Bracketology 2-1-19

I assume if Iowa and Iowa State are both top 4 seeds...could happen...they could both end up in Des Moines. With this pod system they could be in different regions and both play here. Right?

I assume if Iowa and Iowa State are both top 4 seeds...could happen...they could both end up in Des Moines. With this pod system they could be in different regions and both play here. Right?

Yes. The pod system is designed specifically for that.

Can you imagine the secondary ticket market if Iowa and ISU were in Des Moines?

Yes. The pod system is designed specifically for that.

Can you imagine the secondary ticket market if Iowa and ISU were in Des Moines?
I bought my Saturday tickets a couple weeks ago. Kansas, Iowa State and Iowa all have a shot to play here. I paid more than I wanted to pay. But it will look like a bargain if any 2 of those 3 are here and still playing Saturday. Imagine if all 3 are here...

I bought my Saturday tickets a couple weeks ago. Kansas, Iowa State and Iowa all have a shot to play here. I paid more than I wanted to pay. But it will look like a bargain if any 2 of those 3 are here and still playing Saturday. Imagine if all 3 are here...

Kansas travels better than any fan base I've seen. When we were In the battle 4 Atlantis there were 8 teams and I bet it was like 90% Kansas fans.

I was under the impression that they dont let you play close to home unless you're a top 4 seed. Did that change or something?

You can't play on your home court, a court where your school is the sponsor. (Drake is the host/sponsor in Des Moines) or a court where you played more than 3 games. The guidelines do state they want to keep teams "close to their area of natural interest".

The top four seeds are protected from a "home-crowd disadvantage" in the opening round. Though that would be pretty rare, it would mean a 16 would be playing close to home. If "first round" means first weekend...that might prevent a #1 seed from potentially playing IOWA or ISU as an 8-9 game winner in DM.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-10-19/how-field-68-teams-picked-march-madness

You can't play on your home court, a court where your school is the sponsor. (Drake is the host/sponsor in Des Moines) or a court where you played more than 3 games. The guidelines do state they want to keep teams "close to their area of natural interest".

The top four seeds are protected from a "home-crowd disadvantage" in the opening round. Though that would be pretty rare, it would mean a 16 would be playing close to home. If "first round" means first weekend...that might prevent a #1 seed from potentially playing IOWA or ISU as an 8-9 game winner in DM.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-10-19/how-field-68-teams-picked-march-madness

What about us being in des Moines as a 5 and playing a 4 second round?

If iowa makes it to Des Moines, the last thing we want is for ISU to make it too. Imagine how many of their fans would be at our game just to root against the Hawks.

If iowa makes it to Des Moines, the last thing we want is for ISU to make it too. Imagine how many of their fans would be at our game just to root against the Hawks.
It would be similiar to the MSG games from earlier this year when Syracuse fans hung around for our game and rooted against UConn.

What about us being in des Moines as a 5 and playing a 4 second round?

No restrictions on IOWA or ISU playing in DM. The only exception would be if either team was an 8 or 9. #1 seeds are protected from "home court disadvantage" in the opening round (assuming that means "weekend" and not first game only). As a 4 or 5 seed it's a non-issue as they wouldn't meet a #1 until the second weekend.

No restrictions on IOWA or ISU playing in DM. The only exception would be if either team was an 8 or 9. #1 seeds are protected from "home court disadvantage" in the opening round (assuming that means "weekend" and not first game only). As a 4 or 5 seed it's a non-issue as they wouldn't meet a #1 until the second weekend.
A potential 4-5 matchup in DSM between the Hawks and Clones could blow the roof off Wells Fargo.

Ok thanks. I thought they didn't want any better seeds having to have a disadvantage with a "home court".

Kansas fans pay too - they've basically paid for my season tickets for years. I sell 2 of my kids' tickets for that game on stubhub every year and almost finance my entire season. And my seats suck.

It was funny in the Bahamas because Kansas fans bought up all the championship game tickets and then Kansas got knocked out by Villanova in the semis. So there were Kansas fans everywhere peddling their championship tickets for like 10 bucks.

That Kansas team had Wiggins, Embiid, Frank Mason, Tarik Black and Wayne Selden. Talk about an all-time under-performing team.

It was funny in the Bahamas because Kansas fans bought up all the championship game tickets and then Kansas got knocked out by Villanova in the semis. So there were Kansas fans everywhere peddling their championship tickets for like 10 bucks.

That Kansas team had Wiggins, Embiid, Frank Mason, Tarik Black and Wayne Selden. Talk about an all-time under-performing team.
Michigan State got beat by Arizona in the 2001 national semifinals. The final four was at the Metrodome and we happened to be staying in the Twin Cities that weekend.

The next morning, after getting rid of their championship tickets to Duke or Arizona fans, I-94 east toward Madison was a complete cavalcade of green and white. There would be no repeat for Sparty but they did give it a good shot.

Michigan State got beat by Arizona in the 2001 national semifinals. The final four was at the Metrodome and we happened to be staying in the Twin Cities that weekend.

The next morning, after getting rid of their championship tickets to Duke or Arizona fans, I-94 east toward Madison was a complete cavalcade of green and white. There would be no repeat for Sparty but they did give it a good shot.

I live here in the twin cities now so am thinking about scooping up some tickets possibly. Not sure how I feel about watching basketball in a massive football stadium though

Latest posts