Brian Ferentz bolting to coach with O'brien for Houston Texans?

ottoman89

I'm hearing @HoustonTexans already have strong candidate for new o-line coach that may be done deal: Brian Ferentz from University of Iowa

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez

Very very upsetting to be if true. I've always thought Brian was next in line for OC and a STRONG player favorite.

I'm hearing @HoustonTexans already have strong candidate for new o-line coach that may be done deal: Brian Ferentz from University of Iowa

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez

Very very upsetting to be if true. I've always thought Brian was next in line for OC and a STRONG player favorite.

It's a loss if true but seems to me that Brian's offensive ideas and what he wants to do doesn't exactly jive with KF's vision. KF is who he is, he isn't going to all the sudden start running something completely different from what we've seen for the past 15 years. If anything, he's gotten more conservative as time has gone on.

And that's exactly why we won't get these big time athletes.. the talent isn't shown in something as bland as our schemes.

damn if true. BF seemed like he was a great recruiter. i'm just going to go ahead and blame this on Greg Davis too.

how ****** would people get if that happened?!?!

very but it's not going to happen. People seem to think Brian wasn't qualified to be the o-line coach. He was, and obviously O'Brien feels so as well.

Also as a recruiter, who has Brian got to commit that Iowa wouldn't have gotten with someone else recruiting them?

This would be a bad hit to the coaching staff, I hope it isn't true. I was looking forward to Brian being a coach at Iowa for a long time.

This stinks, I really wanted Brian to take over as OC. The next time he will be back in the college game is as a head coach. This is great move for Brian professionally though.

Meh. Not really impressed with his recruiting and the OL underwhelmed at times this year. I think there are hundreds of candidates at least as qualified as BF. Do u really think dad had no part to play in his hiring?

Non-event here. Reese takes the OL back and Jim Reid takes over the DL. It's all good. I can imagine though that BF was a good recruiter...energy, background (New England), and passion.

Meh. Not really impressed with his recruiting and the OL underwhelmed at times this year. I think there are hundreds of candidates at least as qualified as BF. Do u really think dad had no part to play in his hiring?

Yeah, Brian needed daddy to land this job......never mind the fact that those two worked together at the Pats, so he's got a good idea on how good Brian is or isn't.

But sure, a new NFL head coach is just gonna hire a kid of some college football head coach as a favor.....DERP.

If his last name wasn't Ferentz, most fans probably wouldn't care.

I am as big a fan of Kirk as anyone, and respect Brian....a lot of people on this board are hoping Brian will take over for Kirk...I believe that would be a mistake. If he wants to be a head coach someday, he needs to go out and build up his resume, and not get the job because of who his daddy is.

If he really is leaving, I wish him the best.

Yeah, Brian needed daddy to land this job......never mind the fact that those two worked together at the Pats, so he's got a good idea on how good Brian is or isn't.

But sure, a new NFL head coach is just gonna hire a kid of some college football head coach as a favor.....DERP.

Never said he was no good. I have no idea what his role was with the Pats. Do you? He wasn't a position coach and didn't coordinate. So maybe a scout? If so, prior to being hired as Iowas OL coach , his resume included playing college football and scouting for a NFL team. I stand by my statement that Iowa can find hundreds of better qualified candidates.

Latest posts