Boy ISU fans are relentless at my workplace

HaydenHawk56

You don't have to say a word and they are all in your face. When you tell them it happens every once in a blue moon, they get all defensive. So defensive and so obnoxious. I'm sure not all ISU fans are this way, but I have found them to be in the minority.

Its a part of what being big brother is all about. When the little sister wins, the big brother is expect to take the high road and pat the little sister on the head and say good game.

Drop them where they stand then and teach them a lesson if it pisses you off so much. Or get butt hurt and whine about it on a message board and create ANOTHER useless thread on a topic that has been discussed endlessly already. Either way is equally tough guyish.

Basically that is what I tell them....good game, it happens, on to the next game. They just don't quit though.....very little brother is correct.

Maybe you brought this upon yourself, either in the last few years and or weeks leading up to the game. its not them...its probably you.

Not really......I act like I have been there before. I wish more ISU fans would act like that. But, I guess when you don't win that much........

You don't have to say a word and they are all in your face. When you tell them it happens every once in a blue moon, they get all defensive. So defensive and so obnoxious. I'm sure not all ISU fans are this way, but I have found them to be in the minority.

I don't know about defensive (I'm sure they are) but 7 wins in 13 tries vs. KF seems like a lot of blue moons.

Historically yes, they don't win that much. Against Kirk F. well yes, it is more frequent.....but a lot of ISU fans still acts like they have not been there before.

Historically yes, they don't win that much. Against Kirk F. well yes, it is more frequent.....but a lot of ISU fans still acts like they have not been there before.
Point is you likely make stupid comments lie "but I guess when you don't win that much" at your workplace just like here. I'm placing blame at 75% you, 25% them. /thread

All a Hawkeye has to say is nothing. Let them gloat, who really cares. Like anyone outside of Iowa knows about the Cyclones anyway. Iowa on the other hand has national respect in a variety of different ways. Iowa is a known commidity (SP) and that is why beating Iowa any year is such a big deal to them. While Iowa goes on about their ways ISU will still end up with 4-5 wins and look back and say "well at least we beat Iowa", not exactly the type of program to be bragging about and it just proves that their bowl game is in September and not January like most often than not where my Iowa Hawkeyes play their bowl games. Hold your heads high, say nothing and wait til the end of the season to see where each team is.

I've not even mentioned it to any Hawks at my office. If they want to talk about it I will but it's never the "winner's" place to start the conversation. In my opinion.

All a Hawkeye has to say is nothing. Let them gloat, who really cares. Like anyone outside of Iowa knows about the Cyclones anyway. Iowa on the other hand has national respect in a variety of different ways. Iowa is a known commidity (SP) and that is why beating Iowa any year is such a big deal to them. While Iowa goes on about their ways ISU will still end up with 4-5 wins and look back and say "well at least we beat Iowa", not exactly the type of program to be bragging about and it just proves that their bowl game is in September and not January like most often than not where my Iowa Hawkeyes play their bowl games. Hold your heads high, say nothing and wait til the end of the season to see where each team is.
Thank you this will brighten a Monday!

Its a part of what being big brother is all about. When the little sister wins, the big brother is expect to take the high road and pat the little sister on the head and say good game.

Uh huh. Well, then why is it when Iowa beats ISU, my phone blows up with texts messages and calls from my Hawk friends rubbing it in? Shouldn't it just be business as usual? The ironic thing is that I didn't call or text a single Hawk fan to give them a hard time after the win Saturday.

Uh huh. Well, then why is it when Iowa beats ISU, my phone blows up with texts messages and calls from my Hawk friends rubbing it in? Shouldn't it just be business as usual? The ironic thing is that I didn't call or text a single Hawk fan to give them a hard time after the win Saturday.

I haven't said a word to any of the cyclone fans i know for awhile now about this game because who the heck knows what is going to happen most years with KF at the helm....yet with an exception of a few when ISu does when they don't let up letting everybody know about it as many times as they can...

I dont know why your friends haggle you when Iowa wins. Why did the chicken cross the road?

Seriously? You should probably just not tip them this Christmas and report them if they spit on your desk. Now get back to work, sell something, and don't let the cleaning people bother you anymore.

I live in Minnesota.
First words out of a Gopher's mouth - "Go Cyclones".

Typical.

I just kept walking, but said, "How bout dem Gophers and Vikings?"

i expect a little ribbing from my ISU friends...its come with the territory. the only thing that bothers me(and i'm not really sure why it does, but it does) is when people start saying "its the cyclone state". just bugs the hell out of me and i don't think it has anything to do with football

Latest posts