Brewster news swirling

You say you never thought is was likely but claim he was on the HOT SEAT to be fired. Was it because of the fans that caused you to think he was on the HOT SEAT?

By likely, I mean a better chance than not to get fired. I don't think that was the case. That doesn't mean he wasn't on the hot seat. The .500 record wasn't helping him, but the main bullets being fired were about the criminal activity.

The bottomline is this 340. KF was not even remotely close to being on the HOT SEAT by the people that mattered.
That is what your missing.

And again claiming that there was a 10-15% chance of him being fired at the end of 2008. You couldn't be more wrong.

Again, how the hell do you know this? Do you work for the athletic dept.? Are you neighbors with Barta? For crying out loud, the Press-Citizen (or the Gazette?) was sueing the school over open records. Do you think that Sally Mason or Barta was going to stand by KF if the football team put out another rap sheet like we saw from 06-07? What if there was there were off-field problems and a losing record to boot? KF and team responded beautifully in 2008, but going into the season, there were storm clouds about.

Just because fans were upset in 2007 that they weren't going bowling and Iowa snapped a 6 straight bowl appearance streak. Isn't reason to fire a coach. Sure I was disappointed but KF job wasn't something I was calling for.

I completely agree with this and commend you for not be a part of the clan of idiots out there at the time.

Again, how the hell do you know this? Do you work for the athletic dept.? Are you neighbors with Barta? For crying out loud, the Press-Citizen (or the Gazette?) was sueing the school over open records. Do you think that Sally Mason or Barta was going to stand by KF if the football team put out another rap sheet like we saw from 06-07? What if there was there were off-field problems and a losing record to boot? KF and team responded beautifully in 2008, but going into the season, there were storm clouds about.
QUOTE]
Unless you've been living under a box or underground, everyone at the University know what type of man KF is. That wasn't a representation of the type of program he runs. You need to give it a rest 340. The only storm clouds are the ones your creating.

QUOTE]
Unless you've been living under a box or underground, everyone at the University know what type of man KF is. That wasn't a representation of the type of program he runs. You need to give it a rest 340. The only storm clouds are the ones your creating.

Okay, so your answer is "trust me, I'm right". I don't think I can just go along with that.

Okay, so your answer is "trust me, I'm right". I don't think I can just go along with that.

Fair enough. I can live with that. Don't go along with it and continue to listen to the fans and the media.

All I will say is this KF will leave on his terms. Negativity happens when your in charge of that many individuals. It's the nature of the beast and will continue, sadly it will. KF is a leader and runs his program with integrity. He is now and was back then a huge asset to this University. He wasn't going anywhere.

Fair enough. I can live with that. Don't go along with it and continue to listen to the fans and the media.

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that you're viewing the pre-2008 situation with lenses colored by the last two wonderful years. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. As for the last line, I don't need other fans or media to help me form an opinion, but thanks for the attempt of a parting shot.

All I will say is this KF will leave on his terms. Negativity happens when your in charge of that many individuals. It's the nature of the beast and will continue, sadly it will. KF is a leader and runs his program with integrity. He is now and was back then a huge asset to this University. He wasn't going anywhere.

I hope you're right and I agree that he's always been a great asset for the University.

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that you're viewing the pre-2008 situation with lenses colored by the last two wonderful years. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. As for the last line, I don't need other fans or media to help me form an opinion, but thanks for the attempt of a parting shot.
QUOTE]

Lenses colored by the last two wonderful years. hahahaha. Guess you missed out on watching the rise of a program or glossed over the 5 years prior to 2006 and 2007.

Seriously no logical person felt that KF was in any type of trouble. That IMO is laughable to think he was on the hot seat.

QUOTE]

Lenses colored by the last two wonderful years. hahahaha. Guess you missed out on watching the rise of a program or glossed over the 5 years prior to 2006 and 2007.

Seriously no logical person felt that KF was in any type of trouble. That IMO is laughable to think he was on the hot seat.

