Brents in the transfer portal

How much you want to bet Scott Frost is hitting his phone up. Ezra Miller and Oliver Martin...etc.

I don't like that kids can transfer so easily inside the conference. There is alot of knowledge accumulated over a few years...then, next thing you know, Oliver Martin is wearing that shit red and bragging about sellouts in a stadium and that they have won 2 Nattys.

Right, but my point is that every team is going to have to deal with 8-10 transfers a year now. It’s just part of the game.

Recruits are going to go where the playing time is and we can’t stop it, so we should be in the portal trying to pick kids up. Free agency in college is here to stay.

We’ll have the same thing at QB next spring. Either Hogan or Padilla (or both) will be gone. It’s just facts of life that you have to face as P5 coaches now.
At least our transfers IN have been of higher quality recently.

Hed likely start or be starting nickel next year. doesnt make much sense
Unless there's an underclassman beating him in practice. Coaches aren't shy about letting players know who's in front. There are plenty of times in the past where a junior or senior has been a #2 on the depth chart one year and gets replaced by an underclassman the next.

I seem to remember his number being called for having committed penalties on special teams multiple times the last few games. Maybe he's been called out a few times for those? I don't have a problem with him transfering I just wonder about the timing. 2 games to go why not stick it out? He's not suiting up for someone else this yr so unless there was some beef with coaches I don't quite get it.

If nothing else he provided depth at a position you can't seem to have too much of. So this sucks in the short term....

I wasn't shocked at all by this. The writing was on the wall - highly rated recruit that struggles to break into the starting line-up. I've worried about Jacobs for similar reasons, but I really hope he sticks it out and works his way onto the field. As Fryowa pointed out, transferring is now the nature of the beast, and teams are simply going to have to adapt.

The tweet implies some mental health issues. If that's the case, I wish him nothing but the best. Perhaps he simply needs to be closer to home.

Unless there's an underclassman beating him in practice. Coaches aren't shy about letting players know who's in front. There are plenty of times in the past where a junior or senior has been a #2 on the depth chart one year and gets replaced by an underclassman the next.

Coaches setting up position battles using direct and clear language and messages and setting up battles for playing time are THEE most direct form of motivation for highly motivated athletes, business people, career people.

That is why I dont go for all the yelling and screaming at players in practice but instead pull them aside tell them they made a mistake and how to correct and let them watch from the sidelines for awhile to get the message.

I wasn't shocked at all by this. The writing was on the wall - highly rated recruit that struggles to break into the starting line-up. I've worried about Jacobs for similar reasons, but I really hope he sticks it out and works his way onto the field. As Fryowa pointed out, transferring is now the nature of the beast, and teams are simply going to have to adapt.

The tweet implies some mental health issues. If that's the case, I wish him nothing but the best. Perhaps he simply needs to be closer to home.

I hear ya re: Jacobs. I really think the best possible solution is Campbell to DE (something that the DL coaches like but Wallace is resisting) and Jacobs/Benson as the future at LB.

It is always a tough sell to get someone used to playing in space to put their hand on the ground, but man he could be a beast at DE, and he would boost his pro earning potential. The way has been paved by Kampman and Roth, it might be time to Campbell to head down that path.

Latest posts