Boyle commits to Iowa

Iowa is cleaning up in state this year. I wonder if Paul has wasted any time at all making calls to in state kids?

Iowa is cleaning up in state this year. I wonder if Paul has wasted any time at all making calls to in state kids?

too busy being pwoud. trying to draw up his next locker room video speech....

probably also realizes that now that they have a national championship caliber coach on the sidelines running the offensive show that iowa is beneath him. ala coin.

He definitely plans to play QB. I'd say he's a dual threat type QB rather than pro style. Strong arm, very fast, tough kid, already over 200lbs.

Jon mentioned in his write up that Boyle and Cook will get a shot at QB but most likely would move to another position...possibly LB or SS for Boyle...damn good athlete even if he doesn't stick at QB. Same can be said for Cook.

Don't understand why they are goin after these low rated Iowa kids so early. They could probably get them later if they can't get others.

Don't understand why they are goin after these low rated Iowa kids so early. They could probably get them later if they can't get others.

Lol it never fails. Sooner or later someone is going to put their foot in their mouth.

These "low rated" Iowa kids are responsible for building the Iowa football program. They are the core. You might as well find another team to cheer for if this isn't what you are expecting out of Iowa. This is who the Hawks are, and Boyle is the kind of kid Ferentz will always go after regardless of where he's from or what stage of the recruiting process they are in. I'm sorry for being so blunt, but your comment is just plain stupid.

Boyle has played ball at the highest level Iowa has to offer and his team has dominated with him leading the way. Welcome aboard young man.

Lol it never fails. Sooner or later someone is going to put their foot in their mouth.

These "low rated" Iowa kids are responsible for building the Iowa football program. They are the core. You might as well find another team to cheer for if this isn't what you are expecting out of Iowa. This is who the Hawks are, and Boyle is the kind of kid Ferentz will always go after regardless of where he's from or what stage of the recruiting process they are in. I'm sorry for being so blunt, but your comment is just plain stupid.

Boyle has played ball at the highest level Iowa has to offer and his team has dominated with him leading the way. Welcome aboard young man.

L I K E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody brought this up over on CryFan. Typical responses include "These kids were all Iowa leans to begin with" or the ever popular "this years crop of Iowa kids is horrible so let Kirk have them, we have bigger fish to fry"

These kids want to play at Iowa and they are fairly solid. Are they going to make an immediate impact? Of course not. And that's how Iowa's system is built to work. If these kids aren't pressed into service early in their careers due to attrition and injury they will grow with the program and when they are needed they will be ready to go. Our problem earlier this decade was the fact that these type of kids were on the field early due to attrition and that's where the drop off happens.

A few examples:

Well then they must all be "diamonds in the rough" guys because they have few big offers.

I mean the #1 guy in the state according to Rivals has as many D1 offers as myself.

Nice attempt at cherry picking. No one cares about the **** haul Iowa is pulling in state this year.

Good. Last I checked 6 kids from the state of Iowa have left the program in less than a year, I'm more than happy with kids from elsewhere.

Somebody brought this up over on CryFan. Typical responses include "These kids were all Iowa leans to begin with" or the ever popular "this years crop of Iowa kids is horrible so let Kirk have them, we have bigger fish to fry"

With Mangino on board now, they most definitely have bigger fish to fry!

I never understand why anyone looks to cyfan for anything football related.

Go to panthernation, they are the second best program in the state as seen by their domination last fall.

Because Cyclone tears are a delicacy and that is one of the few places they can be found.

Super strong kid for his position. I looked at some of the top QB around the country and Ryan is statistically in the same conversation. Strength wise he's significantly above avg. And to think how much better he's going to get. Really exciting sign for the Hawks.

Height: 6'2
Weight: 215
Vertical: 31"
Bench: 340
GPA: 3.8
40 YD: 4.6
Shuttle: 4.2
Squat: 530

Latest posts