Well, now I'm thinking you're either a troll or a moron. Here, I'll break my statement down so you can understand...

The interval in time we're talking about was Dec. 2007 through Oct. 2008... it's currently Oct. 2010.... the stuff that happened between Oct. 2008 and Oct. 2010 is affecting your memory of the time we're talking about.

Also, here's some logic for you... to make an arguement, you develop premises and then form conclusions. You seem to want to jump straight to the conclusions part based on "whatever I think, must be right". I get that you conclude that there wasn't even a remote chance of KF getting fired, but you gotta come with something better than "this is what Barta was thinking, because I said so."

That simply is not true, Do a google search and you will find a lot of this - "It's hardly a secret that Ferentz has been on every hot-seat list from coast to coast and in all four corners of the Internet."

It makes me want to puke now thinking back on it but I remember the "Who's our next coach" posts being put on Miller's old site and yes Lane Kiffen's name was out there. How close Kirk came to losing support of the major boosters and the administration will never be known but in rest of the eyes of the college football world Ferentz definitely was on the hot seat.

Wellllll....Iowa really can't throw stones here @ Minney re: Mason.

We had our own "Mason" and his name was Tom Davis.

That simply is not true, Do a google search and you will find a lot of this - "It's hardly a secret that Ferentz has been on every hot-seat list from coast to coast and in all four corners of the Internet."

It makes me want to puke now thinking back on it but I remember the "Who's our next coach" posts being put on Miller's old site and yes Lane Kiffen's name was out there. How close Kirk came to losing support of the major boosters and the administration will never be known but in rest of the eyes of the college football world Ferentz definitely was on the hot seat.

"In the eyes of the college football world" does not necessarily equal anyone in a position of authority at UI ever considering firing him.

"In the eyes of the college football world" does not necessarily equal anyone in a position of authority at UI ever considering firing him.

That's not my quote. Go back and read my post (slower this time?) and you will see that I deliberately made that distinction by including the word "rest".

That's not my quote. Go back and read my post (slower this time?) and you will see that I deliberately made that distinction by including the word "rest".

1. "In the rest of they eyes....." doesn't really make any sense.
2. It doesn't change the meaning.

So you really want a p*ssing match over this? Okay, I'll spell it out for you, just make sure and read it real slow.
rest 2 (r
ebreve.gif
st)
n. 1. The part that is left over after something has been removed; remainder.
2. That or those remaining: The beginning was boring, but the rest was interesting. The rest are arriving later.

My original post said
1. None of us know for for sure how close (or not close) Kirk was to losing support of the administration/boosters and thus being on the hot seat coming off the '06-'07 seasons.
2. But the "rest" (i.e. remainder) of the college football world (talking heads, internet sites, message boards, etc) definitely considered Ferentz to be on the hot seat.
3. Not only do I recall seeing said hot seat sentiment on Miller's old site, google it and see how many damn hits you'll see talking about Ferentz being on the hot seat.

Kirk was NEVER on the hot seat where it mattered. The media and some fans certainly implied he was, however, he was never in jeopardy of losing his job.

Well, now I'm thinking you're either a troll or a moron. Here, I'll break my statement down so you can understand...

The interval in time we're talking about was Dec. 2007 through Oct. 2008... it's currently Oct. 2010.... the stuff that happened between Oct. 2008 and Oct. 2010 is affecting your memory of the time we're talking about.

Also, here's some logic for you... to make an arguement, you develop premises and then form conclusions. You seem to want to jump straight to the conclusions part based on "whatever I think, must be right". I get that you conclude that there wasn't even a remote chance of KF getting fired, but you gotta come with something better than "this is what Barta was thinking, because I said so."

My mind isn't clouded by what is happening now. My mind is very clear with what KF has done during his entire time at Iowa. Not going to continue with this dribble you keep spewing because of what was written by media and or by what fans were posting on the internet.

Latest posts