Brandon Scherff did not quit ... neither am I

Hawk1960

Lots of Debbie downers out there this week in Hawkland and no doubt last week's loss was frustrating and disappointing.

My only piece of advice is to step back and think about what Brandon Scherff taught us all last week. Knee surgery on Tuesday and told he may have to sit out 2-3 weeks. He does not sit back and whine and feel sorry for himself or sulk. He picks his a** off the operating table and says he is going to play this Saturday against ISU. Risky? Yes. Did he do everything he could to support his team? Hell Yes. If I was an NFL General Manager would I be impressed by his toughness? You bet your a** and his draft stock would be raised a couple notches in my eyes. No quitter in this kid.

Now, stop for a minute and think about your support of the Hawks. If you are a true fan, are you giving up after one loss? If so, your pretty soft and please go sit on the sidelines for 2-3 weeks with your crutches. That's your choice, but please don't jump back on the bandwagon as we put everything we have in to the next 9 games. I will be following Scherff's lead and supporting the Hawks all year any way I can.

Brandon Scherff is a monster. Love that kid and what he brings to the team!

That said, I'm not sure he should have been playing the second half against ISU. I don't want to see Scherff sacrifice his health and jeopardize his career if he is legitimately injured. I'd say that about any of them.

Ok...this thread goes nicely with the dumb and dumber feel most of the threads have this week. I'm going to play devil's advocate. I'd also respect Brandon if when GD sent the second zone read play to Damon Bullock into the huddle at that critical juncture 3rd and 5, he threw up his arms, called timeout, and went over to the sidelines and said WTF...I quit if we're running that crap on a critical down.

Now, stop for a minute and think about your support of the Hawks. If you are a true fan, are you giving up after one loss? If so, your pretty soft and please go sit on the sidelines for 2-3 weeks with your crutches. That's your choice, but please don't jump back on the bandwagon as we put everything we have in to the next 9 games. I will be following Scherff's lead and supporting the Hawks all year any way I can.

I dont think many people who are complaining about our offense are giving up on the hawks .

I am not, I want them to win the rest of their games.

I am just very quizzical and concerned about this poor offensive performance.

Brandon Scherff is a monster. Love that kid and what he brings to the team!

That said, I'm not sure he should have been playing the second half against ISU. I don't want to see Scherff sacrifice his health and jeopardize his career if he is legitimately injured. I'd say that about any of them.

I think he's a different cat and not really concerned about the money. He would have left after his junior year if he was. Gotta respect that. In a risky he way I think he just raised his draft stock.

Lots of Debbie downers out there this week in Hawkland and no doubt last week's loss was frustrating and disappointing.

My only piece of advice is to step back and think about what Brandon Scherff taught us all last week. Knee surgery on Tuesday and told he may have to sit out 2-3 weeks. He does not sit back and whine and feel sorry for himself or sulk. He picks his a** off the operating table and says he is going to play this Saturday against ISU. Risky? Yes. Did he do everything he could to support his team? Hell Yes. If I was an NFL General Manager would I be impressed by his toughness? You bet your a** and his draft stock would be raised a couple notches in my eyes. No quitter in this kid.

did did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

I wouldn't give up either if a multi-million dollar contract was at stake and a top 10 draft pick.

The difference between him and us is that he plays on the team. It doesn't matter what I do or say, it won't change what happens on the field.

Ferentz has done about as bad of a job as is humanly possible in the first 3 games. I believe that this team actually has talent. If they had a coach that was just mediocre they could do ok with this **** schedule. But Ferentz has somehow found a way to **** it up.

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say quit. As a fan I just watch the games. I'll watch so I guess I didn't quit.

His toughness is an inspiration to me. If he can do it I can do it too! I will stomp my feet, yell, throw things at the wall tomorrow all game long. I will do whatever it takes to help defeat Pittsburgh. This makes me want to re-double my efforts in being a super Hawkeye fan! I will not quit yelling until the post game, then I will listen to the full post game too.

For those that don't believe that you can impact the game as a fan, let me inform you about Morhogenic Fields. Everything living creates a small energy field around itself. The energy you put off does affect anything living around you either negatively or positively depending on what energy you put forth as a person. When hundreds of thousands of people put forth the same energy, in this case positive energy and support for the Hawkeye football team it can create so much energy from mass conciseness will have a positive affect on the team if enough of us put forth said energy.

This is the kind of thinking that led to guys with concussions playing games they don't remember and dying at 40. Scherff was cleared by doctors who determined playing wouldn't cause further damage. You act like he stapled his own ACL together.

Finally, shut up with the "true fan" BS.

I don't think there is a Iowa fan out there with just a bit of knowledge that doesn't respect and admire our players yet question our coaches, rightfully so, my 6 year old daughter could call a better game plan than GD..... I honestly think this is the whole problem at hawk nation right now isn't it?

For those that don't believe that you can impact the game as a fan, let me inform you about Morhogenic Fields. Everything living creates a small energy field around itself. The energy you put off does affect anything living around you either negatively or positively depending on what energy you put forth as a person. When hundreds of thousands of people put forth the same energy, in this case positive energy and support for the Hawkeye football team it can create so much energy from mass conciseness will have a positive affect on the team if enough of us put forth said energy.

the ultra-conservative fog of delusion surrounding the football program is impenetrable.

Tell me more about these Moronic Fields.

His toughness is an inspiration to me. If he can do it I can do it too! I will stomp my feet, yell, throw things at the wall tomorrow all game long. I will do whatever it takes to help defeat Pittsburgh. This makes me want to re-double my efforts in being a super Hawkeye fan! I will not quit yelling until the post game, then I will listen to the full post game too.

Not one of those things will change the outcome.

Latest posts