BOO-HOO Deace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listen to nearly every HN podcast, and have so for years. This year has been a test of my patience secondary to the multiple 'commercials' in a 20 minute pod.

However, though I've managed to grit my teeth and bear Deace a number of times in the past, these last couple of podcasts (the meltdown and the meltdown part deux from this week) have made me question how much more of the Michigan fanboy stuff I can take on a HAWKEYE pod. I don't blame Jon for yawning. It's tiresome. I agree, bring in Rob. Podcasts are a tough place to listen to someone emote/implode.

By the way, have you heard about Exile's Ruthie?

I listened to about half of it then just lost interest. Kinda sucks when you're looking forward to a particular podcast that is usually good right after the conference championship games and that's what you get. I know it's free and all but it was still disappointing when I sat down to listen this morning and all it was was a platform for Deace to act like a child.
Would of much rather preferred Jon had Rob on to actually talk about the games.

A little too cold to protest this week if you ask me, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see a man walking down the streets of West Des Moines protesting the B1G champion results. Maybe he can just wear a pin or something this week. Harbaugh did ask "Who's got it better than us?" At the very least....the Buckeyes do!

Deace... the 4th down call was correct. At the very least it was very close as called on the field and not evidence to overturn it.

thoughts on this photo? Honest question, is this close enough to see why it was called a first down on the field and also why there was not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field? Anyone that answers that he was "clearly" short of the first down is someone I will not speak to about football, or anything.

Cry a river Deace, your Ann Arbor tears taste delicious.

jt-barrett-first-down.jpg

Why would anyone listen to a podcast with Deace on it? He's a Michigan fan that doesn't know half as much as he thinks he does.
Just because he's Jon's buddy? No thanks.

I listen to nearly every HN podcast, and have so for years. This year has been a test of my patience secondary to the multiple 'commercials' in a 20 minute pod.

However, though I've managed to grit my teeth and bear Deace a number of times in the past, these last couple of podcasts (the meltdown and the meltdown part deux from this week) have made me question how much more of the Michigan fanboy stuff I can take on a HAWKEYE pod. I don't blame Jon for yawning. It's tiresome. I agree, bring in Rob. Podcasts are a tough place to listen to someone emote/implode.

By the way, have you heard about Exile's Ruthie?

I have been getting used to the commercials or at least where they are in the podacast. Just fast forward a bit is all. I haven't tried the Ruthie but the podcast did get me curious about the Sir Mocha Lot. I had one over the weekend.....just one:confused: Anything special about the Ruthie?

Deace... the 4th down call was correct. At the very least it was very close as called on the field and not evidence to overturn it.

thoughts on this photo? Honest question, is this close enough to see why it was called a first down on the field and also why there was not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field? Anyone that answers that he was "clearly" short of the first down is someone I will not speak to about football, or anything.

Cry a river Deace, your Ann Arbor tears taste delicious.

jt-barrett-first-down.jpg

From that angle the ball is right on the white line (yellow means squat). However you are looking from behind the play with that angle. He's short and that should have been the initial call. But the Ohio homeboys saw otherwise

I would put in Michigan ahead of Clemson

I think Michigan is a better team than Clemson. Clemson had trouble with a lot of teams this year, but Clemson has only one loss, sort of a bad loss at home to a Pitt team with barely a winning record, and they won their conference championship game as an extra game to play. So no way you put Michigan ahead of them just because you think they are better.

The thing that struck me is when Jon asked him if the whole process just started to be corrupt....

The Michigan vs OSU game was no different than hundreds of other games. The bigger name team got some calls or no calls. The system has always been rigged.

This is I don't get why more fans don't line up and demand that the NC be decided on the field. Win you conference, get to the playoffs, pretty simple. No more selecting which 4 teams go when you already know they will just always make up the reason why a OSU will go over a Baylor/TCU......the blue blood will always win in this system.

From that angle the ball is right on the white line (yellow means squat). However you are looking from behind the play with that angle. He's short and that should have been the initial call. But the Ohio homeboys saw otherwise

I don't care for OSU or their fans. But while it's possible that he was short, it's certainly close enough to see why he was given the 1st in real time, and also why there wasn't enough evidence to over turn the call.

It wasn't even the worst call of the game, by a long shot. The no call on the PI the previous MI possession was worse.

Again, Mich whining about close calls is laughable.

The thing that struck me is when Jon asked him if the whole process just started to be corrupt....

The Michigan vs OSU game was no different than hundreds of other games. The bigger name team got some calls or no calls. The system has always been rigged.

This is I don't get why more fans don't line up and demand that the NC be decided on the field. Win you conference, get to the playoffs, pretty simple. No more selecting which 4 teams go when you already know they will just always make up the reason why a OSU will go over a Baylor/TCU......the blue blood will always win in this system.

Maybe Baylor/TCU should look at upping their non-conference schedules. The right decision was made that year. OSU was clearly better than either. Same as OSU was clearly better than the Big 12 champ this year. Expand to 8 teams but do not put crap teams in from the Big 12 just because they won a crap title.

I swore during the Iowa vs Northwestern and Wisconsin games that the BIG had decided that Iowa could not win the West again and gave them every questionable call. And I try not to complain about the refs too much. Who knows if anything like that actually happens or if it's just that sometimes the calls just don't go your way.

If the bigger name team gets the calls, then how can it be decided on the field? If the CFP just takes the conference champs, then the leagues will ensure that the teams they want to go will get the calls. We could have won/shared the conference championship in 2005, until Witvoet decided he wanted his favorite team to win (Michigan), so they did. No biggie if Breaston was holding on the edge to spring a big play. No biggie if Jovon Johnson was called for offensive PI on a play where he was tackled just before making an interception. It's rigged no matter what....

Maybe Baylor/TCU should look at upping their non-conference schedules. The right decision was made that year. OSU was clearly better than either. Same as OSU was clearly better than the Big 12 champ this year. Expand to 8 teams but do not put crap teams in from the Big 12 just because they won a crap title.

So OSU playing Navy, Kent St. and Cincinnati that year, plus losing to a bad Virginia Tech team was a killer row of a non conference schedule?

Some years one conference will be up and another one down, and vice versa. I'm not gonna argue that OSU isn't "deserving" this year, or that Baylor/TCU was more "deserving" 2 year ago. My point is the committee just makes it up as they go, and it just so happens to always favor the blue blood/bigger TV draw.

The basic premise should be, win your conference and you are in. That guarantees access to all teams to the playoffs. If there were 4 conferences, that would work just fine. Since there are 5, then let 5 in for sure and figure out how many on top of that get access.

The NCAA doesn't want this, because they want to guarantee they can rig the system to always get in a OSU over a Baylor, to make sure that a Texas is in and not Iowa. That is what it is about, it ain't about getting the "best 4" in, it is about getting the 4 "they want" in.

If that were completely true why not exclude Washington and put in Penn State or Michigan. I know there's no way they want 4 non name brands but they can afford to take the best teams. College football is bigger than a couple of name brands imo.

Also, I'd assume Baylor was the BXII potential rep in 2014 and their non-conference schedule made Ohio State's look top notch. Also, it's hard to argue 2014 since Ohio St won the title and Baylor lost its bowl game to Michigan St.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts