Brendan Sullivan

Teddy

Sullivan's numbers are better than anyone on the Iowa roster, and he's pretty mobile. Certainly a very good insurance policy should Marco falter as a starter. Cade is very unreliable, as his last two seasons have shown. A guy has to play to contribute anything.

What are the thoughts on Brendan Sullivan?

I mean if he's the best we could get I wouldn't turn him down... Our options are kinda limited. Now if you're him do you come here? He's probably looking to start and there's no guarantee he'd start for us right away. I'd like to think he'd be able to compete for it with Cade but knowing how KF is... I wonder what other options he'll consider. I have no clue where he's from or anything about him beyond his stats from last yr I'd seen.

Sullivan's numbers are better than anyone on the Iowa roster, and he's pretty mobile. Certainly a very good insurance policy should Marco falter as a starter. Cade is very unreliable, as his last two seasons have shown. A guy has to play to contribute anything.

What are the thoughts on Brendan Sullivan?

I'm not sure why you would presume he'd just be Marco's backup. I think they would allow him to come in and compete for the job, or at least backup behind Cade as great insurance. Lower leg/knee issues have a high % of recurring, unfortunately.

Iowa will bring in a QB nobody knows but Lester. Doubt any big name comes into compete for a backup position. Either a player with one year left or a kid with upside.

Iowa could do something kinda funny.. There's a QB from Utah St in the portal Cooper Legas with 1 yr to play. Lost his shot to play there to Petras I'm guessing... That'd be the most KF thing ever to do just about...

Their really aren't many names in portal that are even recognizable to me as I scrolled through it. Sullivan and Luke Nickel from MSU are the only names I've even seen before. Been kinda quiet on that front the last couple days. As we approach the 30th it'll be interesting who all else jumps in or not. Guys can take longer to commit after that but they gotta be in before then if I'm right

Iowa almost has to bring in a portal QB just for reps and numbers. Especially given CM injury history. Whoever comes in will be competing for the back up position against Lainez. CM is the QB1 if he is healthy, which he likely will be by Summer. Whether he stays that way is another question. Behind him should be an open competition for the backup role.

Regardless of who they bring in, would love to see some package read option and gadget stuff for Lainez. He has ahtleticism and might as well use it.

I'm not sure why you would presume he'd just be Marco's backup. I think they would allow him to come in and compete for the job, or at least backup behind Cade as great insurance. Lower leg/knee issues have a high % of recurring, unfortunately.
I was just thinking exposure to the offense would give Marco the advantage. I would be thrilled to have a guy like Sullivan with successful Big Ten starts under his belt. I am in the buy mode for Marco. Marcos's strengths, very good mobility and throwing on the run seem to be precisely what Lester's new offense needs to gain maximum benefit from the offense.

I can see that implication-bad writing by me. No, I would like to see Sullivan push every other QB. I probably just assumed Marco has a leg up in knowledge of the system. That might be an insignificant advantage since Marco only has one more spring in this offense.

For the record, I'm for any portal QB that can push Cade, still not counting on him. It's been 8 months without Cade since the last season-ending no contact injury. Cade hasn't returned to anything like normal practice and still can't run or move. I'm not confident he will be ready for Game 1, or frankly ever again. I see QB as the highest priority in this off-season. So, I hope they bring in a possible starter. Sullivan could be that starter-hard to overlook the completion numbers and I recall him as somewhat mobile, and his highlights show some very nice runs and an ability to throw on the run. That seems like a starter in a Tim Lester offense.

Good catch. I think I was more comfortable with the existing player. Now having looked at video I just fell into the confirmation bias fallacy like a Kelce into a chili pool.​

Any update on Brendan? I've seen some posts he's coming here but no remotely official news on it. Am I correct in assuming anything at this point remains greatly speculative?

Latest posts