Brandon Scherff did not quit ... neither am I

Here is a good source for information about it. It can be simply refereed to as a life field that all life generates and influences the universe. So it helps that we all focus our energy on an Iowa win. From this article,

"We each have a responsibility for our thoughts and what we are creating. I feel intuitively and sense energetically, our ability to contribute and shape the morphogenic energy fields in which we live. This means, we literally have the ability to shape the reality we live within. The self-responsibility that this implies is incredible, dynamic - and empowering. What is it that we could potentially do as we focus our attention, our energy, on the world and energies around us? What does the world we could co-create look like within this potential?"

http://www.gaiadance.com/morphogenicenergy.htm

Lots of Debbie downers out there this week in Hawkland and no doubt last week's loss was frustrating and disappointing.

My only piece of advice is to step back and think about what Brandon Scherff taught us all last week. Knee surgery on Tuesday and told he may have to sit out 2-3 weeks. He does not sit back and whine and feel sorry for himself or sulk. He picks his a** off the operating table and says he is going to play this Saturday against ISU. Risky? Yes. Did he do everything he could to support his team? Hell Yes. If I was an NFL General Manager would I be impressed by his toughness? You bet your a** and his draft stock would be raised a couple notches in my eyes. No quitter in this kid.

Now, stop for a minute and think about your support of the Hawks. If you are a true fan, are you giving up after one loss? If so, your pretty soft and please go sit on the sidelines for 2-3 weeks with your crutches. That's your choice, but please don't jump back on the bandwagon as we put everything we have in to the next 9 games. I will be following Scherff's lead and supporting the Hawks all year any way I can.

1. Nobody's giving up. They're just extremely frustrated.

2. It's not just one loss. It's one loss to ISU, combined with two pathetic offensive performances against UNI and Ball State, with all three games being played in Kinnick.

I would like to thank all the fans that helped the team win! The team needed our support today, and they got it. Mass conciseness exercise for the win, we ought to do these every week to help the team in whatever small way we can.

Here is a good source for information about it. It can be simply refereed to as a life field that all life generates and influences the universe. So it helps that we all focus our energy on an Iowa win. From this article,

"We each have a responsibility for our thoughts and what we are creating. I feel intuitively and sense energetically, our ability to contribute and shape the morphogenic energy fields in which we live. This means, we literally have the ability to shape the reality we live within. The self-responsibility that this implies is incredible, dynamic - and empowering. What is it that we could potentially do as we focus our attention, our energy, on the world and energies around us? What does the world we could co-create look like within this potential?"

So using this line of reasoning and taking into account all the negative posts here all week, we probably should have lost by about 5 touchdowns. Good thing this is a theory instead of what actually happens.

Lots of Debbie downers out there this week in Hawkland and no doubt last week's loss was frustrating and disappointing.

My only piece of advice is to step back and think about what Brandon Scherff taught us all last week. Knee surgery on Tuesday and told he may have to sit out 2-3 weeks. He does not sit back and whine and feel sorry for himself or sulk. He picks his a** off the operating table and says he is going to play this Saturday against ISU. Risky? Yes. Did he do everything he could to support his team? Hell Yes. If I was an NFL General Manager would I be impressed by his toughness? You bet your a** and his draft stock would be raised a couple notches in my eyes. No quitter in this kid.

Now, stop for a minute and think about your support of the Hawks. If you are a true fan, are you giving up after one loss? If so, your pretty soft and please go sit on the sidelines for 2-3 weeks with your crutches. That's your choice, but please don't jump back on the bandwagon as we put everything we have in to the next 9 games. I will be following Scherff's lead and supporting the Hawks all year any way I can.

I've been yelling at home and away games for a long, long time, as well as donating.

I was very critical of KF and GD after last week's game, and I felt that it was warranted. Having said that, I ALWAYS cheer hard for the hawks, and am happy for KF this week. It's okay to be a lifelong supporter, yet find fault in the coach, isn't it?

I truly hope this road victory is a catalyst for the team. I also hope CJ starts. We'll see, I guess. Go hawks.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot

Some people just don't get it. The frustration isn't just with this season, it's an accumulation of 16 years of frustration. Ferentz always finds a way to throw a monkey wrench into a season even with his most talented teams. I'll admit it, my a** will be permanently chapped over his inexplicable losses to bad ISU teams over the years. A 7-9 record to our in state rival, who most would agree is a very poor program historically, is confounding and inexcusable. He has an established record of under performing against teams he should beat easily; that's a lot of the frustration for me. If this team ends up with a good record, say 8-4 or 9-3, how can you not think back and wonder "what if we had beaten Iowa State?" Especially when that Iowa State team finishes the season at 2-10 or 3-9. My opinion, Ferentz might help his weaker teams pick up an extra win with his ultra conservative philosophy, but he costs his really strong teams a win or two with his coaching.

This team looked like horse**** the first three weeks of the season. How do you lose to ISU at home and need a miracle, again at home, to beat a poor Ball St team, then go out and beat a good Pitt team on the road? Poor coaching is the answer, but we've all seen the same thing many many times over the past 16 years. The best description I have for Kirk Ferentz coached Iowa teams after 16 years is that they are always an enigma. They have 8 games left; they could win or lose any one of them because you just never know with his teams.

As far as quitting, I don't play the game so I have no idea what you're talking about. Been an Iowa fan all my life and will remain one. This was truly a very good win today; they went on the road and beat what appears to be a pretty good football team. They could very well go out and lose to an awful Purdue team next week because hey, that's Ferentz football. This team has talent if he ever decides to utilize it properly. I'm about 90% certain that if healthy, Rudock will start at QB next week. Leopards don't change their spots, especially after 16 years.

End of rant; great win today, Hawks played with a ton of heart and determination to come back and win it. Very impressed. Beathard showed great poise and made some huge plays to keep drives alive. Go Hawks.

I've been yelling at home and away games for a long, long time, as well as donating.

I was very critical of KF and GD after last week's game, and I felt that it was warranted. Having said that, I ALWAYS cheer hard for the hawks, and am happy for KF this week. It's okay to be a lifelong supporter, yet find fault in the coach, isn't it?

I truly hope this road victory is a catalyst for the team. I also hope CJ starts. We'll see, I guess. Go hawks.
I'm on the same page with you. Nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism. Some folks just take it a little too far. The original post was more about having a positive attitude and overcoming obstacles.

Latest posts