Bowl Game Possibilities

NCHawker

So here they are. The Pinstripe Bowl is cancelled. The conference places teams generally by merit but also they consider match ups and recent opponents and recent bowl venues. I don't think we'll see Iowa UF or Iowa UT. And I don't think we'll see Iowa at the Outback Bowl.

BRAND MATTERS - Its not about fan base, its about TV ratings.

The 2020-21 Big Ten bowl schedule and College Football Playoff bowl schedule can be found below.

2020-21 Big Ten Bowl Schedule
Saturday, December 26, 2020Guaranteed Rate BowlPhoenix, AZ10:15 p.m. ETESPN
Tuesday, December 29, 2020New Era Pinstripe BowlNew York, NY2 p.m. ETESPN
Wednesday, December 30, 2020Duke's Mayo BowlCharlotte, NCNoon ETESPN
Wednesday, December 30, 2020TransPerfect Music City BowlNashville, TN3:30 p.m. ETESPN
Friday, January 1, 2021Vrbo Citrus BowlOrlando, FL1 p.m. ETABC
Saturday, January 2, 2021Outback BowlTampa, FL12:30 p.m. ETABC
College Football Playoff Bowls
Wednesday, December 30, 2020Goodyear Cotton Bowl ClassicArlington, TX7:15 p.m. ETESPN
Friday, January 1, 2021Chick-fil-A Peach BowlAtlanta, GA12:30 p.m. ETESPN
Friday, January 1, 2021The Rose Bowl Game*Pasadena, CA5 p.m. ETESPN
Friday, January 1, 2021Allstate Sugar Bowl*New Orleans, LA8:45 p.m. ETESPN
Saturday, January 2, 2021PlayStation Fiesta BowlPhoenix, AZ4 p.m. ETESPN
Saturday, January 2, 2021Capital One Orange BowlMiami Gardens, FL8 p.m. ETESPN
Monday, January 11, 2021CFP National ChampionshipMiami Gardens, FL8 p.m. ETESPN
*College Football Playoff Semifinal Games

RELATED NEWS​

Last edited:
I think unless Iowa somehow got into a NY6 bowl game they are destined for Florida, either the Citrus or Outback Bowl.

NC Hawker, doesn't it seem like the Citrus Bowl is the logical spot for Iowa, or the Music City Bowl? We haven't played in the Citrus since 2005 and we have never played in the Music City. It must be one or the other??

Does it matter? Can fans even go? Can the players attend any events?

I would say save the Music City or Citrus for a year when the fans and players can enjoy it.

Might as well just go to the Outback Bowl again, because I think there is rule that Iowa must play in the Outback Bowl at least once every 3 years.

I would say save the Music City or Citrus for a year when the fans and players can enjoy it.

Might as well just go to the Outback Bowl again, because I think there is rule that Iowa must play in the Outback Bowl at least once every 3 years.

Well the Big 12, SEC, and ACC have been having a good share of fans in the stands this year.

Except for the huge upward spike in covid in general public I do not see why these southern bowl sites wont sell butts in the seats.

Jerry Palm is predicting Music City versus the Mississippi Rebels.

Interesting.

I guess with no fans it doesn't really matter where we go....Outback, Music City or Citrus, we are going to play the SEC. Bring it on. Go Hawks.

P.S. I'm sure the players would love another Florida bowl. It's warm down there!!!

Interesting.

I guess with no fans it doesn't really matter where we go....Outback, Music City or Citrus, we are going to play the SEC. Bring it on. Go Hawks.

P.S. I'm sure the players would love another Florida bowl. It's warm down there!!!
I think the Florida bowls will allow fans.

Since fans attending isn't a big consideration, bowl playing environment should be priority one. That's why playing in Tampa again at the Outback Bowl is a good choice. The stadium and weather is great. The Citrus Bowl stadium is not near as nice a venue. The weather for either will be a great reward after playing their last few games in frigid December up north.

Interesting.

I would HATE this! I want the Hawks to go to the Music City Bowl when they allow fans so I can go to it. Nashville is an easy drive and my wife has family in western Tennessee.

But if Iowa winds up in the Music City then that means no other Big Ten team is making a NY6 bowl except Ohio State reaching the playoffs. That doesn't seem right, I would think either Indiana or Northwestern would make a NY6 bowl. It's not about selling tickets this year.

I checked a few days ago and there are seats available for outback and cap 1 bowls. Hope we can get down to Orlando and I can convince Ma that she needs a few days on the ocean down in Florida.
Still live with your mom, huh? I want you to know there is nothing wrong with that. Italian guys live with their mom into their forties, so there's that.

I checked a few days ago and there are seats available for outback and cap 1 bowls. Hope we can get down to Orlando and I can convince Ma that she needs a few days on the ocean down in Florida.
The Citrus Bowl has not been called the Cap 1 for years now. Are you sure you were looking at the right Bowl game?

Just to make things more confusing, I believe the Orange Bowl is now known offially as the Capital One Orange Bowl.

Seats are available for the Duke's Mayo, Outback and Music City.

Nashville and Tampa are both "open" enough that fans will go. Charlotte is more restrictive, but appears somewhat open, though I'd take Nashville or Tampa on the "things to do" front. Charlotte is a good city but not exactly a tourist destination. Music City has a lot to see and Tampa has the beach.

NC Hawker, doesn't it seem like the Citrus Bowl is the logical spot for Iowa, or the Music City Bowl? We haven't played in the Citrus since 2005 and we have never played in the Music City. It must be one or the other??

I don't think it matters much this year that a team hasn't played in a bowl for so many years, does it? No fans are going so the destination doesn't really matter to pull fans in for a quick getaway.

Latest posts