Brents in the transfer portal

Probably tied to Terry Roberts ascension (he has gotten lots of praise, lately). And Brents committed another special teams penalty on Saturday (at least his 4th of the season?), probably resulted in some butt-chewing that he did not enjoy.

I wonder if this influences Keegan Johnson's future position. That dude is along the mold of a Desmond King or Micah Hyde. It seems as though the Hawks envision him as a WR, but he is exactly that type that Phil Parker turns into a B1G DB of the year.

Probably tied to Terry Roberts ascension (he has gotten lots of praise, lately). And Brents committed another special teams penalty on Saturday (at least his 4th of the season?), probably resulted in some butt-chewing that he did not enjoy.
Terry Roberts is churning....burning....and earning on special teams. That there fellas is how you earn a spot. Snappin' necks and cashing checks

I assume he is done playing this year, which is a setback if for some reason he is needed due to injury. He was in the 2-deeps. I will wish him the best but would rather have him stay and be a starter next year.

Terry Roberts is churning....burning....and earning on special teams. That there fellas is how you earn a spot. Snappin' necks and cashing checks

Yep. You can usually predict a year out when Iowa is gonna have a pretty good back 7 the following year because the ST play is really good. This feels like it might be one of those years where we'll get some pleasant surprises next year.

Hell...both corners are likely back next year...Belton, Merriweather, Koerner and Roberts are all playing well. He has a tough road to break into major playing time...unless an injury provides the opportunity. You can't blame these kids...I'd do the same thing.

I assume he is done playing this year, which is a setback if for some reason he is needed due to injury. He was in the 2-deeps. I will wish him the best but would rather have him stay and be a starter next year.
Pretty sure he knows he wasn’t going to be a starter or he wouldn’t be leaving.

This isn’t a surprise. Roberts coming up and Brent’s is about to become a victim of the depth chart. It literally happens 8-10 times a year to any major football team.
Our depth is starting to get a little short in the defensive backfield.

Pretty sure he knows he wasn’t going to be a starter or he wouldn’t be leaving.
Moss is back next year, Hankins is gone. Roberts (and Brents) probably know who is ahead at this point as Hankins replacement. Would just like to see the kid stay and compete. And with injuries he could be starting anyway.

Brents had some nice moments as a true freshman, particularly vs Minnesota and Indiana, but the injury really set him back last year. Must be talent coming, Roberts and others.

Our depth is starting to get a little short in the defensive backfield.
Right, but my point is that every team is going to have to deal with 8-10 transfers a year now. It’s just part of the game.

Recruits are going to go where the playing time is and we can’t stop it, so we should be in the portal trying to pick kids up. Free agency in college is here to stay.

We’ll have the same thing at QB next spring. Either Hogan or Padilla (or both) will be gone. It’s just facts of life that you have to face as P5 coaches now.

Good teams will bleed decent players out the back end, just the nature of the beast in today's game with the transfer portal.

Remember when it used to be a bigger deal? So much higher level talent these days. Attrition isn't as deadly these days

It will be an interesting year as it doesn't count against eligibility. Do you have some conversations with kids about pushing them out the door? New Kids coming in. Some kids staying another year? Interesting times.