Bowl Outlook

hawkeye12345

I know it sucks that we lost and I really don't want to talk about it anymore. I've made my point now for weeks that KOK is horrible and now most see it so......let's talk about our bowl outlook.

Wisky and tOSU are going to win next week. Wisky has NW sans their QB at home and tOSU finishes with Michigan at home. If one of these two could lose it would be tOSU but I just don't see it. I think MSU loses next week @ PSU. This loss is going to kill us in the bowl pecking order.

Here is how I see the finish:

1. Wisky - heads to the Rose Bowl with no realistic chance of Nat'l Championship as too many things would have to happen
1b. tOSU - will finish between #7 and #9 in the BCS standings and get an at large big.
3. MSU
4. PSU - beats MSU and finishes at (5-3) 8-4
5. Iowa - beats Minny even though I think we run the risk of a letdown next week. We finish (5-3) 8-4 but fall behind PSU in bowl selection.
6. Illinois (4-4) 7-5
7. Michigan (4-4) 7-5
8. NW (4-4) 7-5

Wisky - Rose Bowl
tOSU - Orange Bowl
MSU - Cap1
PSU - Outback
Iowa - Gator
Illinois - Insight
Michigan - Texas
NW - Dallas Football Classic

It's going to be the Gator or the Outback. Most likely the Outback because it's potentially JoePa's last game, and everybody is going to be clammoring to get it.

can we fall to the insight?

I don't think so because iirc the Gator bowl picks first this year. If we lose we to Minny we fall farther than the Insight due to the epic collapse and fan apathy. If PSU loses then we move up to the Outback bowl.

There may be still a chance that we go to the Insight if a combination of two of these teams lose next week: MSU, fOSU or Wisky. That would drop the Big10 to only one BCS game. That would shift us down one slot and in to the Insight Bowl.

Last edited:
If Iowa wins next week, no worse than Gator..the Michigan situation is going to end in Rich Rod's firing so I don't think the Gator goes there

Edit to original record: Michigan and NW will end with a 3-5 conference record not 4-4. Minor error that doesn't change the standings but as Jon points out, Rich Rod will be canned at the end of the season

Again comparing 2010 to 1997, in 1997, Iowa's contingent at the Sun Bowl was limited. I think many of the disappointed fan base will choose not to make the trip to Jacksonville, Florida for New Year's Day.

Iowa fans will not travel to Jacksonville.....there will be little buzz for that game outside of Iowa fans living in Florida....I just dont think people will care

Outback or Gator most likely

Tough loss but we need to take care of business next week and then win the bowl game

Coker and Morris looked ok today and hopefully we get all our Juniors back next year. I will say now I predict more wins next year and tough running game with a great O line and a strong stable of RBs

We're going to the Murdered Raccoon Bowl, in Nashville!
It'll be a hoot. I'll finally get to meet punkinhead. We'll tailgate together, for sure. Smoked varmint and Lynchburg Lemonade!

I actually think it is better for us if MSU wins at PSU (and I think they will). Then MSU gets ROse and Wisky gets at large. OSU to Cap 1 and we go to Outback or Gator.

At this point I think you would get a better turn out, tickets sold, if they ended up in Phoenix.

I'm not counting on an automatic win in Minneapolis next weekend. Minny has no bowl game so this game IS their bowl game. They have nothing to lose, they can play lose and aggressive. Iowa may play tight and have more on the line. But will the Iowa player even care anymore.

Latest posts