Bowl Game Attendance?

NeilDiamond

Any of you planning on going? This could be an awful showing, especially if we end up in Texas. Gator Bowl might create an uptick, but that game sounds unlikely. I was at home over the holiday and the majority of my friends are season ticket holders. We all got the email from the University asking us to buy tickets and basically everyone laughed. It might take a dysmal fan contingent to get it through the thick skulls in IC, that just throwing slop on the field for $3+ million a year is not going to cut it.

Any of you planning on going? This could be an awful showing, especially if we end up in Texas. Gator Bowl might create an uptick, but that game sounds unlikely. I was at home over the holiday and the majority of my friends are season ticket holders. We all got the email from the University asking us to buy tickets and basically everyone laughed. It might take a dysmal fan contingent to get it through the thick skulls in IC, that just throwing slop on the field for $3+ million a year is not going to cut it.

We're going again this year (haven't missed one since the first Orange Bowl.) Attendance may be down this year but will be decent, as always. Once the bowl announcements are made and match ups announced, people tend to get more excited.

We all thought attendance would be down last year because of the disappointing finish yet we broke the Insight record. It will be no different this year. Once people come to grips that the first snow is coming soon and there is a chance to spend a few days in warmer climate, tickets will get bought up.

A. In which bowl is Iowa playing?
2. Who is the opponent?
iii. No, I will not attend under any circumstances; it would be a huge waste of time and money.

Now go ahead, question my "fanhood", johnny come latelys.

We are going. The farm economy is strong,and it will probably be AZ or Fl....and warm. I think Iowa fans will be there in the usual good numbers. Iowa has won 3 straight bowl games,and winning the game makes it a worthwhile,fun experience.

Nope and I may even watch an old Abbott & Costello movie instead of the Iowa bowl game because it would be a lot more entertaining than watching the Iowa coaching staff screw up in another game.

I would consider going to Jacksonville, depending on opponent.

The other locations and Big 12 matchups do not appeal to me.

We are going. The farm economy is strong,and it will probably be AZ or Fl....and warm. I think Iowa fans will be there in the usual good numbers. Iowa has won 3 straight bowl games,and winning the game makes it a worthwhile,fun experience.

Its looking like Texas. Stil warmer than Iowa I guess, but I can think of a lot better places to spend money than Texas.

I would consider going to Jacksonville, depending on opponent.

The other locations and Big 12 matchups do not appeal to me.

You'll fit right in, in Jacksonville. Filthy sh!thole town full of ignorant inbred thugs and posers. Don't forget your jorts and your yankees cap, tuff guy.

To boycott a bowl game to send a message would be a horrible move to make. If you want to send the athletic department a message then stop buying tickets to games at Kinnick.

If I can go, I will. I have gone to 8 straight bowls and they've all been a blast. I always enjoy one more chance to see the Hawks.

We will most likely go. We are hoping for Houston.......new place to visit but would go to Gator, Insight, Texas or Ticketcity.......Would like Houston best though for location. All the games have a chance to stink but we usually play good in the bowls.......we will see. We will go most likely though. Go Hawks

It appears as though the Gator Bowl would rather have a 6-6 Buckeye team than a 7-5 Hawkeye team. Just as well....I was at our last Gator Bowl and I am still trying to thaw out

Bowl game attendance will be solid. 99% of the message board posters are insane and want to fire Kirk, but amongst the actual fanbase, that number is more like 5%.

Most people like to support the team, you know, the actual Hawkeyes, unlike people who post here.

Bowl game attendance will be solid. 99% of the message board posters are insane passionate and want to fire Kirk, but amongst the actual fanbase, that number is more like 5%.

Most people like to support the team, you know, the actual Hawkeyes, unlike people who post here.

I think this post with the one small change, probably reflects reality. Thanks.:)

Last edited:
Bowl game attendance will be solid. 99% of the message board posters are insane and want to fire Kirk, but amongst the actual fanbase, that number is more like 5%.

Are you sure about the statements above? Because I'm thinking that is a hasty generalization.

If I have some reservations about coaching, does that mean I'm not a member of the "actual fan base"?

Back to the OP. If they play in Jacksonville, I'll attend. I'm in Florida anyway.

Florida and Texas could help out in recruiting. Arizona is a huge disappointment with respects to where we recruit, a mountain time start and low TV viewership.

Latest posts