Bowen Born's Relationship with Iowa Rapidly Advancing

Thanks, Rob. Intriguing at this point maybe. Smashing some stereotypes, shall we say, on some things he can do in the video.

“Since April 27, Toledo, Bowling Green, Indiana State and South Dakota reportedly offered scholarships to Born. Northern Iowa and Drake already had stepped forward before that.”

Whoa that’s an impressive list!!!!

If he turns into an Aaron White type of player I’d be fine with that. What are the odds of that??? Flying under the radar? I certainly hope so.

He carried his team to the 3A state title game falling to Xavier Foster's Oskaloosa team 44-48. Born had 26 of their 44 points. Size is what's holding back high major offers. The kid can flat out ball. I'd be fine with Iowa taking a chance and offering him vs continuing to bank scholarships. I doubt he would deter any top PG targets Fran is after.

If Iowa doesn't offer, I hope the he stays instate and goes to Drake or UNI.

Nice video and article.

A shifty, snarky, left handed PG. Lots to like, even as a bit player off the bench.

I hope Iowa gets him, great name, plus if he goes to Northern Iowa he is the kind of player that lights up Iowa for 30 PPG.
That is, if Iowa ever plays them again.

He carried his team to the 3A state title game falling to Xavier Foster's Oskaloosa team 44-48. Born had 26 of their 44 points. Size is what's holding back high major offers. The kid can flat out ball. I'd be fine with Iowa taking a chance and offering him vs continuing to bank scholarships. I doubt he would deter any top PG targets Fran is after.

Exactly. His ceiling is having some of the best attributes of Gessell and JBo. His floor is a bench guard with high energy that can score multiple ways. FM hasn’t had bench guards like that. Add to that that he’s likely a 4 year guy that will stick it out and wants to be at Iowa.

Exactly. His ceiling is having some of the best attributes of Gessell and JBo. His floor is a bench guard with high energy that can score multiple ways. FM hasn’t had bench guards like that. Add to that that he’s likely a 4 year guy that will stick it out and wants to be at Iowa.

Without knowing more then what the video shows, I'd already say he's better version of both. Has excellent ball skills, great speed and a quick trigger which he'll need to compensate for the height issue - unless he's still growing. His challenge will be defensively and the physicality that Big Ten guards bring to the court. Hopefully he's still growing and can add some meat to his bones.

Without knowing more then what the video shows, I'd already say he's better version of both. Has excellent ball skills, great speed and a quick trigger which he'll need to compensate for the height issue - unless he's still growing. His challenge will be defensively and the physicality that Big Ten guards bring to the court. Hopefully he's still growing and can add some meat to his bones.
Did the same coach teach him and PM how to shoot a jump shot? Eerily similar.

We could certainly use BB. He is a more complete point guard than we have had for a while. His scoring ability seems automatic. If he continues to improve we will have 3 solid shooters on the floor in 2/3 years if JoeW sticks around. JoeW, PMac and BB would certainly be fun to watch.....

I wonder when he received credit for assists. He averages about 4 APG. On the video I never saw him pass the ball.....

:cool:

Last edited:
We could certainly use BB. He is a more complete point gurard than we have had for a while. His scoring ability seems automatic. If he continues to improve we will have 3 solid shooters on the floor in 2/3 years if JoeW sticks around. JoeW, PMac and BB would certainly be fun to watch.....

I wonder when he received credit for assists. He averages about 4 APG. On the video I never saw him pass the ball.....

If he did get the offer, wouldn't he be red-shirted? In 2020, J-Bo would presumably be back, with Toussaint and Connor as well.

If he did get the offer, wouldn't he be red-shirted? In 2020, J-Bo would presumably be back, with Toussaint and Connor as well.

J-Bo would certainly be the starter and JoeT and Connor would certainly get their minutes. Might not be enough time on the floor for BB to get enough minutes to not red shirt. I really would like to see him on the floor with JoeW and PMac though, potentially a lot of scoring power.....

Definitely a fall-back choice, no way will he defend the players in the Big, a very JBo type player. Wouldn't mind having him work his way into playing time at Iowa but looking at his competition in this video impossible to tell if he can get his shot off against D1 players. Looks very beat up already not the type of player Iowa desperately needs.

He would definitely be a candidate for a redshirt. This will give him the time to add some weight and muscle. He can also use this time to get used to playing at a higher level and getting familiar with our style of play.

Latest posts