Bracketology 2-1-19

WindsorHawk

I very rarely look at Bracketology until late in the season. Then I will look just for fun. For some reason I decided to take a look today. I really wish these were the actual brackets.

Des Moines
6 Iowa
11 St. John's

3 Kansas
14 South Dakota State

Yeah, I have tickets to the Saturday games. I really just want to see a couple NCAA Tournament games. But Iowa vs. Kansas!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...The projection is absolutely irrelevant unless we are an 8 or 9 seed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...The projection is absolutely irrelevant unless we are an 8 or 9 seed.

seed projection by some of those guys week out of so can be very accurate, this far out it means nothing. Also, they have NO clue where or against who, even day of.

Jerry Palm also has Iowa as a 6 seed, but in Hartford instead of Des Moines. Playing VCU in the first round and then the winner of VT/Vermont.

And yes people...we all know bracketology is stupid and pointless right now, but its also fun. Its just as pointless as AP polls and power rankings and preseason rankings and mock drafts and....all of that shit. Its all dumb and pointless...and its all fun.

Jerry Palm also has Iowa as a 6 seed, but in Hartford instead of Des Moines. Playing VCU in the first round and then the winner of VT/Vermont.

And yes people...we all know bracketology is stupid and pointless right now, but its also fun. Its just as pointless as AP polls and power rankings and preseason rankings and mock drafts and....all of that shit. Its all dumb and pointless...and its all fun.

message board fodder ...but there's always that guy who has to say ...."yeah, but those don't matter" ... "Oh really? I thought the selection committee made the picks this morning?"

:)

tenor.gif

message board fodder ...but there's always that guy who has to say ...."yeah, but those don't matter" ... "Oh really? I thought the selection committee made the picks this morning?"

I read on myspace that the selection committee fuses jerry palms Feb 1st bracket with joe lunardis Feb 1st bracket and that instantly forms into the actual official bracket for March Madness

Can you imagine how hard Iowa State is pushing to play in Des Moines? That would be a virtual home game for them.

I very rarely look at Bracketology until late in the season. Then I will look just for fun. For some reason I decided to take a look today. I really wish these were the actual brackets.

Des Moines
6 Iowa
11 St. John's

3 Kansas
14 South Dakota State

Yeah, I have tickets to the Saturday games. I really just want to see a couple NCAA Tournament games. But Iowa vs. Kansas!

Looks like you took a page from your book, Windsor.....

61N70VuwS-L.jpg

It is fun to see the bracket predictions and know that we are still solidly in the mix.....

:cool:

I was under the impression that they dont let you play close to home unless you're a top 4 seed. Did that change or something?

Des Moines
6 Iowa
11 St. John's

3 Kansas
14 South Dakota State

Both winnable games if it lined up that way!! KU is up and down since they lost their starting center.

I was under the impression that they dont let you play close to home unless you're a top 4 seed. Did that change or something?
I'm pretty sure they ensure the top 4 seeds in each region are as close to home as possible. But they don't restrict a team from playing close to home if they're not a top 4 seed. They just don't go out of their way to put you there.

Someone on, I think USA Today, had ISU as a 4 seed and Iowa as a 5 seed in San Jose. In the words of Fran, that'd be "phenominal".

Someone on, I think USA Today, had ISU as a 4 seed and Iowa as a 5 seed in San Jose. In the words of Fran, that'd be "phenominal".

I saw that but IMO there's no chance the committee lets that happen. There's no hard rule against it, but you're talking about 2 top 25 teams who are in-state rivals, who have already played each other this year.

The only way it could possibly happen is if 9-10 big ten teams make it so the committee has a nightmare trying to split them all up evenly

Latest posts