bowl?

droidhawk

Anyone have any rumors on what bowl we're headed to? Doesn't seem like anyone cares. Kind of curious.

I don't think you'll find many who care much. If there was ever a year that Kirk Ferentz didn't deserve to go to a bowl, it's this one. Out-coached by the likes of Paul Rhoads, Randy Edsall and Bopa Leenie.

I still feel that the Gator Bowl is going to take a 6-6 Penn State team over Iowa.
If I was on the Gator Bowl board, I would recommend taking Penn State over Iowa.

Odds are, we are playing in Santa Clara against Arizona State, and it will be 2004 against them, all over again.

If I were running any bowl at all I would not take pedo state, they are a disgrace to college football and should not be eligible anyways. Iowa is a much more suitable program for any bowl to chose. I for one am ready for a nice Iowa bowl win no matter the place or opponent.

Wherever it is and whoever it's against I just hope we gone down in epic Feretz style. I want to see Wiesman to the end no less than 12 times. I want Rudy in there for every snap of the best down that will be and would prefer the Rudy with happy feet and check down Charlie. Perhaps a couple deep looks to Vandenberg would make sense also, oh and how bout a muffed fair catch as well. Sounds like a normal game to Kirk....

Don't care....probably watch Big Bang reruns instead. Unless it's USC or ASU ....then I will pray we get embarrassed and hold out hope that KF steps down.

Many of us are simply not too excited about another fb game. I'll watch it I'm sure but expect more half done unagressive offense in at least one half of the game leading us to a season ending third loss in a row. We will be playing a team with a winning record and we know how that works out.

Last edited:
Don't care....probably watch Big Bang reruns instead. Unless it's USC or ASU ....then I will pray we get embarrassed and hold out hope that KF steps down.

He won't step down due to an embarrassing bowl loss just like he wouldn't maneuver for a lifetime contract after an overrated Orange Bowl victory.

Oh wait...

Anyone have any rumors on what bowl we're headed to? Doesn't seem like anyone cares. Kind of curious.

nobody really knows...

Santa Clara, Nashville or Jacksonville or maybe NYC - Teams? pick your poison

The game - Hawks win the toss and receive. iowa runs weisman for 2 yards, runs again for 6 and passses for 4. 1st down, rise repeat and rinse repeat. Somewhere there is an incomplete pass and Iowa punts. We move to further action in the 2nd quarter, iowa is down by 14. Rise repeat. We move to further action in the 2nd quarter....4:25 remain. Iowa punts. Other team drives and scores. Iowa down 17 or 21. Iowa has the ball with 1:10, Iowa takes a knee 2 X. end of the half . Hawks kick off to start the 2nd half.... you know how this goes.

nobody really knows...

Santa Clara, Nashville or Jacksonville or maybe NYC - Teams? pick your poison

The game - Hawks win the toss and receive. iowa runs weisman for 2 yards, runs again for 6 and passses for 4. 1st down, rise repeat and rinse repeat. Somewhere there is an incomplete pass and Iowa punts. We move to further action in the 2nd quarter, iowa is down by 14. Rise repeat. We move to further action in the 2nd quarter....4:25 remain. Iowa punts. Other team drives and scores. Iowa down 17 or 21. Iowa has the ball with 1:10, Iowa takes a knee 2 X. end of the half . Hawks kick off to start the 2nd half.... you know how this goes.
Jake plays like his hair is on fire so the guy with hair and an arm that can fire won't come into the game only to fall short in the last 1:17 with:

A. a checkdown on 4th and 4 that goes for 2 yards

B. with a 2 point lead the defense give up a 27 yard pass on 3rd 16 from the Hawks 48 and lose on a FG with 8 seconds to go

with either one of those you may also chose two of the following from the game:

C. in either A or B KF still has 2 timeouts left that didn't get burned on a 1st down play in the 2nd drive of the 3rd quarter.

D. JR is 24-31 for 189 yards

E. MW has 29 carries for 82 yards 1 TD and 0-2 on 4th downs

F. Iowa receivers have 2 receptions on 3 targets for 44 yards. MM has a drop for a first down.

G. Punt return is 6 total yards on 7 opponent punts.

But thankfully we had 15 extra practices to work on the basics.
Not game planning or clock management, mind you.
Just the basics.

It's 99.9% guaranteed that it's either Jacksonville or San Fran at this point. Nebraska was in the Gator last year and won't be making back-to-back trips. OSU and MSU in major bowls (MSU in the Orange as the highest ranked non-champion over the SEC). Wisco in the Outback (we lose the Citrus/Cap One with a team in the Orange). If Neb goes Holiday (they've been their twice fairly recently) that could send Minn to Jax and we fall to San Fran. If Holiday passes on Neb (fans not enthused due to coaching change, and/or the fairly recent trips to San Diego) then Minn goes Holiday, Iowa to Jax, and Neb falls to San Fran (remember, they played in Gator last year). There are really no other possible scenarios at this point. Nashville is likely out as they can get local teams Louisville and Tennessee.

O ne rumor I heard is that Penn St is a virtual lock for the Pinstripe bowl.

With Ohio St winning, the BigTen will get 2 teams in committee bowls. Odds are good Mich St will go to the Orange, which means BigTen does not get a spot in the Citrus.

Which probably means Minn to Holiday and Wisc to Outback.

Nebraska might then get sent to Music City or santa clara. If Neb goes to Nashville, then Iowa probably goes to Santa Clara. If Neb goes to Santa Clara. Iowa will go to Nashville or Jacksonville.

It's 99.9% guaranteed that it's either Jacksonville or San Fran at this point. Nebraska was in the Gator last year and won't be making back-to-back trips. OSU and MSU in major bowls (MSU in the Orange as the highest ranked non-champion over the SEC). Wisco in the Outback (we lose the Citrus/Cap One with a team in the Orange). If Neb goes Holiday (they've been their twice fairly recently) that could send Minn to Jax and we fall to San Fran. If Holiday passes on Neb (fans not enthused due to coaching change, and/or the fairly recent trips to San Diego) then Minn goes Holiday, Iowa to Jax, and Neb falls to San Fran (remember, they played in Gator last year). There are really no other possible scenarios at this point. Nashville is likely out as they can get local teams Louisville and Tennessee.

99% sure we are going to one of two places?

Only took two pages but we got some responses. Thanks fellas. As tough as it is, we all have a disease, the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Latest posts