I am still confused to what he is trying to do from a scheme standpoint. A lot doesn’t seem to mesh and when it does it seems like it gets abandoned

Iowa was marching down the field with ease in the first quarter and then we took a timeout to prevent a delay of game penalty. The drive then stalled and we kicked a field goal to go up 17-3. Ever since the timeout, Iowa hasn't done SHIT on offense. The horrible decision to take the timeout and stop the rhythm completely took the wind out of the sales and the offense has stagnated since. The awful, bizarre call on the pick 6 (Stanley's fault), and pretty bad play calling overall on runs, passes, etc.

let's not forget that that was right after matt millen said iowa was dominating the LOS and then stanley gets 4 yards on a qb sneak. we gained roughly 50 yards of offense in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th qtrs, total, until the last drive.

Latest posts