Breakout star of the year that you didn't see coming . . .

homes

Derrick Mitchell. Daniels and Canzeri can't stay healthy. Mitchell will get carries and we'll go - why wasn't he playing earlier?

Derrick Mitchell. Daniels and Canzeri can't stay healthy. Mitchell will get carries and we'll go - why wasn't he playing earlier?

This could be a good call. DM showed a lot in the spring game highlights that I saw of him. If Daniels can't stay healthy, DM takes that spot and JC remains the change of pace guy. If JC can't stay healthy, we'll see Akrum. Then, let's wait to hear what Graham does. I think he could be a year one starter.

My pick, though, would be Jay Scheel. I just think he showed ability in spring game to break it at any time.

Last edited:
My hope is that come MId-October, there are 2 or 3 names being tossed around. Scheel, Mitchell, a defensive lineman or LB, some unknown that nobody saw coming, and then closing comments about C.J. with the note..."but we all thought he could be great".

I am hoping its sunshine. That would bold well for the entire offense. He hasn't played enough to say he is going to be really good it is just something everyone is hoping for.

Adrian Falconer. thin depth at WR will let him get some reps and he will prove he is worthy.

More than that, I really like to say his name and these are the kinds of names that are in the NFL.

Years down the road, I could see me drafting him in my FF League in the 7th round. "I'll take Adrian Falconer!"

When Turbo comes in he will surprise some people and make an impact. I see him getting a few sacks and tackles for loss.

Turbo is #61 defensive tackle Kyle Terlouw. He is a junior college transfer, and is currently listed #2 on the depth chart. Iowa rotates the defensive line a lot so he will get his chances, and I think he will make the most of them.

George Kittle. May need to find another TE to contribute since Duzey is injured. He's kind of a freak athlete with some deceptive speed.

Yes, I think Andrew Stone will contribute more this year too. He is still in the race for playing time at WR. He was injured this spring, but now he is making up for lost ground.

Turbo is #61 defensive tackle Kyle Terlouw. He is a junior college transfer, and is currently listed #2 on the depth chart. Iowa rotates the defensive line a lot so he will get his chances, and I think he will make the most of them.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep eye on him.

George Kittle. May need to find another TE to contribute since Duzey is injured. He's kind of a freak athlete with some deceptive speed.

I'll concur with Melrose, here. Kittle is a heckuva athlete, who is going to make plays for Iowa, this season.

Also, I think DMX, Scheel, Jewell and hopefully Bower and Niemann come up BIG.

Latest posts