BOO-HOO Deace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deace lost me forever when he said Devon Gardner was the best QB in the league...and that he was the only one that would be drafted. Say something that stupid...and well...hard to come back.

Deace's takes are good. Even when I don't agree with him I understand his reasoning.

This is just whining.

The big10 had nothing to do with PSU jumping Michigan for the Rose (unless he's inferring Alvarez put his thumb on the scale).

Saying the Orange is just another *meh* bowl smacks of haughtiness that's been trademarked by programs that have deserved it over the last decade: Bama, OSU, USC.

I can't stand those three programs for that reason. Just a tier below are programs that think they're that when they haven't done anything to get there. I'm looking at you Nebraska, Michigan, Texas.

I hadn't listened to a podcast with Deace in it for some time but I thought I might enjoy listening to his meltdown...and I did enjoy it...for about a minute. But now I hear that whiny voice in my head and I can't get it out! Help!

(For the record Jon's pretty amateurish at podcasting too. Won't be listening to that ever again.)

Deace was a complete thumb sucking cry baby during that Podcast....I was embarrassed for him. You cant be that much of a Michigan Haack and a Harbaugh disciple all season, and then pull that crap! When Iowa beat Michigan, he was all nonchalant, like it wasn't going to effect the outcome of Big Blue's season(turns out that Iowa did play spoiler..LOVE that)..and now, after Harbaugh failed to win at the shoe, ....and they had plenty of opportunities to win that game despite any missed calls either way...Now his head explodes and he refuses to watch the BIG10 Championship. Definition of SORE LOSER! Typical Michigan ego...enuf!

I listen to nearly every HN podcast, and have so for years. This year has been a test of my patience secondary to the multiple 'commercials' in a 20 minute pod.

However, though I've managed to grit my teeth and bear Deace a number of times in the past, these last couple of podcasts (the meltdown and the meltdown part deux from this week) have made me question how much more of the Michigan fanboy stuff I can take on a HAWKEYE pod. I don't blame Jon for yawning. It's tiresome. I agree, bring in Rob. Podcasts are a tough place to listen to someone emote/implode.

By the way, have you heard about Exile's Ruthie?

<<By the way, have you heard about Exile's Ruthie?>>

No less than 20 times..

<<By the way, have you heard about Exile's Ruthie?>>

No less than 20 times..

If you listen to a lot of podcasts like me, you need to download the Overcast app. Even the free version has a great skip forward 30 sec button. It is great as more and more of these podcasts have ads now.

Deace was a complete thumb sucking cry baby during that Podcast....I was embarrassed for him. You cant be that much of a Michigan Haack and a Harbaugh disciple all season, and then pull that crap! When Iowa beat Michigan, he was all nonchalant, like it wasn't going to effect the outcome of Big Blue's season(turns out that Iowa did play spoiler..LOVE that)..and now, after Harbaugh failed to win at the shoe, ....and they had plenty of opportunities to win that game despite any missed calls either way...Now his head explodes and he refuses to watch the BIG10 Championship. Definition of SORE LOSER! Typical Michigan ego...enuf!

Yes. I forgot to add sore loser in the thread starter.

I'm not going to back to listen to the ten minutes I already did (which was too much) but I thought he said he was not going to watch MI in the bowl game either. Really Deace?

And to think he'll probably be some sort of politician some day.

Oh - and I feel sorry for his kid(s) as well.

Yes. I forgot to add sore loser in the thread starter.

I'm not going to back to listen to the ten minutes I already did (which was too much) but I thought he said he was not going to watch MI in the bowl game either. Really Deace?

And to think he'll probably be some sort of politician some day.

Oh - and I feel sorry for his kid(s) as well.

<<Oh - and I feel sorry for his kid(s) as well.>>

Wait....some chick let Deace pork her?!

He had an off-podcast that wasn't any good to listen to... so what.
Everybody has an off-day at work now and then.
Most of the time Deace's analysis is spot-on and his instant recollect for stats and names you have to admit is frickin' impressive. He acknowledges his Maize&Blue-bias just like Jon acknowledges his Black&Gold bias. In the end THEY'RE JUST FANS just like us, and all of us (if we're honest) can be annoying at times. Ask any wife.

He had an off-podcast that wasn't any good to listen to... so what.
Everybody has an off-day at work now and then.
Most of the time Deace's analysis is spot-on and his instant recollect for stats and names you have to admit is frickin' impressive. He acknowledges his Maize&Blue-bias just like Jon acknowledges his Black&Gold bias. In the end THEY'RE JUST FANS just like us, and all of us (if we're honest) can be annoying at times. Ask any wife.

Indeed - if it's all true. I'm not saying it isn't but have you done any fact checking yourself that qualifies you to be so impressed?

I must be really behind the times. I thought Deace was a diehard clown fan that helped get Dan fired. When did he become a maize n blue homer? This is a serious question.

I must be really behind the times. I thought Deace was a diehard clown fan that helped get Dan fired. When did he become a maize n blue homer? This is a serious question.

I believe he's always been a huge Michigan fan. I never understood how he ended up getting involved with the Cyclones. Was it just a business venture?

I'm conflicted with Deace. I can't stand his Michigan/Political rants, but he does pull some interesting nuggets out of his bhole as well.

I believe he's always been a huge Michigan fan. I never understood how he ended up getting involved with the Cyclones. Was it just a business venture?

I'm conflicted with Deace. I can't stand his Michigan/Political rants, but he does pull some interesting nuggets out of his bhole as well.
I about spit my coffee all over my tv when I saw Deace on CNN. WTH! I think it was about some political stuff going on in the state.

yeah his day job is waxing Ted Cruz's ballsack. He just moonlights on HN
Deace is frequently sought out for opinions of politics in Iowa. I have seen him on other networks as well during election season. He has a radio show on CRTV which is mainly his commentary on politics and he is apparently well-respected among conservatives. Sometimes I can't listen to the podcasts he and Jon do because of his political rants, but I do respect his opinion on sports.

Deace is frequently sought out for opinions of politics in Iowa. I have seen him on other networks as well during election season. He has a radio show on CRTV which is mainly his commentary on politics and he is apparently well-respected among conservatives. Sometimes I can't listen to the podcasts he and Jon do because of his political rants, but I do respect his opinion on sports.

I'm in line with much of his political views, but he is just so abrasive some times.

That said, he knows what the hell he's talking about when it comes to college football. I respect the hell out of him for his football AND political insights, but he just rubs me wrong with the smugness. No doubt, though, that he is pretty intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts