Brands, Hawkeyes eye return to the top

For tony I feel he is better at 33. To me he seems small for 41. I don't dought his toughness just size. How ever looking at it from a team aspect would definitely sure up 141and I believe we have guys to fill his shoes at 33

Ramos isn't really that big of a 33lber. Though I think he could take Maple (though Maple is huge), Steiber would be impossible at that weight.

Ramos has had many chances to beat steiber at 33 and failed. no way he beats him at 141. i think he needs to stay at 33. there is guarantee he'd even make the finals at 41 much less win it.

141 is going to be ridiculous next year. Look at the returning AAs:

Returning AAs:
Maple (OKLA DNP-4th-1st)
Port (EDIN Rof12-2nd)
H. Stieber (tOSU 6th-3rd) Projected to move up to 149
Undrakhbayar (CIT 4th)
Henderson (UNC DNP-6th)
N. Dardanes (MINN Rof12-7th) Projected to move up to 149
Neibert (VT Rof12-8th)
Carter (VT Rof12-5th) Redshirted 2012-2013

Now a couple of these guys (H. Stieber, N. Dardanes and Neibert) could move up to 149, but you'll still have some studs taking their place (L. Stieber and C. Dardanes).

Like CR said, Ramos has had multiple opportunities. I like his attitude, but common sense is a nice attribute too. It's one thing to bump up a weight because someone has been making a heavy cut or their body is still growing. Tony doesn't fall into either of these categories. He needs to kick butt at 133 and bring home the NC in 2014.

As far as Clark goes, there's no way he's going to 141; not this year anyway. If he can't make 125 and retain his strength & stamina, then Gilman will represent the Hawks. Otherwise these two will battle for the spot.

Like CR said, Ramos has had multiple opportunities. I like his attitude, but common sense is a nice attribute too. It's one thing to bump up a weight because someone has been making a heavy cut or their body is still growing. Tony doesn't fall into either of these categories. He needs to kick butt at 133 and bring home the NC in 2014.

I would admire Tony for trying 141, that take on all and back down to none attitude has been missing. But I really hope he stays at 133 and takes his shot against Logan in the dual. He'd get his shot at Logan with very little to lose.