BREAKING NEWS

northendzone1

No one in the athletic department owes anyone any explanation at any time.

There is no obligation for any coach/player/trainer/equipment mgr etc to ever inform the general public every detail from within the program.

KF protects his players/staff/university by not perpetuating rumors until all the FACTS are out. He's not playing a game, he's doing what he is supposed to be doing by not addressing them until he really knows what's going on. Things happen quickly and he has a lot more on his plate.

I don't care if you're Randy Peterson, Jon Miller or Peter King for that matter, some things do not need to leave the athletic facilities etc.

Sure, we're interested and it can be news in our state but I don't get why everyone expects to know every details especially when HIPPA, student privacy etc could be at stake.

Support the guys who end up on the field Friday night, don't waste too much of your lives worrying about things that obviously require some additional time. KF doesn't owe anyone an explanation that isn't directly involved with the program.

Someone should tape record this and then strap headphones on to Clevehawk4 and put it on repeat. :)

There is no obligation for any coach/player/trainer/equipment mgr etc to ever inform the general public every detail from within the program.

KF protects his players/staff/university by not perpetuating rumors until all the FACTS are out. He's not playing a game, he's doing what he is supposed to be doing by not addressing them until he really knows what's going on. Things happen quickly and he has a lot more on his plate.

I don't care if you're Randy Peterson, Jon Miller or Peter King for that matter, some things do not need to leave the athletic facilities etc.

Sure, we're interested and it can be news in our state but I don't get why everyone expects to know every details especially when HIPPA, student privacy etc could be at stake.

Support the guys who end up on the field Friday night, don't waste too much of your lives worrying about things that obviously require some additional time. KF doesn't owe anyone an explanation that isn't directly involved with the program.

Respectfully disagree. I paid to go to school there, i donate to the school and i pay for season tickets every year. As a shareholder so to speak, i think i have the right to ask questions.

Respectfully disagree. I paid to go to school there, i donate to the school and i pay for season tickets every year. As a shareholder so to speak, i think i have the right to ask questions.

you pay to go to school there, you get a degree, not inside information to the inner workings of the athletic department. I suppose as a "shareholder" you can feel entitled to ask all the questions you want, but is there an agreement somewhere that you signed with the university that gives you the privilege of knowing everything. Also posting anonymously on a message board is not the same as a "shareholder" raising questions to their university.

I will strongly disagree and then say-- PENN STATE.

you have the right to ask questions.

the people you ask the questions to aren't compelled to answer those questions even though you consider yourself entitled to such.

I will strongly disagree and then say-- PENN STATE.

Be aware friends, this Penn St thing will be the rallying call for “more info†for a looooonnnngggg time to come.

Now lets just break that down…….

I too can use it to show that in actuality it is a clear case of the media jumping to lynch mob lather and fans like you as well, to crucify Joe Pa, period.

As that case unfolds, it is becoming more apparent daily that 10’s of 20’s maybe even 100’s of family, friends, co-workers, law enforcement, school employees etc, etc new of Mr. Sandusky. Joe Pa as it turns out in a recent article I read really did tell what was considered a governing police entity and we probably rushed our conclusion of guilt and here we are back full circle.

Information in the hands of the irresponsible is dangerous and in PSU’s case…we needed someone, anyone to have some courage and say SOMETHING, anything from family to co-workers. Sadly these are our compatriots. Mostly good people who get on message boards and post under false identities because they haven’t the courage to say things out loud for fear of reprisal…..

you have the right to ask questions.

the people you ask the questions to aren't compelled to answer those questions even though you consider yourself entitled to such.

Ding, ding, ding.....Ask away and I am thankful he doesn’t answer, unless it is an absolute necessity. Not abnormal for the record. I’m typically pretty stodgy in my position too, with people above me and below, and quite frankly I’m responsible to do a job. If there are problems I’m to answer to one, maybe 2 people, period. Same as him…..

This isn't a private corporation.

do you think if you walked up to IPTV and asked to see the books they'd show them to you? you are a tax payer, right?

you have no more right to knowledge of a player being hospitalized than seeing any public/private business details, etc.

unless you are in a need to know position, those are just the facts.

do you think if you walked up to IPTV and asked to see the books they'd show them to you? you are a tax payer, right?

you have no more right to knowledge of a player being hospitalized than seeing any public/private business details, etc.

I’m always shocked by what people think they have a right to know. And truthfully, it’s the media who perpetuates that belief, in order to justify themselves.

I honestly think some people would wish to know even if it hurt the team and gave their competition an advantage. Only so they could gripe and complain.

Anyone that has worked for the state can tell you that a level of availability is not only expected but demanded and it's your job to make that information available. It's just part of being a government employee, being one, I know.

Now no one is saying that they should violate HIPAA laws, but asking a coach if a player was sent home for violating rules isn't anywhere near as invasive as having everyones annual income as public information.

Every detail no. But legitimate information without an arrogant brush-off...Yes.

It's we, the season ticket holders, the I-Club donors that help fund the program and give it the profile it has.

I'm getting a little tired of Ferentz's arrogant, stubborn, schtick...both on and off the field.

Latest posts