bowl?

yawning__1220901657_91071.jpg

Wisconsin lost the Big Ten 1 of the New Year's 6 spots.
Wisconsin/Minnesota to Outback/Holiday
Iowa to Jacksonville (only because Nebraska was there last year)
Nebraska to Santa Clara.
Penn State to Pinstripe.
Illinois/Maryland to Dallas/Detroit

Pretty excited to find out where. I look at it as kicking off the next season... same easy schedule with Sunshine and I see 9 or 10 wins. Going to be great season.

Pretty excited to find out where. I look at it as kicking off the next season... same easy schedule with Sunshine and I see 9 or 10 wins. Going to be great season.
Sunshine isn't going to be here, if by some rare chance he is, he will not see the field.

Don't care....probably watch Big Bang reruns instead. Unless it's USC or ASU ....then I will pray we get embarrassed and hold out hope that KF steps down.

Doesn't care about the bowl, admittedly won't watch, actively rooting to get blown out…

Me thinks you're not a Hawk fan at all. Perhaps you would prefer hanging out at CyFan?

Nebraska to Santa Clara.
Penn State to Pinstripe.

Having a team in the playoffs would have been the ideal scenario, I think OSU winning last night helps the B1G with the bowl matchups. Not every team is "playing up" in their matchups (although matchups this year will be paired a little better). At least this way maybe the conference can post a better bowl record.

I'd also add a slash to Iowa's option of being Nashville OR Jacksonville. I think the driving distance to the destination would be appealing to most fans not posting here.

Eda - You can be one of the blind sheep if you want to....you are the type of fan that Barta counts on to line his and KF's pockets fro producing NOTHING. Wake up!!!

There are projections all over the board out on twitter.

one says Iowa-LSU in Jacksonville !!!! I'm not kidding, Another has UNC-Iowa in Detroit. Most show Iowa in CA against Stanford, WA or ASU

Last edited:
Nebraska to Santa Clara.
Penn State to Pinstripe.

illinois is probably the odd team out that wont get a bowl. Rutgers, MD and PSU will get bowls before Illinois for political reasons.

Having a team in the playoffs would have been the ideal scenario, I think OSU winning last night helps the B1G with the bowl matchups. Not every team is "playing up" in their matchups (although matchups this year will be paired a little better). At least this way maybe the conference can post a better bowl record.

I'd also add a slash to Iowa's option of being Nashville OR Jacksonville. I think the driving distance to the destination would be appealing to most fans not posting here.

Living in Nashville, rumor is that they are going ACC this bowl season, with Louisville, probably on the board for the Music City Bowl.
Louisville-Nashville is 3 hours. Close enough to sell tickets and far enough to sell hotel rooms.

Michigan State is going to the Cotton Bowl, against Baylor. so the Citrus/Orange is still open for a big Ten.
Wisconsin probably to Citrus.
Nebraska to Outback.
Minnesota to Gator.
Iowa to Holiday.

It's either San Diego or Santa Clara, against a Pac-12 team, like Arizona State, UCLA, or Stanford.

Living in Nashville, rumor is that they are going ACC this bowl season, with Louisville, probably on the board for the Music City Bowl.Louisville-Nashville is 3 hours. Close enough to sell tickets and far enough to sell hotel rooms.Michigan State is going to the Cotton Bowl, against Baylor. so the Citrus/Orange is still open for a big Ten.Wisconsin probably to Citrus.Nebraska to Outback.Minnesota to Gator.Iowa to Holiday.It's either San Diego or Santa Clara, against a Pac-12 team, like Arizona State, UCLA, or Stanford.
Holiday is before Gator and will take Minnesota. Iowa to Jacksonville.

With the state of the Iowa football program and the fact the fan base is not in a good spot, I see Detroit in Iowa's future. The only thing appealing about Iowa is the fact the fans have traveled very well to past bowls. Don't see it happening this year.

With that said, what time will all bowl assignments be final?

With the state of the Iowa football program and the fact the fan base is not in a good spot, I see Detroit in Iowa's future. The only thing appealing about Iowa is the fact the fans have traveled very well to past bowls. Don't see it happening this year.With that said, what time will all bowl assignments be final?
KirFer has one of his legendary pressers scheduled for 6 pm, so I would say just shortly before then.

KirFer has one of his legendary pressers scheduled for 6 pm, so I would say just shortly before then.

I'll have his presser for him:

"We're obviously thrilled to be selected by xxx bowl, great tradition, couldnt be more excited. Obviously xxx is a really tough opponent and we'll have our work cut out for us."

Many of us are simply not too excited about another fb game. I'll watch it I'm sure but expect more half done unagressive offense in at least one half of the game leading us to a season ending third loss in a row. We will be playing a team with a winning record and we know how that works out.

It might pique my interest if Kirk named CJB the starter for the game so we could look forward to him being the starter next year but short of that, it's probably the who-cares bowl for me.

It looks like Minnesota to the Citrus. If so, the Big Ten getting involved, more, made that happen.
Then, Wisconsin to Outback.

Living in Nashville, rumor is that they are going ACC this bowl season, with Louisville, probably on the board for the Music City Bowl.
Louisville-Nashville is 3 hours. Close enough to sell tickets and far enough to sell hotel rooms.

Michigan State is going to the Cotton Bowl, against Baylor. so the Citrus/Orange is still open for a big Ten. Orange is filled.

Wisconsin probably to Citrus.
Nebraska to Outback.
Minnesota to Gator.
Iowa to Holiday.

It's either San Diego or Santa Clara, against a Pac-12 team, like Arizona State, UCLA, or Stanford.

Latest posts