Bowlsby to Big 12?

I would say it's not completely analogous, no. The BIG isn't set up for those schools the way the B12 is for Texas.

Iowa recognizes OSU, Mich, and Mich St as national champions to others just as ISU does with Texas, Okla, and KU. When it comes to talking about national champions from our conferences do we have a choice?

Iowa recognizes OSU, Mich, and Mich St as national champions to others just as ISU does with Texas, Okla, and KU. When it comes to talking about national champions from our conferences do we have a choice?

You always have a choice. If you want to continue to live in la la land and pretend the landscape of each conference is equitable that's your prerogative. I didn't say or insinuate that you shouldn't recognize national champs from your conference. That wasn't the point.

Great vote of confidence for the Big12. Bowlsby wouldn't go there if he didn't believe in it... he can name his job, no reason to chance things.

In the running for 4th place in what exactly? The B10 can't hold the B12's jock when it comes to athletics, so I assume you mean in the amount of alumni?

Conference stability and desireability. Seriously guys teams can't get away fast enough - Nebby, TAMU, Missou. Now that the BE is no longer a power conference, it puts the B12 in 5th place. They get the leftovers the other power conferences don't want. The only thing that keeps them afloat is the Golden Goose Longhorns.

The only reason I said they are vying for 4th place is because there are rumors that the SEC is going after NC STATE and VA Tech and the B1G is more likely to go in that direction for expansion.

I would say it's not completely analogous, no. The BIG isn't set up for those schools the way the B12 is for Texas.

Mostly equal revenue sharing now, not like it used to be. I know Texas and OU still have a lil more pull than everyone else, but it's like that in every conference.

Mostly equal revenue sharing now, not like it used to be. I know Texas and OU still have a lil more pull than everyone else, but it's like that in every conference.

No doubt now that they've been exposed and recent contracts have been made that some concessions were made.

Get back to me when Texas plays a road game in Ames late in the schedule.

Great vote of confidence for the Big12. Bowlsby wouldn't go there if he didn't believe in it... he can name his job, no reason to chance things.

Not so much. The big 12 is still done. It does however, almost guarantee a conference merger of some kind...perhaps the Big East/"big" 12 joiner that's been rumored.

He wouldn't take the job unless there was some opportunity in it for him. Building a new conference..likely one of 6-8 BCS super conferences ultimately...is just such an opportunity.

Not so much. The big 12 is still done. It does however, almost guarantee a conference merger of some kind...perhaps the Big East/"big" 12 joiner that's been rumored.

He wouldn't take the job unless there was some opportunity in it for him. Building a new conference..likely one of 6-8 BCS super conferences ultimately...is just such an opportunity.

Surely you jest.

The Big 12 is not done and never will be. Hate to burst your bubble.

Great get, diamond in the rough, wants to be a commissioner and wants to be commissioner there more than anywhere else. Can't wait to steal North Texas from Conference-USA.

The Big 12 is not done and never will be. Hate to burst your bubble.

If by that you mean...the name might be retained...and some of the original teams stay.. Yeah. But two teams just bolted and it's far from stable as long as it's TEXAS...and everybody else.

Let me put it this way for all our friends auditing from Ames. It's no Big Ten

I like how Chris Williams tweeted today about having Bowlsby and Pollard working together is like having two of the classiest guys in the biz working together. In all seriousness what makes Pollard any classier than any other AD? I mean, unless your covering up something or a tyrant like DeLoss Dodds I'm pretty sure most ADs are pretty classy.

Last edited:
If by that you mean...the name might be retained...and some of the original teams stay.. Yeah. But two teams just bolted and it's far from stable as long as it's TEXAS...and everybody else.

We will be more than fine without Misery and Mason Jar. You are right its no Big Ten, its actually watchable football.

I like how Chris Williams tweeted today about having Bowlsby and Pollard working together is like having two of the classiest guys in the biz working together. In all seriousness what makes Pollard any classier than any other AD? I mean, unless your covering up something or a tyrant like DeLoss Dodds I'm pretty sure most ADs are pretty classy.
Also, there's not a classy bone in Pollard's body. The guy is as tacky and minor-league as they get.

something tells me your view of the big 10 is a bit unrealistic.

Also, there's not a classy bone in Pollard's body. The guy is as tacky and minor-league as they get.

Good point. Minor league baseball games always have little gimmicks and schticks to get people into the ballpark. Seems fairly reminiscent of games at Jack Trice.

Latest posts